No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Brandon Adams on 6/15 or 6/8, on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    Good post man, not trying to be rude to that guy. But it is posts like those that just leave me scratching my head on here.

Like I am all for a balanced critique of any fighter out there. But the sh.it people try and throw at GGG I just don't get it lol.

I think someone could make a reasonable argument against GGG but the truth is that he has done a lot of good and great stuff in the sport. The critiques thrown at him often times just come across, as you said, as having the conclusion in mind before studying the case.

you could say well he tried to fight saunders 3 times but he should have tried 4! DUCK DUCK DUCK! why didnt he rearrange his entire schedule around facing saunders! he avoided the slick guys! then in his next sentence he says how ggg was trying to fight martinez(was he not slick?) and fought canelo twice(is he not slick?) its really just a sloppy swiss cheese argument

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Because Golovkin was an Olympic medalist, 23-0 when he made his US debut, with a fringe belt around his waist, was being hailed as the most dominant middleweight to come along since Hagler and his first four fights aired here were Proksa, a 154lb Rosado, Ishida, and Macklin, lol.

Heck, Golovkin took two more bull**** fights before finally stepping in with Daniel Geale, and even then Geale is a good fighter who could barely punch himself out of a paper bag.

And then Golovkin spent the next three years bumping his gums until fighting Daniel Jacobs (would count Kell Brook, but having a 147lb fighter come up 2 weight classes to be the best fighter on your resume doesn't need the extra rub).

Golovkin showed himself to be a B/B+ fighter; nothing to cry about for a career, but nowhere near being Sugar Ray Robinson.

Jermall Charlo is a B/B- fighter from what we can see so far, who has room to possibly be who knows how good if he develops properly.

There's no baby gloves about any of this.
      ? All those guys are actually good fighters lol. And those guys are only probably like numbers 8, 10, 11 and 13 on GGG's resume. And he rolled over them with no problem. Ishida is the same guy who just went 12 rounds with Pirog and Paul Williams, for example. GGG rolled over him.

Proksa was a good up and coming fighter. Got rolled. Macklin a good veteran who never got worked like he did with GGG. Rosado was in with a lot of really good fighters and was never dominated and KOed like he was with GGG. I just think someone objective would even look at that 4 guy run - which again ranking wise those guys are towards the bottom of GGG's list - and say 'that was an impressive run for GGG.'

I mean those guys would legitimately be somewhere from 1-6 on Charlo's resume, if he could have beaten them.

The truth is when you start scrutinizing GGG's resume to a certain extent, and stacking it up with others, even ATG's, you realize that GGG stacks up well. Hagler has some serious blemishes on his resume (embarrassed by a smaller old Leonard, lost to Watts and Monroe, was getting outboxed again by Monroe before a 12th round KO, went 15 went a small old fat Duran) to go along with the great Hearns win.

Other than that his only real top win was over Mugabi and in a way that isn't necessarily better than a Lemieux win for GGG as Mugabi never actually beat anyone (although I agree that the Hagler fight took a lot out of him and imo that was a great win for Hagler).

To compare GGG to Hagler makes sense. To compare Charlo to GGG, I mean that's just wild man. I know you want one of 'your guys' to come on the scene but pushing Charlo like that and comparing him to GGG who has proved it for 10+ years and Charlo hasn't even gotten started, I mean that's wild lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        you could say well he tried to fight saunders 3 times but he should have tried 4! DUCK DUCK DUCK! why didnt he rearrange his entire schedule around facing saunders! he avoided the slick guys! then in his next sentence he says how ggg was trying to fight martinez(was he not slick?) and fought canelo twice(is he not slick?) its really just a sloppy swiss cheese argument
        Honestly daggum the only fair critiques I have read on here or any other boxing site about GGG are from his actual fans. They seem to keep it real about him for the most part.

You said it best about his detractors starting with the conclusion and then forming the story, however ridiculous, to support it.

Comment

Because Golovkin was an Olympic medalist, 23-0 when he made his US debut, with a fringe belt around his waist, was being hailed as the most dominant middleweight to come along since Hagler and his first four fights aired here were Proksa, a 154lb Rosado, Ishida, and Macklin, lol.

Heck, Golovkin took two more bull**** fights before finally stepping in with Daniel Geale, and even then Geale is a good fighter who could barely punch himself out of a paper bag.

And then Golovkin spent the next three years bumping his gums until fighting Daniel Jacobs (would count Kell Brook, but having a 147lb fighter come up 2 weight classes to be the best fighter on your resume doesn't need the extra rub).

Golovkin showed himself to be a B/B+ fighter; nothing to cry about for a career, but nowhere near being Sugar Ray Robinson.

Jermall Charlo is a B/B- fighter from what we can see so far, who has room to possibly be who knows how good if he develops properly.

the way you frame everything is so biased its hilarious. before finally stepping in with geale. that implies some sort of hesitation from ggg. there was none. guys were rejecting ggg but your word smithing implies the opposite. you would never frame charlos career like that and we have evidence from your posts. hes still building his run, hes still improving, etc...but when its ggg who was fighting much better competition "hes bumping his gums" meaning all talk no action why isn't charlo bumping his gums? he hasnt tried to fight anyone at 160 besides the guys at dazn but he wont go to dazn and he knows they wont come to him so essentially big talk no action. no hes not bumping his gums of course. hes building his run!
          Last edited by daggum; 04-03-2019, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Also - to put it another way - Macklin was GGG's probably 8th best win or so. And he ran through him easily.

A modern day comparison to Macklin would be Korobov, who would be the 1st or 2nd best guy Charlo has faced. Charlo went 12 hard rounds with him and it was 7-5 either way 6-6 type fight in most people's opinions.

So the 8th or so best win for GGG was a 1 sided domination. That same type of guy went 12 with Charlo in basically a draw and that is maybe the best guy Jermall has faced lol. Come on man. I actually like Jermall but to put him with GGG right now is crazy.

Edit - not to say Jermall wouldn't have a shot against GGG right now. I think he would have a puncher's chance. GGG isn't getting any younger. But based on resume it is not even close. Jermall maybe has 3-4 live bodies on his resume and some are unimpressive when he stepped up to decent competition. GGG has about 20 live bodies and a lot of great shows.
            Last edited by Boxing_1013; 04-03-2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              106 comments? Man oh man a particular segment of “fans” really do obsess with PBC fighters
              Seems most of those 106 are about Golovkin lol !

I guess inevitable given Adams turned down Golovkin to fight Charlo though. Correct move from Adams financially, and probably more chance v Charlo than Golovkin.

If it all leads to Charlo fighting a live body at some point like Dervy then all good, but at some point he has to start fighting people who are top 10.

Comment

• Damn. Would a wanted see Korobov with full training camp prepared for Charlo. I know Korobov wanted that. Alot of ppl on business side don't seem to believe in the Charlos. Looks like a scam to me..

Comment

• Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  He should be rematching Korobov.
                  He BEAT korobov. He should be fighting Pvssy G.

Comment

• Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    And people say Crawford has no one to fight at welterweight. Charlos middleweight run is utter garbage. His opponents make Amir Khan Benavidez and Jeff Horn look like elite fighters. Charlo doesn’t have one for her champ under his belt at 160 smh
                    So tell Pvssy G to man up & fight Mall, duh

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                      Another mismatch provided to you by PBC. I liked it better when these guys were under Golden Boy.

The Russian Korobov must have scared Charlo to make him want to fight another tune up. Pretty soon it will be tune up gone wrong.
                      You liked the golden boy bums? Weird..

Jermall was the one who had korobov running in the fight & the tune gone wrong could be for Pvssy G....LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X