Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit do you give Spence for beating Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
    A lot of credit because of how Spence beat him. He didn’t use his size and strength advantages at all. Just boxed Garcia’s face off and demonstrated that he was the more intelligent fighter.
    Yeah, Spence didn't use his long reach due to being bigger. It was something else. Maybe aliens?

Comment

Absolutely none.

Hell, even Mikey stopped trying to win in the first round. It was that bad.

Comment

Straight up mismatch. Made worse by going the distance. Even worser since he didn't even try for the KO.

He won every round easily so there's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          Yeah, Spence didn't use his long reach due to being bigger. It was something else. Maybe aliens?
          I didn’t say he didn’t use his long reach you dumb Brit, learn how to read. Don’t make me slaughter you again.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Yes and no. He didn't bulldoze Mikey like a lot of people thought, but even by boxing, his size/length advantage was used on the outside. He was able to keep distance in part because he had those advantages. But he definitely out skilled Mikey in that fight. He would make Mikey miss and counter him and get out of range before Mikey was able to respond.

LIS, impressive performance but just a solid win. Can't be a great win because Mikey hasn't proven it at WW yet. This win could end up looking better if Mikey was able to do some damage at WW.
            Of course he still had the size advantage, but he didn’t use it the way he does in all of his other fights. He used his natural advantages as sparingly as he possibly could in order to prove he’s better than Mikey in every department and he 12-0d him.

I said I give him a lot of credit for the win, but I agree, it isn’t a great win at all.

Comment

The take away is Spences boxing ability, he showed another facet and is gunna be extremely hard to beat by anyone from 147-154

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
                No credit. Same for Loma beating Rigo, and GGG beating Brook
                Hmm.......

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
                  A lot of credit because of how Spence beat him. He didn’t use his size and strength advantages at all. Just boxed Garcia’s face off and demonstrated that he was the more intelligent fighter.
                  Yup. That's why Spence should get some credit. Garcia was planning to win some rounds and look good in defeat but he didn't even get to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    Straight up mismatch. Made worse by going the distance. Even worser since he didn't even try for the KO.

He won every round easily so there's that.
                    Red - you don't need the r at the end

Comment

A solid amount. I could just do what the folks who picked Rigo vs. Loma via dominant win and give no credit but even though I picked Spence by easy KO he impressed with how much his skill befuddled Mikey though. He didn’t score the stoppage like GGG did vs. Brook or force him to quit like Loma did to Rigo but he gets decent credit but it’s not a great win just a great name.

The same folks crying about a lack of credit are the ones who gave Loma none for Rigo and even a lot of them picked Rigo. I’ve also seen a lot of the folks who gave Loma a ton of credit are giving Spence none probably in retaliation?

Comment

Working...
                      X