Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Why Are So Many Boxing Fans Still Drawn To Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Whats funny is he does a LOT of charity work in Vegas but these fools never post that sht.
    What charity is he operating with or for in Vegas? I'm in Vegas & I've never heard or seen of any story or w/e of him out here doing charity stuff. And honestly I'd assume he'd be doing charity work in OH if he was doing it.

I do see & hear about Floyd stuff all the time, but one would assume Floyd is better at getting the word out to to be more cynical about "charity" work.

Comment

He is like Mayweather’s ******ed brother

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        What charity is he operating with or for in Vegas? I'm in Vegas & I've never heard or seen of any story or w/e of him out here doing charity stuff. And honestly I'd assume he'd be doing charity work in OH if he was doing it.

I do see & hear about Floyd stuff all the time, but one would assume Floyd is better at getting the word out to to be more cynical about "charity" work.
        Showtime had Broner do some charity stuff, I also believe broner was giving out sandwiches to the homeless at the same time insulting them for ****s and giggles. Broner is a sick and twisted dude, buut he will destroy this past prime Pacquiao its set in stone, no way pac can hurt him, broners chin is iron, pacs is china.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          I know I'm going to get some hate from people who can't stand Broner, but the fact of the matter is that is takes a lot of balls to play the villain role. It takes balls to stand in front of the media and say "This guy is a punk and I'm going to knock him out in the first round" because you're putting yourself out there to be humiliated, eat crow, have trolls laughing at you, etc.

But when a guy says it, it creates interest. The fans want to see if that guy can keep his word, or if the other guy can shut him up. Floyd Mayweather became the highest paid athlete in the world playing that game with the public. Broner copied Floyd's formula and is riding it to the wheels fall off.

It's far easier to say "Oh, you know, my opponent is a really good fighter and I have a lot of respect for him. I'm just going to go out there and do my best" and then claim some moral victory in defeat. With that, you get boring ass events like Pacquiao-Mosley.
          man you are naïve. you think broner and mayweather jr are playing a bad guy role? like its make believe lol no both are real assholes in real life. they are just being themselves. it doesn't take balls broner is just delusional he thinks he can beat everybody easily no matter how many times he's gotten his ass kicked before the guy is not all there mentally lol. it's not as calculated as you think.

Comment

probably because he doesn't change his tune after getting beat up so watching him get his ass kicked again is really satisfactory
            Last edited by Dean_Razorback; 01-18-2019, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
              I also believe broner was giving out sandwiches to the homeless at the same time insulting them for ****s and giggles.
              That would be some very Broner sh^t to do.

"Here you go bruh, eat this sandwich.....DAMMMMN mfer you poop your pants or whats going on with that hostile smell floating around you like your funkyness aura"

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
                man you are naïve. you think broner and mayweather jr are playing a bad guy role? like its make believe lol no both are real assholes in real life. they are just being themselves. it doesn't take balls broner is just delusional he thinks he can beat everybody easily no matter how many times he's gotten his ass kicked before the guy is not all there mentally lol. it's not as calculated as you think.
                All men have egos. If you really believe that boxers' public personas are not caricatures of certain aspects of their personalities, you are the naive one.

Floyd Mayweather was the SRR-esque nice guy in the early days of his career, but it didn't sell. He eventually came up with a different persona that made him a lot of money. Both are the 'real' Floyd.

Comment

hes got something about him, he can actually be pretty funny at times

Comment

It’s simple, the majority of the boxing public wants to see him lose.

Comment

Because he's loud, flashy and makes bombastic statements....basically a skilled self promoter similar to Wilder.

or

Because Broner is a PBC guy and the PBC hires internet trolls to keep the sheep in line with the PBC cult propaganda.

Comment

Working...
                      X