No announcement yet.

Arum is panicking because Crawford/Khan PPV flopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gritsteel View Post
    If they're going to pay Pac 20M again, then there is money to be made, and everyone here don't know where it's coming from lol

Maybe there are people behind who only bet on big horses - i.e Pacman, Floyd, Canelo, etc., and bet in multi millions.
    there didn’t money to be made on that fight. It’s keeping manny away from TR and if they ever can make Manny vs floyd 2 then there is money to made there and also if manny loses to errol Spence that could people Spence to a bigger ppv draw.

You need to sell a lot more than 400k ppvs to make money when Pac and his opponent have a combined 25 mil guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      PPVs flopping means fewer fights on PPV. Why should fans want PPVs to do well? It just means they'll be asked to pay for more fights.
      true...although I don't mind paying for a legit ppv quality fight. when was the last time we got a really good fight on free tv that wasn't a premium subscription channel? anyway, people on here celebrate low ratings for pbc shows all the time. the overarching problem, is the fights people really want to see aren't getting made for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        Fake news......
        Media members are starting to report these numbers now. Still fake news?

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
          Link? Source?

Not that I don't believe you, just wondering where you heard this from.

I remember when Crawford fought Postol on PPV, those numbers were terrible, how much were those numbers again? Like 60,000 ppv buys or was it 80,000, I forgot I just remember it being pretty bad.
          I got it from someone i know. I've seen media members starting to report these numbers so I'm confident my source is correct.

The Postol fight did around 50k

Comment

fake news my sources say it did 1.2 million buys and apparently 100 percent of those that bought it did t for khan

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              200k for Crawford fight is massive it means the ESPN mega phone is a real thing
              It was kind of pricey. I ordered it though.

Comment

Comment

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/4/1...eview-ppv-buys

I don't know if this was posted but it's a very good read.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    I got it from someone i know. I've seen media members starting to report these numbers so I'm confident my source is correct.

The Postol fight did around 50k
                    The article I just posted confirmed crawford/postol did 55k ppv sales.

Comment

ESPN was quick with the press release for ESPN plus after the UFC first event on the app

Comment

Working...
                      X