Sources: Wilder rejects 100 million DAZN offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-fame-100-2019

Wilder is higher than Joshua and Canelo on the most famous 100 athletes list according to this list.
    That's what one high-profile fight in the US can do for you. Fury at 39..

Comment

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
      OK. I can see you are really butthurt that Wilder has made all his fanboys and himself look like a massive chicken. So i should leave you to your bitter hatred.
      No what pisses me off is when English fans say that Fury won by a shutout or was robbed when nothing suggests to the contrary. Or could have been further from the truth.

The truth is that it was a very close fight which I had Tyson winning by the slimmest of margins. However, he didn't win it because he didn't try hard enough. The 114-112 or a 114 113 score sounds just about right to me.

However, the official judges scored it 7-5 Wilder, 8-4 Fury & 7-5 Fury. Which the latter score was given to him by the British judge.

All Fury had to do was to show just a little bit more sense of urgency by letting his hands go and throwing more punches. Then he would have easily won the WBC world heavyweight title by winning on the British judge's scorecard.

However, the frustrating part of it to me is that he didn't want it badly enough or try hard enough or was hungry enough in order to get down in the trenches to take Wilder's title away from him. In addition, the three judges sensed that also; Which is why they scored the fight the way they did.

You British guys seem to be in denial that Fury couldn't do just a little bit more in order to win that fight. All I am hearing is just excuses from you guys on why Tyson Fury didn't win the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
        Well think about it man. DAZN is willing to offer Wilder $100mm before AJ has even fought once in the US. That means $100mm is the baseline value for the unification fight(s). That's the floor. The ceiling is obviously much higher as AJ continues to build his name in the US and moves towards unification. Locking in a price now could mean Wilder leaves millions on the table in an eventual superfight. It would be sheer idiocy to agree to this deal now..
        But when Showtime have not even tried to talk and negotiate a superfight what other alternative is there?

Deyonce has never shown any intention of fighting Joshua.

Ultimately it comes down to this:

DAZN have offered to Wilder guaranteed purses and fights with Breazeale and Joshua.

Showtime have offered to Joshua nothing since that PR stunt $50m.

I just want to see the damn fight and Wilder appears to be doing nothing to make it happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          But when Showtime have not even tried to talk and negotiate a superfight what other alternative is there?

Deyonce has never shown any intention of fighting Joshua.

Ultimately it comes down to this:

DAZN have offered to Wilder guaranteed purses and fights with Breazeale and Joshua.

Showtime have offered to Joshua nothing since that PR stunt $50m.

I just want to see the damn fight and Wilder appears to be doing nothing to make it happen.
          This always happens with fights of this magnitude. No one wants to leave money on the table. Everyone wants their piece of the pie and maximize their value. That's why fights this size are always so hard to make.

DAZN isn't going anywhere. The offer will still be there a couple fights from now. Probably faaaar more..

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            No what pisses me off is when English fans say that Fury won by a shutout or was robbed when nothing suggests to the contrary. Or could have been further from the truth.

The truth is that it was a very close fight which I had Tyson winning by the slimmest of margins. However, he didn't win it because he didn't try hard enough. The 114-112 or a 114 113 score sounds just about right to me.

However, the official judges scored it 7-5 Wilder, 8-4 Fury & 7-5 Fury. Which the latter score was given to him by the British judge.

All Fury had to do was to show just a little bit more sense of urgency by letting his hands go and throwing more punches. Then he would have easily won the WBC world heavyweight title by winning on the British judge's scorecard.

However, the frustrating part of it to me is that he didn't want it badly enough or try hard enough or was hungry enough in order to get down in the trenches to take Wilder's title away from him. In addition, the three judges sensed that also; Which is why they scored the fight the way they did.

You British guys seem to be in denial that Fury couldn't do just a little bit more in order to win that fight. All I am hearing is just excuses from you guys on why Tyson Fury didn't win the fight.
            So you are saying that you believe he did enough to win the fight and you are saying you believe he didnt do enough to win the fight. Got you. So you are saying even though he did enough he had to do more to get the judges to give him the fight. Which means you are saying Wilder didnt do enough to win the fight but Wilder didnt need to do enough to win the fight because even though Fury did enough Fury didnt do enough.

Is that not what a robbery is?

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Why question someone's abilities when you don't have the balls do something about it ?

Don't you realize that exposes you as a punk?

Like I said Larry another punk ass on here may be to far right now but what's your excuse , your right next door ? Unless you are willing to test that hook , take a seat and ........
              you are welcome to come down to newark anytime puto

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
                This always happens with fights of this magnitude. No one wants to leave money on the table. Everyone wants their piece of the pie and maximize their value. That's why fights this size are always so hard to make.

DAZN isn't going anywhere. The offer will still be there a couple fights from now. Probably faaaar more..
                what if wilder or joshua loses before that. nothing is guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                  So you are saying that you believe he did enough to win the fight and you are saying you believe he didnt do enough to win the fight. Got you. So you are saying even though he did enough he had to do more to get the judges to give him the fight. Which means you are saying Wilder didnt do enough to win the fight but Wilder didnt need to do enough to win the fight because even though Fury did enough Fury didnt do enough.

Is that not what a robbery is?
                  All, I am saying is that I had Fury winning a very close fight by the slimmest of margins on my unofficial scorecard. However at the same, there were so many close rounds which I scored that possibly could have easily gone to Deontay Wilder.

I scored most of the close rounds to Fury on just on ring generalship alone. Not that they were dominant rounds but I thought Fury's ring generalship in making Wilder missing punches Wildly carried the round and day for him.

However, make no mistake about it; Wilder was yet still the aggressor and the busier of the two fighters. He just wasn't the effective aggressor in my judgement.

However, at the same time I believe that the judges got it right this time. I was only less than a point or two off from the official judges scorecard. Obviously with their trained eyes they saw things that I missed.

Lastly, make no mistake about it. Fury could have and should have done a lot more in order to win that fight more decisively. However, he was very reluctant in doing so because the fight was so close and was hanging in the balances.

Lets just hope that Fury has learned his lesson the next time he fights Deontay Wilder again.

Comment

Working...
                  X