Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
    If Heddie Sperm can pay Prince Charles Martin 7 million for him and his IBF belt, then I’m quite sure he can scrape up 3 million more and pay Ortiz what he wants
    You dumb fucc! You said it yourself! Hearn paid for the belt, not Martin!
    Does Ortiz have a Belt???
    I swear some people are just plain stupid!
    You're one of them!

Comment

• Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
      The tickets have all but gone and a sell out against Kermit the Frog would be guaranteed. Also, it isn't PPV in the US. So the only income stream for the fighters to be affected will be the UK PPV (and it really doesn't matter whether it is Ortiz or Hunter or Ruiz for the UK casual). DAZN will no doubt want to drive subscribers which is why they supplemented Miller's purse. Does Ortiz bring in more subscribers than Ruiz? I doubt it. It is all about AJ.
      It’s still over 7k tickets unsold for the fight and that came from Hearn mouth so to say tickets are sold out is a plan lie, Ortiz would bring in more subscribers/free month subscriptions than a Ruiz/Hunter or anyone else they would get.... Ortiz is a top 5 heavyweight and sell better in New York with the Latin fans he can bring in.....He not worth 10million but atleast 6.5-7.5 at most don’t offer less of what miller was going make

Comment

• Ortiz is not someone who is a NY local who can bring that crowd to the fight like Miller could have in MSG, he is a good fighter with no fan base nor is he even going to get all the Latino crowd in like PR fighters do.

5m is a damn good offer considering they can't even market this fight completely and have full on press conferences. Also he could have won 2-3 belts and be the one of the top dogs of the division..

Smdh..

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
          You mention the stoppage result without acknowledging the
          exciting fight that took place leading-up to the stoppage.
          Ortiz fought well in a losing effort to a man regarded among
          the top two heavyweights in the world. Ortiz reputation did
          not suffer the way some are suggesting. He is still regarded
          among the top contenders, and is much more well-known
          than Miller.
          Fight was nothing special. realy, IMO Duhaupas did it better against Wilder. Just look Wilder`s face after fight. Even Szpilka did it better.

Comment

• Ortiz deserves the same as Miller. Hearn is sending a counteroffer, so maybe that'll be what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
              I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ortiz, IF he get the Wilder rematch will get NO MORE than 1.5/2 mill.
              Agree. Still can't believe he turned down 5mils to fight in the US, where he's based out of, for 3 titles. Nuts

Comment

• $5 mill a lowball offer??? Team Ortiz are a joke for turning that down

Comment

• Ortiz must be a very rich man to piss 5 millions down the drain, good for him, he can retire now and enjoy his life

Comment

• Ortiz got caught mid cycle lmao

Comment

• I'm okay with the $10M ask. You can't get what you don't ask for. I'm also okay with the turn down of $5M. Short notice presents a risk and the guy you're replacing has less to lose by losing to Joshua and was getting $6.5M.

To me, if Ortiz turns down anything above the $6.5M Miller was getting, I'm not sure he wanted the fight or maybe wasn't sure he could get PEDs out of his system before VADA testing kicked in.

Those who were sure that Hearn would offered the $6.5 must eat crow. It's not lowball based on Ortiz past purses, but it is low-ball based on Miller's purse. And no, Miller does not have a strong following in NY even though he's from there. If you've seen his fights, you'd know that.

Comment

Working...
                      X