Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10x his biggest payday LMFAO

Coward stuff. But I think the dude is more afraid of failing PED tests than AJ

Comment

• Think about it dummies, offer, counter offer blah blah...
      He will accept ANY offer if he’s screws his loaf.
      Just a point to touch on, Tony Joshua has to clean this tough Cuban out before the tenth for those bums over the pond to consider AJ for real. (Nonsense I know) anyway, fack off.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I wonder how long people have been following boxing when they come out with crap like this.

Can you name me one time in history the replacement opponent of a big name fighter got more than the original opponent based on short notice?

I'll wait.
        So your argument is he doesn’t deserve what miller was getting, and not even a million more even though he is better known and top 5 in heavyweight division, and should take less actually?

Comment

• Yes, I agree. He has cheated in the past but what is his motive for cheating now; When chances are he is not even in the gym working out or training for a fight or even have one scheduled? I hear people say he has to cycle off first, in order to fight Joshua. Ok that's fair; I get it. However, keep in mind that his last fight was more than seven weeks ago. That is more than enough time for his body to cycle off what's ever is in his system.

Comment

• What a joke.

Talk about badly advised.

This guy, who is a good fighter, will likely never make this much money in all the fights he has for the rest of his career.

$5m is a huge offer for a guy who isn't NY, who doesn't speak English and has no following outside the hardcore fight fans.

I feel really bad for this guy.

In fact this is so ridiculous I seriously wonder if the issue is, as others have suggested, that he can't handle the level of testing that AJ's team demand. He has history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
              If Joshua generates ten times as much revenue as Wilder
              then why is it unthinkable for opponents to demand more
              money for fighting Joshua?

Matchroom wants to run their boxing promotion like Walmart

They want to make billions while paying their associates
              minimum wage.
              The problem is people seem to think like it's them and apply that thinking to their own jobs ignoring market forces. So they think gee, I made 100k, I can't ask for 300k because in normal life that's probably true.

That being said, that was a fair offer. 10M is absurd but 5mil ++ would work for most anyone not in the top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                I get that you want to try and get all you can but asking for $10 mil under the circumstances is taking advantage of the situation and being greedy AF IMO.
                I mean we seen fighters die in and out the ring due to boxing. Ortiz is a older guy, I see nothing wrong asking for more money. AJ has been in camp and Ortiz only gets 5 weeks.

However he is ducking big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Ortiz has a better resume than Miller? It's literally exactly the same.

Equally crap.
                  Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                  Ortiz fought the WBC heavyweight champion, producing an
                  exciting and talked-about fight which helped both of their
                  stock, especially Wilder's, to skyrocket. That fight is still
                  fairly fresh in people's memory. In contrast, Miller had never
                  been involved in a world title fight, is much lesser known,
                  and the most accomplished opponent that he had faced
                  was an old, over-the-hill, blown-up former cruiserweight
                  champion. Yes, Ortiz has a better resume and a better
                  reputation.
                  Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Ortiz's best outing is a KTFO loss

Wilder fans are crazy.
                  Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  So you are saying Ortiz has better resume than Miller because he was stopped by Wilder?

There are many guys that were stopped by Wilder. They have good resume because of that?
                  Wilder fanboy "logic" is hilarious!

Comment

• Okay I hate Joshua but this was a duck by Ortiz. What a phgt

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                      the dude is more afraid of failing PED tests than AJ
                      Remember, he's done VADA testing before and passed them against Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X