No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Canelo-Jacobs Numbers Need To Add Up For NSAC & DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    Sure, but if you have enough money to spend the night in a bar, then i don't think your eyes are going glaze over at the thought of $20.
    Anybody that buy Canelo Jacobs this weekend get $4 a fight for: Usyk, Taylor, Haney, Joshua. It’s a boxing fan and Bellator MMA fans’ nightmare for such practical app viewing in today’s technology!

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
      Of course. The old guard (TR, PBC) feels threatened by newcomers DAZN. So ofc they'll try to do anything to protect themselves. For example, AJ was banned from all the ESPN network platforms. And SHO side is, among other things, using BS to do a lot of dirty work for them.
      For me, it's more of a sign of recognition of DAZN as a real threat than the opposite.
      ... yes... that's business... but I don't think that DAZN is that dangerous as they already want to spin off their business...
      Last edited by MDPopescu; 05-03-2019, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
        Good luck.neither one of them are huge draws lol
        Canelo is literally the biggest draw in boxing. It is still possible he is not a "huge draw", but he's the biggest in boxing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          ... yes... that's business... but I don't think that DAZN is that dangerous as they already want to spin off their business...
          Well, even if it's just a "spin", it works. They're reacting.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu
            Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
            Well, even if it's just a "spin", it works. They're reacting.
            ... in business, "spin off" means "sell out"... (which is the case here)...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... in business, "spin off" means "sell out"... (which is the case here)...
              Anybody know who owns Sherdog? They’re the defacto MMA. I wonder if there’s a hybrid version of Shillers there like Boxingscene. Meaning lurkers there also saying $20 is a rip off to traditional UFC PPV buyers and to only root for ESPN? Lol.

I mean surely there have to be a group of Bellator fans there whom would find DAZN nice?

Just wait to DAZN launches in Brazil. Those over populated cities whom live everything fighting... we’ll see

Comment

The scoring by these judges in Canelo-GGG II was perfectly fair. GGG's own trainer denied the controversy and accepted the decision and Jacobs himself said he sees no controversy. So I'm not sure what's the purpose of this lecture unless you're trying to pressure them into scoring it in Jacob's favor in a close fight. A lot of people conveniently overlook that Canelo consistently outlands opponents in power punches along with his body work. Judges sitting at ringside can better appreciate the quality of his work than those who insist power punches should be scored equal to an opponent's jab (but only when those power punches are delivered by Canelo).

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  I'm not sure if there is a bigger resistance against new services in the US. The guy was even asking you on how to watch that fight.

It's a clear logical process, 20$ for something that would usually cost 70-80$ + additional content for the next three weeks.

=> Getting more for paying less

And even if he is unsatisfied with the service, the worse that could happen is spending 20$.

But I'm assuming that u are not a dazn hater and objectively told him about dazn.

And all this talk about it being on an app. Its 2019 lol. How can this in any way be a problem, if Netflix and chill is an everyday expression.
                  It's going over your head. The point is not the value, it's that the subscription model is shoved down our throats on the US. Be it TV, film, video games, or the fact that even goods are sold with "subscribe and save" gimmicks now. Petco sends me emails about subscribing to get my dog's food monthly. It's so prolific that it's become offputting. I hear this from a lot of people. As soon as you say "subscribe" they don't want it because it's ANOTHER commitment.

Dazn thought they would just do the Amazon prime method of dumping a ton of money into star power and making themselves a subscription service. I don't have anything against them but as someone who is business savvy and has run my own company for over 10 years, my guess is that they're going to struggle. It's not like I want them to, I'm just being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                    Anybody know who owns Sherdog? They’re the defacto MMA. I wonder if there’s a hybrid version of Shillers there like Boxingscene. Meaning lurkers there also saying $20 is a rip off to traditional UFC PPV buyers and to only root for ESPN? Lol.

I mean surely there have to be a group of Bellator fans there whom would find DAZN nice?

Just wait to DAZN launches in Brazil. Those over populated cities whom live everything fighting... we’ll see
                    I see...

... Sherdog is but a Webpage... while DAZN is a "streaming platform" -- which is a different thing anyhow...

Comment

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
                      The scoring by these judges in Canelo-GGG II was perfectly fair. GGG's own trainer denied the controversy and accepted the decision and Jacobs himself said he sees no controversy. So I'm not sure what's the purpose of this lecture unless you're trying to pressure them into scoring it in Jacob's favor in a close fight. A lot of people conveniently overlook that Canelo consistently outlands opponents in power punches along with his body work. Judges sitting at ringside can better appreciate the quality of his work than those who insist power punches should be scored equal to an opponent's jab (but only when those power punches are delivered by Canelo).
                      Pause...

Comment

Working...
                      X