Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: AJ is Best Heavyweight, Wilder is Worst Champ of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    What???? Both Fury and Ortiz were beating Wilder on points quite handily. Ortiz then gassed out and Wilder capitalised on it. Fury had just come from obesity and a 3 year drink and drug binge but still managed to beat Wilder whilst at 50% of his best. So they did outbox him.

And would they need to knock Wilder out to prove he was technically s5it? Your chin and skills are two completely different areas.
    In my post, to which you responded, I gave my opinion that if Wilder was really terrible then two of the best boxers in the division, Ortiz and Fury should have boxed him up, dominated him, and KOed him. That didn't happen.

Also in my post, I said that Ortiz was outboxing him throughout, and that Fury was starting to. The first six rounds there was very little action in that fight. Fury landing 7 little punches to Wilder's five decent ones. That was basically how the first 6 went. I personally feel a lot of people were giving Fury credit for some of the posturing he was doing. And the punch stats certainly don't show a boxing clinic from Fury in the first six.

Yes I would say that if you are facing two world class guys, in your weight class, and you are technically terrible, then they should KO you and make it look easy.

I will also add, that with all due respect, you make a lot of excuses in your post for why Ortiz and Fury didn't do the job. Getting tired and not being in shape are not acceptable excuses for a pro athlete/boxer. I respect Fury and Ortiz but if they were better they would have showed it on fight night. They are great boxers but had trouble with Wilder and I have to give Wilder credit for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
      Brits are the worst champs of all time. All they do is win a belt, stay in the U.K fighting nothing but bums.
      Haha you American do they ever fight out of the state's fury kicked klitschkos arse in Germany wilders in Vegas Floyd didn't have one fight outside his own city nevrr mind across state corruption is America's middle name

Comment

• Wilder finally steps up and exposed back to back Joshua is the n1 has the belts hard to put wilder in top 1p without his bingo punch I think breazeale who josh wiped out as a novice might ko him

Comment

• Tony just dropped out of my top 10 most logical boxers of all time list

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            What about the Cinderella man or Buster Douglas? lol
            OMG! Buster Douglas,
            that’s exactly who Wilder reminds me of, he used to throw those big ole haymakers aswell and get all messy trying to finish opponents, although to be fair he also had a much tidier hook and straight right, so I could argue he was actually better than Wilder.

Comment

• Bellew openly ducked wilder

Comment

• Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
                Btw
                Who did Wilder beat?
                Oh yea 38 bums
                One 48yr old Ortiz
                Draw with Tyson Fury in first comeback fight after 2 yrs
                What a resume!!!
                Lololol
                Get your facts right, Tyson had 2 comeback fights, Wilder was his 3rd fight back. get a clue

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                  In my post, to which you responded, I gave my opinion that if Wilder was really terrible then two of the best boxers in the division, Ortiz and Fury should have boxed him up, dominated him, and KOed him. That didn't happen.

Also in my post, I said that Ortiz was outboxing him throughout, and that Fury was starting to. The first six rounds there was very little action in that fight. Fury landing 7 little punches to Wilder's five decent ones. That was basically how the first 6 went. I personally feel a lot of people were giving Fury credit for some of the posturing he was doing. And the punch stats certainly don't show a boxing clinic from Fury in the first six.

Yes I would say that if you are facing two world class guys, in your weight class, and you are technically terrible, then they should KO you and make it look easy.

I will also add, that with all due respect, you make a lot of excuses in your post for why Ortiz and Fury didn't do the job. Getting tired and not being in shape are not acceptable excuses for a pro athlete/boxer. I respect Fury and Ortiz but if they were better they would have showed it on fight night. They are great boxers but had trouble with Wilder and I have to give Wilder credit for that.
                  You don't need to KO anyone to prove they're technically bad. They are not mutually exclusive to each other. Knock them out and they're technically bad, but fail to do so and they aren't.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Sorry.

Saying Ortiz is as old as the ark isn't an excuse, it's fact. Saying he has high blood pressure and that he nearly failed the medical are also facts. I don't expect him to have good stamina considering.

You don't take into account all the things Fury had going on before he fought Wilder? Sorry, but that's not me making an excuse either. It's just cold hard facts. It seems you have a problem accepting though. We know why Fury wasn't at his best.

Fury is a boxer, not a KO artist. So him not getting Wilder out of there was to be expected. He isn't a puncher. All he had to do was outbox him whilst not being at his best and take it to points. This is exactly what he did. But the corruption in the US is so great, he became it's latest victim. Wilder was again shown up for what he is. A puncher with little to no skill. I think you need to accept that. It's the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                    Bellew openly ducked wilder
                    Yeah, because Bellew is a natural Heavyweight isn't he.

He realised Wilder was too big so decided to go back down to Cruiserweight and fight the champ. It's common sense. Not for you obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                      Get your facts right, Tyson had 2 comeback fights, Wilder was his 3rd fight back. get a clue
                      Now, now. You are the last person to be telling anyone to get their facts straight. You get it so wrong all the time it's a nasty habit of yours.

How's the padded cell tonight? Warm?

Comment

Working...
                      X