Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Groves Decides To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch taking shots at the man TO THIS DAY!!!!!!

Dude has two stoppage wins over him and is still bitter lol.

Let it go Carl, let it goooooo.....

Comment

Originally posted by amuroray View Post
      Beating eubanks is a career highlight?

He had a much poorer career then i thought.
      Well that just shows how little boxing youve ever done.Not everyone is Ray Robinson, and not everyone can be, but its harder than it looks to the average tv watcher who says "l reckon I could do that" after a few pints.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
        He was beating Froch on the cards, but the tide had turned and the fight was only going one way. Groves's stamina and chin couldn't compare with Froch's. Groves started brilliantly but he couldn't knock Froch out, and as Froch got stronger, Groves was rapidly weakening.
        If the ref let it go any longer he just would have ended up face down like in the rematch.
        Thats all hypothetical. The point is he was winning when he was stopped prematurely. Not easy to do against a good fighter, and better than anyone on here could achieve, especially the ones who think everyones a "bum"..

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
          Thats all hypothetical. The point is he was winning when he was stopped prematurely. Not easy to do against a good fighter, and better than anyone on here could achieve, especially the ones who think everyones a "bum"..
          Well I never said Groves was a bum, I respect him. Froch stopped him twice though, that isn't hypothetical, that's factual, so the first fight can't be claimed as some kind of moral victory, despite the scorecards.
          Froch was in the ascendancy, and look what he did to Taylor in the final seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
            Well that just shows how little boxing youve ever done.Not everyone is Ray Robinson, and not everyone can be, but its harder than it looks to the average tv watcher who says "l reckon I could do that" after a few pints.
            That's true, but the fact remains that beating Eubank Jr. shouldn't be a career highlight for any world class fighter.
            Eubank Jr. isn't world level. He's 30 this year and will most likely never even win a world title.
            Beating Chudinov is a more notable name on Groves's record.

Comment

Best wishes for the future

Comment

Good career with some big paydays. Warrior who didn't duck anybody, iirc. Would have liked to see him in a rematch with Degale. Enjoy your family time, George.

Comment

It was a right cross, not a left hook.
                  Right not left. It was Groves throwing the left hook as froch threw the right cross. Now I remember. Thanks to you.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                    Right not left. It was Groves throwing the left hook as froch threw the right cross. Now I remember. Thanks to you.
                    No worries man, had to correct you there - perfect right cross with all his weight behind it!

Comment

We disagree on this man - I've had this conversation several times before.
                      Groves started brilliantly, that's undeniable. But he couldn't stop Froch. Froch took loads of big rights and they bounced off him.
                      After that, Groves was spent. If the fight wasn't stopped then, Groves would not have made a miraculous recovery and come back to win. No way.
                      We saw Froch still going for the kill in the final seconds of the twelfth against Taylor. He was a machine.
                      That's what Groves would be up against if the fight wasn't stopped then.

I kinda think Chavez had loaded gloves.

It's no disagreement I am just playing Devils Advocate.

Comment

Working...
                      X