No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs to Make $15 Million vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Ok, I see that you clearly have zero idea what you're talking about. Good to know. Now I think I remember you. I think we've discussed how ignorant you are once or twice before. I see nothing has changed.
    I don't actually ever remember getting into with you.

But please enlighten me in how much you think GGG made in the rematch and breakdown the revenue.

Comment

Ok, I just verified that GGG made 22 million total from the Canelo rematch. But still......when did Jacobs become worth $15 mil? Was it beating bum a55 Arias? How about Sulecki? Su---who? I suppose he deserved credit for the Derevianchenko win but that was by the skin of his teeth and of course he lost to GGG before that. He's just not a 15 mil fighter.
      Last edited by Boxing Goat; 01-26-2019, 01:02 AM.

Comment

It costs a little extra to make a fighter weigh what you want him to.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...125-story.html

Get your money Danny!!!!!! If they are offering THAT to Jacobs, how much do you think they are offering GGG per fight, and then for the Canelo fight?

DAZN is putting their money where their mouth is that is for sure. Will be taking humongous losses early on but that's the risk they are willing to take to build their brand before they go bid for other sports leagues.
          For some reason, this sounds like a similar comparison to another entity....? Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            Ok, I just verified that GGG made 22 total million from the Canelo rematch. But still......when did Jacobs become worth $15 mil? Was it beating bum a55 Arias? How about Sulecki? Su---who? I suppose he deserved credit for the Derevianchenko win but that was by the skin of his teeth and of course he lost to GGG before that. He's just not a 15 mil fighter.
            Link on the 22M?

And like I said, it's not about what he deserves. Is he worth 15M? Of course not. But if you are paying Canelo THAT much money, you better have some legitimate opponents lined up for him. And don't forget, if Jacobs sign with say PBC, then DAZN likely also loses GGG. So then what do they have left for Canelo? You need fights like Jacobs and especially GGG to drive up subscribers for DAZN. If the subscribers don't increase to the level they expect/need, then good chance they also don't prioritize boxing going forward.

Comment

canelo changing lives...

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                It says up to 15 Mill if he wins or draws with Canelo.
                Right. Has nothing to do with ticket sales or streaming numbers

Comment

Damnnn Danny Jacobs is getting paid!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    https://www.latimes.com/sports/boxin...125-story.html

Get your money Danny!!!!!! If they are offering THAT to Jacobs, how much do you think they are offering GGG per fight, and then for the Canelo fight?

DAZN is putting their money where their mouth is that is for sure. Will be taking humongous losses early on but that's the risk they are willing to take to build their brand before they go bid for other sports leagues.
                    Can you read? It's BS. It's not the guaranteed money. It just says he can make as much as 15 millions which probably means he got a 25/75 Split.

As others pointed, this is only if he beats or draws Canelo? So more BS from you.

Comment

Great....he deserves after he arguably beat GGG and they ducked the rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X