Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: AJ is Best Heavyweight, Wilder is Worst Champ of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree Wilder is the worst champion I can think of ever

Comment

• Really?

I remember the heavyweight era not long ago with champions like Chris Byrd, John Ruiz and Sergei Lakhovich so please give me a break...

Comment

• Wilder is a joke as a world heavyweight champion, it's an insult to all the champions who have gone before and who really were champions.

Comment

• Forgot Someone

.... didn't AJ fight Prince Charles Martin who had a belt at the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
            Then back to my question. If he’s so garbage why didn’t AJ fight him when he signed with Hearn? Neither Whyte or AJ faced him. Yeah he went the distance with Hammer but he clearly beat him. He’s a better opponent then Takam, Parker and Big Baby. Deontay showed his quality against Ortiz and Fury even tho I think Fury edged it. It’s not pretty but it sure is effective and AJ won’t be heavily favored if they meet.
            Ortiz was in line to face Joshua as he was WBA mandatory. However, the IBF mandatory was called first which resulted in AJ fighting Pulev. As you know Pulev pulled out with 2 weeks remaking and Takam took his place. Ortiz was not prepared to sit down and wait even though he was promised the fight next. So he went the WBC route backing himself to win that title and fight Joshua for all the marbles. His mission failed and was stopped on his knees with snot all over his face

THE END

Comment

• I would be seriously worried if I was holding pads for Wilder.

His swing can hit anything.

Worse champ ever though? No. not at all. He has given us some good fights. he has heart, a chin and an incredible right hand.

He's just not that pretty to watch.

Comment

• Worst champ of all time is beyond hyperbole.

I love how everyone attacks Lewis for working at PBC, but Bellew can make an insane claim like this and his employer has nothing to do with anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Eddie has to throw a few dollars into Haymon's begging bowl every now and then to keep him afloat. He's a charitable soul, our Eddie.
                  Lololololol

Comment

• I believe that the platforms/networks/online streaming services should come together and make the fights that us boxing fans want to see. I just don't understand why Team Wilder feels so threatened by Deontay Wilder fighting on a fight by fight basis on DAZN.

All three of his managers are going to get a slice of the pie anyway because he is paying those guys. It's not like Wilder has a promoter or is an exclusive platform fighter because he's not. He's a free agent. He fights on Showtime on a fight by fight basis anyhow.

If I was Wilder I would assemble myself a team of attorneys to at least sit down and listen what Hearn and Joshua is offering him and if he likes it then he should take the $15Mil to fight an interim opponent; Hopefully it's against Dillian Whyte.

Then he can go straight to Anthony Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world for at least a two fight deal.

Comment

• *groans* Bellew is back again running his mouth. Please stay retired and away from the camera's completely

Comment

Working...
                      X