Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
    Asking for 10mil is being greedy on Ortiz team part but Hearn offering less to get Ortiz on short notice then what miller was going make is dumb also..... counter offer 7.5-8 hopefully gets fight made
    I dont see how he could turn down 8mil.

Comment

• Its a lowball offer IMO.

This way Hearn gets to say ' we made him a great offer, he turned us down...'

Comment

• Anyone saying he’s greedy by asking for 10 doesn’t understand negotiations lol. Always ask for more than you want. Since it says Hearn is gonna counter offer it seems like that’s exactly what’s gonna happen

Comment

• I thought Hearn said whoever fought Joshua would get Big Baby's 6.6 million dollar purse?

What happened to that?

If Ortiz turned that down, then I would agree that would be ducking.

Comment

• Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
            Wise words. Only flaw I see is Wilder not wanting to fight Ortiz again before cashing out (or not being able to because of Whyte).
            From the word around the campfire it sounds like the Wilder moves are Ortiz & Kowancki this year so its not crazy to suggest Ortiz is 4 to 8 months from his call up (& Team Ortiz could KNOW they got the winner of Wilder vs Breazeale for all we know). And from my understanding Breazeale is some sorta ABC mando fight so that means Whyte isn't getting a mando shot til this time next year best case.

How set in stone is the above? Not very I'd assume as always in boxing, but that seems the blueprint & general layout at the moment & with Ortiz being arguably the 4th best guy in the division it seems a solid bet he'll get a title shot from someone at some point even if it doesn't transpire exactly like that.

The bigger factor to me is his age. How long can he hold out if he does get bypassed for awhile? I suppose only he really has any idea about that, but if I was on Team Ortiz I'd be sweating that lol.

And maybe a bigger factor is if Wilder signs a deal with DAZN post-Breazeale, as I suspect could happen, does Ortiz get next after Joshua vs Wilder or does he get pushed back in line a ways? Idk about all that.

But yea its a gamble & its always been a gamble for guys who've gotten to where all these guys have gotten.

Comment

• "Hearn is expected to make a counter-offer to Ortiz before finalizing a deal for Miller’s replacement."

So AJ vs Ortiz may not be totally dead after all!

"Multiple sources also have confirmed to BoxingScene.com that Al Haymon, who advises Wilder and Ortiz, has discussed with Ortiz’s team the possibility of a Wilder-Ortiz rematch taking place as soon as September."

But wait ... I thought Haymon and Finkel were planning a mega bucks offer to AJ to fight Wilder on Showtime PPV after Breazeale was out of the way?

Comment

• Miller's deal was for $10 million total. That's including the two fights after Joshua. Miller isn't fighting on DAZN anymore so the $10 mil is there. Ortiz knows this that's why he's asking for Miller's $10 mil

Comment

• So Ortiz went to London looking for AJ, he should have looked in AJs bedroom, but he's ducking now? Hearn is like a guy trying to buy his way out of a hold up. Ortiz simply said what any proper opportunist would say, give me all the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    And Collazo almost stopped Thurman. And Josesito Lopez made referee closely watch Thurman if he is still alive. So what.
                    The so what is that he's a bigger name now, which is exactly what I said. This is entertainment. If you've been watching this sport for anytime you should understand that name recognition matters quite a lot more than skills/ability.

Comment

• Ortiz is scared.
                      Deontay fans/ AJ haters have no more 'AJ is ducking ortiz hurr durr' rhetoric 😂🤣😂🤣

Comment

Working...
                      X