Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo-Brandon Adams on 6/15 or 6/8, on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Adams has improved...his losses were 4 and 5 years ago. I am kind of glad he took this fight instead of GGG...getting a beat down from a former sparring partner, I mean I just didn't see the upside with the GGG fight. I think Charlo KOs him too but if Adams has improved maybe he has a chance of making it a close fight. And that could lead to other good options for him, maybe even a Canelo fight.

Not sure if on his best day he has enough talent to really dominate Charlo and win on the cards or KO him but probably a better fight for him than GGG. And unless GGG and Charlo fought each other there just isn't much out there for Charlo right now. Charlo's refusal to go to DAZN is imo even dumber than Wilder's decision. He is very possibly going to cost himself a lot of money if he doesn't head that way. Even if he goes there and can't compete with the top guys he would probably earn himself a Canelo fight and a big payday.

I guess GGG is fighting that Kamil guy if he fights in June? Just don't see who else it would be if there is a tune-up. Oh well the good news is that with a lot of those top guys signed with DAZN, DAZN will make sure they all fight each other, and often, to recoup their investment. I look forward to seeing those fights and hopefully GGG still has a few more good years left to put on a few more good performances.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      yes the plan is to fight bums for perpetuity and maybe pick up a vacant belt. seems strange the people who said ggg fought for vacant titles against nothing but bums although he somehow fought 10 top 10 fighters along the way are now saying "charlo has a plan, ignore that he hasnt fought even 1 top 10 fighter" what credibility you would have a great debate with yourself from your older posts
      No one is arguing that Jermall Charlo is the best middleweight in boxing, or that (sans Ray Robinson and Marvelous Hagler) Jermall Charlo whoops every middleweight fighter to ever put on gloves, or that Jermall Charlo whoops every fighter 154-168, or the rest of the bull**** that folks like you were on here using while Golovkin chased his payday.

Jermall Charlo is a good fighter, who's still building his run, who rightly feels like he's the best but who's performance so far (particularly the Korobov fight) shows that there's still room to grow.

Context is a beautiful thing

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        The WBC has always been in the business of facilitating big fights for their champions not preventing them, and Canelo vs GGG is still one of the biggest fights in boxing. That's why the WBC was prepared to give Wilder an exception to fight Fury again even though he had a long standing mandatory (Breazeale). They will do the same for Canelo. In Mauricio Suaiman's words he is their "franchise champion". The WBC does not want to be left out of such a monumental event like Canelo-GGG 3.
        That guy has a point though - how does Sulaiman wiggle out of giving Charlo a shot when he has mandated it? There's no way the WBC would want to miss out on the sanctioning fees associated with a GGG Canelo fight but it does seem like Sulaiman is opening himself up to some issues there if Charlo pushes it.

Canelo and GGG wouldn't really give a sh.it though, that's the funny part. The WBC belt being a part of that brings no added value really by itself. It means a lot more for the WBC to be a part of that fight than vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          The WBC has always been in the business of facilitating big fights for their champions not preventing them, and Canelo vs GGG is still one of the biggest fights in boxing. That's why the WBC was prepared to give Wilder an exception to fight Fury again even though he had a long standing mandatory (Breazeale). They will do the same for Canelo. In Mauricio Suaiman's words he is their "franchise champion". The WBC does not want to be left out of such a monumental event like Canelo-GGG 3.
          If the WBC was going to take that stand, they would've done so when Golovkin asked for the third fight to begin with. They did not.

Franchise player or not, having the feds in your business isn't something that the WBC likely wants to chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            If the WBC was going to take that stand, they would've done so when Golovkin asked for the third fight to begin with. They did not.

Franchise player or not, having the feds in your business isn't something that the WBC likely wants to chance.
            wbc trying to force ggg into a fight is one thing(it failed by the way), but the wbc trying to force canelo into anything again? , good luck with that... if needed canelo will fight andrade first and then once undisputed he will dump the belts before a ggg fight, by doing that not only he will deny ggg a chance to all the titles but he will also avoid anobody dictating who is he going to fight next ... but none of this will be needed, canelo-ggg is happening in sept...

Comment

No one is arguing that Jermall Charlo is the best middleweight in boxing, or that (sans Ray Robinson and Marvelous Hagler) Jermall Charlo whoops every middleweight fighter to ever put on gloves, or that Jermall Charlo whoops every fighter 154-168, or the rest of the bull**** that folks like you were on here using while Golovkin chased his payday.

Jermall Charlo is a good fighter, who's still building his run, who rightly feels like he's the best but who's performance so far (particularly the Korobov fight) shows that there's still room to grow.

Context is a beautiful thing
              I agree about context, the thing is though - love him or hate him, GGG was the boogeyman at MW for a good 5+ year stretch. A lot of guys around that weight didn't want to face him at 160 as the reward and risk ratio were out of whack for them. GGG still was fighting more or less the best possible opponent every time out though. He racked up a lot of good KO wins in that stretch against good and really good fighters.

For Charlo, I don't mind a couple tune ups at a higher weight. But when your last 4 at MW are Heiland (one leg), Centeno (honestly awful) and Korobov (good fighter but everyone thought he was retired and had a weak chin) and now Adams. Vs GGG's last 4 are Canelo twice and Jacobs and then Vanes. No real comparison there and Charlo age wise should be in his prime vs GGG at the tail end of his.

I mean the only guys Charlo has ever faced that we know are good or OK fighters are Korobov and Trout and he went 12 hard rounds with them. GGG has like 15 of those guys on his resume and they are all KO wins.

I like Charlo but there is no real excuse to have those 4 guys as your first 4 at MW. Not if you claim to be the man. I don't mind a couple tune ups, and honestly if he wants a stay busy fight then Adams is maybe the best he can do here.

But seems clear that if he wants the big fights he has to go to DAZN. And he is 28, I think it needs to start happening soon. All the other top guys are at DAZN, he could have 5 more fights at MW and not have any of the top 4 MWs on his resume at that point. That's crazy.

Comment

How suddenly Adams GGG shameful bum fight became a simple tune up for Charlo.

He sure needed one after fighting the Al mighty korobov while GGG the dcker fought that slouch of ginger isn't it?

Haymonites are the worst species of fans.

Comment

lol you think the feds are going to investigate the WBC because Charlo isn't getting a title shot. You are a funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                    Maybe Adams has improved...his losses were 4 and 5 years ago. I am kind of glad he took this fight instead of GGG...getting a beat down from a former sparring partner, I mean I just didn't see the upside with the GGG fight. I think Charlo KOs him too but if Adams has improved maybe he has a chance of making it a close fight. And that could lead to other good options for him, maybe even a Canelo fight.

Not sure if on his best day he has enough talent to really dominate Charlo and win on the cards or KO him but probably a better fight for him than GGG. And unless GGG and Charlo fought each other there just isn't much out there for Charlo right now. Charlo's refusal to go to DAZN is imo even dumber than Wilder's decision. He is very possibly going to cost himself a lot of money if he doesn't head that way. Even if he goes there and can't compete with the top guys he would probably earn himself a Canelo fight and a big payday.

I guess GGG is fighting that Kamil guy if he fights in June? Just don't see who else it would be if there is a tune-up. Oh well the good news is that with a lot of those top guys signed with DAZN, DAZN will make sure they all fight each other, and often, to recoup their investment. I look forward to seeing those fights and hopefully GGG still has a few more good years left to put on a few more good performances.
                    GGG was supposed to fight n'dam who is coming off a win over Murray.

I liked this fight as a comeback, n dam is a former champ after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      GGG was supposed to fight n'dam who is coming off a win over Murray.

I liked this fight as a comeback, n dam is a former champ after all.
                      Nice, yeah I would like that fight too. That actually would probably be the best option for GGG as a tune-up if Canelo is next in September. N'dam should be durable and give GGG some rounds. And honestly not a bad fight for N'dam.

If GGG is still what he was or close to it he should roll through N'dam. But if he is slipping it is a good chance for N'dam to have a real breakthrough.

Comment

Working...
                      X