Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Decides To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the pleasure of seeing him live against Paul Smith when he was fresh off the DeGale win. Great atmosphere at Wembley Arena. I became a bit love–hate during the Froch rivalry (I was a Froch supporter), but when he stuck it out against Jack and finally got that world title, I was elated for him as everyone else was.

He'll always be one of my all-time favourite SMWs – loved his twitchy, speed-based, risky style with an unfortunately dodgy chin. I hope he enjoys retirement and family life. He's earned every bit of it.

Comment

Good luck with everything. You were fun to watch, I really wanted you to win against froch. I thought the ref should had let you keep going for Froch - Groves 1.

Comment

Simple decision really, he's got his health, he's been world champion , he has a young family and as I imagine he's financially secure so good luck george, enjoy your wife and your kids growing up and enjoy your money . As time goes by you'll be even prouder of your achievements and hopefully want to benefit society in some way with your experience and motivate them with your memories..

Comment

Happy retirement. I enjoyed following the career of 'the saint'

Comment

Always good to see a fighter walk away before we start calling for them to do so. He's healthy, comfortable, and has a life outside of the ring. Wishing him well.

Comment

I still think it’s a shame he was prematurely stoppped at Wembley. That was the best George groves we were ever likely to see who knows where his career would’ve went had he got the W.

Wish him luck in his retirement. He’s given us some great nights and gets to retire with his faculties in tact.

Comment

Originally posted by amuroray View Post
                Did the best he could with his talents and had a mega fight at wembley.

Still was a serial loser and lost nearly all of his big fights.
                Seems overly dismissive and disrespectful of a retiring World Champion fighter.

Comment

Enjoy retirement, champ.

Smart move to retire at an early-ish age and not take too many more punches.

Comment

Can’t fault someone for retiring early from such a rigorous and dangerous sport. I imagine he’s well off financially. His clean work over Eubank was a very impressive performance.

Comment

Good career, was in a lot of fun fights and he could flat out fight. Glad he finally broke through and got his hands on a title before he hung them up.

Comment

Working...
                      X