No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Canelo-Jacobs Numbers Need To Add Up For NSAC & DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    Keith Idec must be feeling upset he bet on Gennady by KO twice against Canelo. Did he write articles about Crawford Khan PPV needing to “add up?”

Bitter reporting if you ask me. He insinuates great pricing for Jacobs Canelo fans, an offer that many would find plentiful, but then goes into skepticism about DAZN’s future retention... foreshadowing the likelihood that it would somehow make sense for Canelo to win because DAZN “needs it.”

Geez man, write an article specifically about Moretti, Weisman, Feldman while you’re at it...
    Guy is ALWAYS b1tching about the judges and canelo. Old ass prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      A young guy at the gym today asked me how to watch the Canelo fight. I told him about the app and the subscription options. His eyes glazed over and he said, "Hopefully they'll have it playing at a bar."

Though people on this site are more inclined to be tech savvy, I think most boxing fans are not and people are really put off by subscriptions. Not sure how dazn is going to be able to hold up in a sport that isn't exactly a river of money.
      Sums up well for me too.

I subscribed last weekend for the Estrada fight (the $20 a month option), which takes me to the Usyk fight on the 25. After that, I really don't care.

Won't sub again. I'm not a fan of the majority of their boxers. I also don't like Eddie Hearn and his ilk, and he's their face.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        Canelo GGG 2

Rounds 1-3 were tight rounds. GGG landing more punches and generally controlling the round with his volume, and Canelo landing the best punch/combo of each round. I've had each guy up 2-1 after 3, with each guy taking different rounds at times. 2-1 after 3 is the right score, let's say Canelo up 2-1 after 3.

Rounds 4-5 were clear rounds for GGG. He settled in a little more and started landing a few big shots of his own in the rounds. Combined with his again outlanding Canelo by a significant margin in each round, these were clear rounds for him. Round 5 is interesting, as this was the one round where Canelo did force GGG to fight on the back foot. But GGG did it extremely well and showed us some skills he has never really had to display before. 3-2 GGG after 5.

Rounds 6-8 were fairly tight rounds. I usually split these 2/3 for the guy who I gave 1/3 of the first 3 rounds to. So that would be 5-3 GGG. Probably the right score in a close competitive fight where there were 6 close rounds, and 2 clear rounds for one guy. I could see 4-4 at this point but I think that is being pretty kind to Canelo.

Rounds 9-11 were clear rounds for GGG. At this point he is warmed up and since he never really has stamina issues, these mid-late rounds are where he can really gain an advantage over Canelo, who will always start out faster/quicker than GGG, but once it gets late in the fight it seems hard for Canelo to keep weathering the constant pressure and scoring from GGG. Could see 8-3 or 7-4 after 11.

Round 12s are always tough for me to score, especially when the fight isn't in doubt. They are usually all heart rounds, and if I don't need to score it, I usually just enjoy watching it to see what each guy has left. To me 9-3 to 7-5 were the acceptable range of scores in this fight, with 8-4 probably being the best. Which makes sense when you have one guy winning 5 clear rounds, and then having 7 close rounds.

How did you score it?
        I see you don't take in account misses and completely IGNORE body work SMH... It's your scorecard! Give GGG all 12 rounds???? Throw in rounds 13 and 14 as well....I have never seen someone COMPLETELY ignore Defense like you do????

We get it no matter how many times GGG/Canelo fight GGG is ALWAYS goona come out ahead on your cards.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
          Good luck.neither one of them are huge draws lol

Ummm Canelos one of the biggest draws in boxing what planet do you live on dip*****

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            Its not the boxing world in general that can't tolerate a close decision. Its fan boys who need to feel justified or affirmed. There are several of us who can tolerate a close decision going against our opinion or the guy we were rooting for.
            Good Point! I'm having some friends come over and watch the fight. This chick I like asked my what if Canelo loses??? I was like then he loses? No big deal! Not like I'm gonna kick my dog or beat some kids? Canelo fights the best he can have 7 loses! Just don't be fighting now Rolls / Vanes 2 out of 3 fights and I'm good.

Losing to Jacobs is no shame! No fighting him is 10x worse....

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Losing to Jacobs is no shame! No fighting him is 10x worse....
              You know good and well, should Canelo somehow lose, you'd never hear the end of it from Golovkin fans.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                You know good and well, should Canelo somehow lose, you'd never hear the end of it from Golovkin fans.
                Man some ppl felt Jacobs beat GGG? Jacobs wanted that rematch smoke GGG said no.

GGG is turning down fights with Sergiy, Adnrade, Charlo, to fight some guy ranked like 103 best MW. They have NO room to talk. ESPECIALLY after just taking ANOTHER sht fight NO Hopper 2 fights before. GGG fans open their mouth it's punch on site!!!!

Comment

My sentiments exactly. Tech savvy as one may be, everyone is still at the mercy of ill trained cable staff who install, trouble shoot and answer the many calls at call centers when disruptions occur getting the product to your screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    The cost isn't really the issue as guys kiddush get together and split costs. Nobody wants to subscribe to something they never heard of, esp with a cringey name like "da zone". Let's not pretend it's ANYWHERE on the level of Netflix, which has a ton of useful content.

I've seen nothing in terms of promotion. Canelo fights are always advertised heavily here in AZ with the huge Mexican American population. There's nothing. IDK how you pay this guy that much and then drop the ball like that.

I'm not against dazn one bit. I think they are just poorly run and can't sustain like this. They already had to bump up the price because it wasn't working.
                    How is $8.99 bumping up the price? I got DAZN yesterday and to my surprise, I learn it was only $8.99 a month, took my credit card out and pay the $100 a year no problem. the fight alone is worth $100 bucks, so no regrets here at all!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      I get told ALL the timer GGG won because he landed more punches??? Forgot how to throw combos. Forgot how to throw to the body? Looked like F'n Keller missing over 1,000++ Punches in 2 fights???? I don't reward amatuers sht like that!

Wow!!! He landed a lab??? We send kids in corners to throw that 1,000x a day until they learn it or quit. FKN 1st punch they teach in boxing. Then when they get better we introduce combos and last body work. A jab is to SET up other punches??? NOT be your entire arsenal.

Comment

Working...
                      X