Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sources: Wilder rejects 100 million DAZN offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a sweet deal, and as soon as I heard about it I pictured Finkle having sleepless night trying to come up with a way to fuck it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      It could turn out that they'll throw an even better offer to him, but I see a high likelihood of this being one of the dumbest moves in last 10 years. Wilder has not looked impressive in his last 2 fights. His style doesn't age well - speed and quickness is the first thing to go. He got rocked by Ortiz, and against Fury, I thought he was close to gassing completely and getting stopped. It looked similar to how Lemieux looked vs. Saunders.

Long story short, I would not be surprised in the least if he loses in the next 2 fights even if he doesn't fight Fury or Joshua. Once he loses, his marketability is utterly shot.
      Yeah i thought fury could have got him out of there, roach was right that fury was too cautious.

Comment

• You are absolutely right; Which subsequently cost Tyson Fury the fight. He was just too afraid and cowardly to get down in the trenches with Deontay Wilder. He preferred to play it cautious and safe by running out the clock and putting his career into the hands of the three official judges which was a colossal mistake.

Comment

• A quote from Adam Abramowitz on FB

"Once upon a time Hasim Rahman passed up a rumored $100 million deal with HBO and instead went with Don King for the short money. He wound up getting iced by Lewis in his next fight. He lost a ton of money with his bad decision making. #Boxing."

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            You are absolutely right; Which subsequently cost Tyson Fury the fight. He was just too afraid and cowardly to get down in the trenches with Deontay Wilder. He preferred to play it cautious and safe by running out the clock and putting his career into the hands of the three official judges which was a colossal mistake.
            furys not a puncher and was never stopping wilder. wilder chose and paid the judges and they did what they were supposed to. the draw verdict says it all really. that fury should have won but that was a "this is the best we can do for you" type of decision. fury was never winning. just look at kovalev vs ward. even clear late rounds that should have went to kovalev went to ward simply because they had to. same logic is at play here. fury could have had him best round in the 12th. round to wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
              Yeah i thought fury could have got him out of there, roach was right that fury was too cautious.
              no way. ortiz had wilder hurt for the entire round and the ref never thought about stopping it. thats just not how it works in boxing. wilders the lead promoter and picks the offiicals. they are there to help him and unless he's clearly out and has no chance to win they wont stop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                And I'm on the other side feeling like Hearn and Co. don't want the fight. But there are already 100 threads arguing those sides, lets avoid that in here.

I didn't even think of that, but you could be right. Wilder has mentioned the date weeks ago, and Breazele is no secret, so they could just be announcing that the fight is on.
                Why the f would anyone think Hearn doesn't want it when even your hero Wilder has come out and said that Hearn is begging him for the fight??
                F^%$ing insane if anyone cant see that Wilder is ducking at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  PBC protects Black Champs with corrupt judges
                  Wbc Sulamain protects Latinos/Hispanics from dirty PED tests

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    furys not a puncher and was never stopping wilder. wilder chose and paid the judges and they did what they were supposed to. the draw verdict says it all really. that fury should have won but that was a "this is the best we can do for you" type of decision. fury was never winning. just look at kovalev vs ward. even clear late rounds that should have went to kovalev went to ward simply because they had to. same logic is at play here. fury could have had him best round in the 12th. round to wilder.
                    Fury chose the judges he’s just a boring fighter who has to cheat to compete. Without the PEDs the paper puncher wouldn’t be nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      furys not a puncher and was never stopping wilder. wilder chose and paid the judges and they did what they were supposed to. the draw verdict says it all really. that fury should have won but that was a "this is the best we can do for you" type of decision. fury was never winning. just look at kovalev vs ward. even clear late rounds that should have went to kovalev went to ward simply because they had to. same logic is at play here.
                      I hate to inform you daggum. However, it was Tyson Fury who picked both the venue and the judging for that bout.

Wilder wanted it at the Barclay's Center, while both of their teams wanted it in a venue in Las Vegas, where they could increase their earning potential at the gate.

However they acquiesced and gave into Fury's demand to convene the event in California because he wanted neutral judges from other countries. So in order to keep the fight intact they gave into his wishes and it backfired.

It caused him a blemish on his otherwise spotless record. All he had to do was to win one extra round and he would have became the WBC's new heavyweight champion.

However, either he didn't want it badly enough, tried hard enough or wasn't hungry enough and the judges could sense it. Therefore, they awarded the title to the man who wanted the most and that was Deontay Wilder.

The judge from Mexico, scored the fight 115-111 for Wilder, the Canadian judge scored it 114-112 for Fury while the British judge had it 113-113 even a Draw. I am sorry but Fury has no one to blame for that Draw but himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X