Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit do you give Spence for beating Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
    #agenda. Spence obviously was annoyed when those legends said that Mikey was more skilled, specifically SRL.. And they kept bringing it up b4 the fight. And as soon as he won he brought it up. And he obviously..... U know what im done with this convo. Im wasting my breath.

If he bulldozed him...Yall would really be talking shyt..

Lemme say one more time for the folks in the back

#AGENDA
    SRL said Mikey was more skilled or that he picked Mikey?

SRL is a multi-division Champ like Mikey...

Comment

Not a great deal, he beat a good fighter but in a miss-match.

Comment

A little credit for the way he totally outboxed him but Mikey was just too small. Spence is a huge WW

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          He beat one of the top 5-10 P4P fighters in the world.
          This is true...

Comment

I mean we all knew this was a lose-lose situation for spence from the jump.

No matter how much skills spence posseses which, no doubt about it Spence is one of the best p4p boxers on earth today, but you will never get full credit for beating a significantly smaller man, I don't care that it was Mikey who wanted the fight either, that's just the way it is.

Comment

Same amount of credit I gave Floyd for beating JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nehnenqui View Post
                I didn’t say he didn’t use his long reach you dumb Brit, learn how to read. Don’t make me slaughter you again.
                You slaughtered me? Hahahahahaha.

Yeah, you're American alright. You never replied to my comment breaking it all down. But you stay deluded. Haha.

The bigger you are, the bigger the reach tends to be. So yeah, his size did come into it. He used his reach to keep the smaller Garcia on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Red - you don't need the r at the end
                  Not what I ''needed'' but what I wanted

Comment

It wasn't a credit-bearing fight for Spence. It was a challenge for Mikey, only, a guy coming up 2 weight classes, and fighting 5 weight classes above his starting weight.

If Spence had stepped on the gas and completely destroyed and TKO'ed Garcia in 6 rounds or less, that would've looked pretty impressive.

But the fight went the distance against a fighter who had previously been knocked down and hurt by smaller fighters. Is Spence like Mayweather who had brittle hands and was himself in his 4th weight class when he fought Marquez? Nope, 147 is Spence's first weight class.

Comment

Spencer beat up a Lightweight. And he never seriously hurt the guy. I mean...what's impressive about that?

Should Crawford fight Lomachenko next?

Comment

Working...
                      X