No announcement yet.

Arum is panicking because Crawford/Khan PPV flopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    I love when people celebrate fights losing money...
    PPVs flopping means fewer fights on PPV. Why should fans want PPVs to do well? It just means they'll be asked to pay for more fights.

Comment

No way a OG like Arum didn't know this PPV would flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        I love when people celebrate fights losing money...I mean, will it be worth celebrating when these networks decide to get out of the boxing business cuz these rival promoters can’t get it together and make the fights fans are willing to pay for?
        For the fan it just may.

If the existing PPV heavy model breaks down and there's more fights available via either a reasonable subscription charge or perhaps via a new model, say online micro payments broke down via bout then the end result could be better for the boxing fan.

Because let's face it the current model has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          If it did more than 100k I'd be surprised. Crawford doesn't give A f*** about promoting his fights.

In fairness to him it should be about the business, but being as quiet as he is definitely doesn't move units.
          Crawford looks like he wants to be anywhere else but whatever interview he is doing. He actually showed he has a personality when him and Spence were going at each other at the Saucedo-Hooker fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
            For the fan it just may.

If the existing PPV heavy model breaks down and there's more fights available via either a reasonable subscription charge or perhaps via a new model, say online micro payments broke down via bout then the end result could be better for the boxing fan.

Because let's face it the current model has a lot to answer for.
            The WWE method is the way forward and that is what DAZN has kind of replicated without the fan base. Their Network/App cuts out the additional distributor costs.

Comment

Crawford would be a huge PPV success if he was actually fighting the toughest fights every time, instead we get to see him fight the likes of Lundy, Burns, and Khan's of the boxing world. Not to say Khan isn't a good fighter, but we all knew he was massively shop-worn.

Khan unlike Crawford actually looked to fight good fighters from the get-go.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                The WWE method is the way forward and that is what DAZN has kind of replicated without the fan base. Their Network/App cuts out the additional distributor costs.
                Yes, I think if they manage to achieve the required scale the flat 100 bucks p/a is better value for US boxing fans than $70 PPV' every month. Although a lot of US fans here seem resistant to that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  Copp just reported Pacquiao vs Thurman on 7/20. How many buys do u see that doing? Seems like similar to the Broner fight. 300-400k
                  If they're going to pay Pac 20M again, then there is money to be made, and everyone here don't know where it's coming from lol

Maybe there are people behind who only bet on big horses - i.e Pacman, Floyd, Canelo, etc., and bet in multi millions.

Comment

God damn. Wtf did i say last night????

Comment

Yeah great for boxing fans right?

Comment

Working...
                      X