Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Decides To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though he was stopped twice by Froch, that perfectly timed big right hand that briefly put Carl in to la la land was one of the highlights of his career aside from schooling that loudmouth Eubanks lol! Enjoy retirement champ.

Comment

Originally posted by amuroray View Post
      Its not about me mate.

George lost nearly all of his big fights and got smashed to bits at wembley in front of 90,000.

smith gave him a fitting end to his career, getting laid out in a big fight.
      It is about you and your lack of respect. He beat Degale and Eubank and was beating Froch the first time when stopped controversialy. Its customary to celebrate a fighters achievements when they announce retirement from a sport which could easily cost them their lives.

Comment

I liked Groves but he’ll always be Frochs biiitch

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
          I liked Groves but he’ll always be Frochs biiitch
          Froch was naturally bigger than groves & in this division it actually truly matters,hes a warrior who lost to bigger men. Smith is a fcking giant beast that belongs at cw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
            It is about you and your lack of respect. He beat Degale and Eubank and was beating Froch the first time when stopped controversialy. Its customary to celebrate a fighters achievements when they announce retirement from a sport which could easily cost them their lives.
            Beating eubanks is a career highlight?

He had a much poorer career then i thought.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              Good luck with everything. You were fun to watch, I really wanted you to win against froch. I thought the ref should had let you keep going for Froch - Groves 1.
              Sorry but I have to say - what do you think would have happened if the ref let the Froch one fight go any longer? One thing - it would have ended like Froch 2. Groves always had poor stamina and a shaky chin, they were his two weaknesses that prevented him from achieving more than he did.
              I still respect him for a good career though and having good skills and excellent power.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Froch was naturally bigger than groves & in this division it actually truly matters,hes a warrior who lost to bigger men. Smith is a fcking giant beast that belongs at cw.
                No ****ing way is Froch bigger than Groves, sorry but that is absolute bull****. I respect Groves but you are making excuses for him there. If anything Groves is naturally bigger than Froch, he was a huge super middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post

He was beating Froch on the cards, but the tide had turned and the fight was only going one way. Groves's stamina and chin couldn't compare with Froch's. Groves started brilliantly but he couldn't knock Froch out, and as Froch got stronger, Groves was rapidly weakening.
                  If the ref let it go any longer he just would have ended up face down like in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                    Good. He should have retired after what Froch did to him. Iced cold with one left hook.
                    It was a right cross, not a left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                      Former world super-middleweight champion George Groves has announced his retirement from boxing. The 30-year-old has called time on his career four months after losing his belt to Callum Smith in September. Groves, who is also known for two high-profile fights with Carl Froch, became world champion at the fourth attempt when he beat Fedor Chudinov in Sheffield in 2017.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      He had a good career and made good money so he is retiring at the right time.

Comment

Working...
                      X