No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Decides To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
    Like I said, I respect Groves. Eubank being **** is the point I was making. I actually forgot to mention the Degale win, that was a far better win than Eubank. Eubank hasn't even won a proper title, Degale is an IBF champion.
    I agree with you as far as Eubank as a boxer. Just shows the level of hype connected to him that he was probably Groves most high profile win. It was still a good performance as he was one armed in the last round, and i think he was shot in that fight already. As it goes, i think Degale is shot too, but he still boxes Eubanks ears off. But nothing short of a knockout loss can derail Jnrs hype train for long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
      I agree with you as far as Eubank as a boxer. Just shows the level of hype connected to him that he was probably Groves most high profile win. It was still a good performance as he was one armed in the last round, and i think he was shot in that fight already. As it goes, i think Degale is shot too, but he still boxes Eubanks ears off. But nothing short of a knockout loss can derail Jnrs hype train for long.
      imho Jr is 3rd only to JCC Jr/ WMonroe jr in most disappointing hypejob jrs to never have met near the potential they were hyped as having or honoring their fathers legacy.

Eubanks Jr to me is 2 assets above "amateur" level,thats his engine/conditioning & chin. He is the definition of a spoiled brat who was too arrogant to even hire a trainer because it would mean accepting hes not already perfect & infallible in his supposed mastery of being the greatest of all time. His "fundamentals/technique" are among the worst ive ever witnessed in a title fight(Im not exaggerating either) what do you think?
      Last edited by kushking; 01-29-2019, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
        imho Jr is 3rd only to JCC Jr/ WMonroe jr in most disappointing hypejob jrs to never have met near the potential they were hyped as having or honoring their fathers legacy.

Eubanks Jr to me is 2 assets above "amateur" level,thats his engine/conditioning & chin. He is the definition of a spoiled brat who was too arrogant to even hire a trainer because it would mean accepting hes not already perfect & infallible in his supposed mastery of being the greatest of all time. His "fundamentals/technique" are among the worst ive ever witnessed in a title fight(Im not exaggerating either) what do you think?
        I cant disagree with you really. Hes terrible, like you say hes fit and has a good chin, but thats about it. He couldn't be much stiffer, and hes totally rigid mentally as well. He's gonna do the same thing with Degale,have no plan and spend the night looking like an amatuer, but he'll probably last the distance and if he does hes claiming victory here.I haven't liked him since he posted footage of him knocking out an amatuer novice in the gym. Rarely seen anything so classless. Lets hope theres no craziness on the scorecards coming up, i could totally see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
          I'm thinking if he loses for a third time to a fellow Brit, and him being 30 this year and nowhere near a world title, the wheels should start to really come off and the truth about his level can't be hidden anymore.
          That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
            Yeah that was some punch. That was maybe even better because Sergio maneuvered his feet nimbly just before he threw it. Slick and then deadly.
            Yeah it was more dramatic cause Williams I believe fell flat on his face

Comment

Respect to Groves on his career. Big fan of mfers retiring early like their late 20s to early 30s. This ain't the sport to stick around in too long. Plus since there is no quality control of the product of boxing you can easily fool yourself you are relevant til your late 30s to 40s regardless if you are or not at the elite level of the game.

Comment

Working...
              X