Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez Slams "Greedy, Ungrateful" Golovkin For The Split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
    I can understand both men’s mindsets here.

GGG probably might want to switch things up and keep more of his money since he is getting towards the end of his career.

At the same time Abel was with him for a ling time and gave him valuable advice. He was with him when he was small potatoes and should be with him during the good times.

I hate how this is ending with mud being slung in public. Abel got to be a bigger man than that.

Golovkin is kinda right..... but not really

trainers get a %

Sanchez earned a percentage split for training Golovkin

but no way would a top P4P fighter pay anyone a percentage

e.g.

Mayweather paid Roger 500k per fight

when you are earning $1m, and paying your trainer 10%..... all good

but when you start making $30m..... $3m is a hell of a training fee

Golovkin was right in giving Abel a flat-fee..... even Sanchez would admit that Golovkin has outgrown paying his staff a split..... Golovkin just needed to pay Abel MORE, so that he wasn't taking a backward step

Golovkin is making HUGE money with DAZN, so it would easily be possible to continue paying Abel the equivalent of his highest payday to date..... or even a little more

this split likely happened because both guys are stubborn, but G should have more respect than to offer Abel less now that he is earning before

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Only way canelo stops him is if he waits til quadruple G is 40
      That fight lost all its interest canelo has moved on and is trying to unify bitter G should do the same thing
      i have to disagree in this one bro, ggg wanted no parts of mexican style for a rason, and still took a lot of damage...

Comment

• janitor:
        chepo..... some guy on the phone, looking for a trainer..... says he wants you to teach him how to fight like a Mexican

chepo:
        another one huh..... just take his number, I'm busy with Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
          he ducked serg and got stripped, either that or he made a business decision, but you ggguys are not cool with business decisions and neither was ggg, so... karma again...
          Yup! And Jacobs beat Sergiy so now Canelo can get that belt.

Comment

• hard to see how this will affect Golovkin.....

some would say, Golovkin is not going to learn anything new from Abel at this point..... so, no big deal

some would say, Golovkin has not developed significantly while under Abel anyway..... so, no big deal

it will come down to mindset/routine imho

a change of scenery could be just what Golovkin needs at this point

or, it could be very difficult to adjust to a new camp / environment / routine..... after being at big bear for so long

we will see

Steve Rolls should not tax Gennady's new team too much

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              What about that trainer Wolfe?
              Sht!!! GGG would be in the best shape of his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
                So the trainer wanted millions when the fighter is the one taking all the punishment...hmmmm.... atta boy #GGG good riddance.
                No dumb @ss, the trainer wanted to make the same amount of money he was making before, but Mr. am not a business guy offer a fifth of that. But of course your man crush for Borat wont let you see the bigger picture....hell you didn't even bather to read the article and came straight to "comment"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigpig View Post
                  GGG made Abel Sanchez. I wouldn’t even know who the F he is if it weren’t for GGG. He didn’t help him in the biggest fights of his career. He should’ve been giving him good advice to make the necessary adjustments or FFS telling him to throw some body punches. I feel like GGG got by on what he knew from his amateur days. He should train with Robert Garcia. They’d make a great team IMO.
                  Yeah IMO Garcia would be the best for GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                    He a good boy though lmao! Triple jab has been a fraud and a piece of sh.it!!! Now that triple jab has a contract for guaranteed money, now is when we see the real price of sh.it he is
                    You should be banned

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      janitor:
                      chepo..... some guy on the phone, looking for a trainer..... says he wants you to teach him how to fight like a Mexican

chepo:
                      another one huh..... just take his number, I'm busy with Ryan
                      Hahahaha I love it.

I can actually see that Happening lol

Comment

Working...
                      X