Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Why Are So Many Boxing Fans Still Drawn To Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake news....who decided that fans are drawn to him?

BS keeps writing about him that's why, it's an illusion of popularity, who really knows who he is ?
    Last edited by Banderivets; 01-18-2019, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      You know what I mean haha

(Though If Broner WAS playing an act all this time, it would actually explain why he suddenly and out of nowhere drops severe depression/suicidal tweets and then deletes them an hour later.)

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        People want to see him lose. He’s playing the classic bad guy role.
        Yep! It's nothing new! Ali, Mayweather, McGregor, Broner, Fury! Remember when B-Hop disrespected the Puerto Rican Flag before the Trinidad fight?

September 30, 2001:

Bernard Hopkins stopped Felix Trinidad with a short, devastating right hand halfway through the final round of their middleweight title unification fight at Madison Square Garden on Saturday night, making the most of the opportunity he has savored for most of his 13 years in boxing.

"I just needed the opportunity," the jubilant victor said. "Nobody can stand my power."

Hopkins said he knew he had Trinidad hurt in the fourth round, adding, "I took away his best weapon, the left hook, by smothering his shots."

The deposed, formerly unbeaten Puerto Rican champion acknowledged that Hopkins "is a great champion. He beat me tonight and I accept that." He said he wanted to fight again and would consider his options...

Hopkins, 36, was a definite underdog. His 14th title defense tied Carlos Monzon's middleweight record. Hopkins offered Trinidad both a rematch "to redeem yourself" and an apology "to the Puerto Rican people" for twice throwing down the Puerto Rican flag during prefight publicity tours.

He said he would go to Puerto Rico to apologize.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...403-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          You know what I mean haha

(Though If Broner WAS playing an act all this time, it would actually explain why he suddenly and out of nowhere drops severe depression/suicidal tweets and then deletes them an hour later.)
          imagine if it was some daniel day lewis type charachter role, he's actually a very humble, down to earth, highly intelligent man in real life!

forget assaulting old random women in the street for the role, he would deserve an oscar alone for deliberately confusing Martin Luther King and Rodney King in his last post fight interview

Comment

Because he's like a lot of them. Scummy backward clowns.

Comment

He's a spectacle. He's controversial. He does crazy sh^t.

He's made his life mission about getting attention thus you could even say he does the 3 things I mentioned with the knowledge that it'll give him the attention he seeks & the cycle keeps continuing.

He requires attention. He does things that get him attention. He gets attention. Thats sorta Broner's circle of life.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                People love exciting fighter and Broner is one of the top 10 welterweight, entertaining and exciting in the ring.
                Broner isn't a top 10 welterweight, dude hasn't won a fight in 2 years

Comment

Cant really say??? Dont know why im a huge fan??? I like he isnt a pc baby thats for sure.

Some of my favorite boxers are Kovalov AND Andre Ward. Heck when they fought I wanted a draw lol...

I respect the game but I also like Ganstas like Kovalov and Broner who dont give a fuk!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    He's a spectacle. He's controversial. He does crazy sh^t.

He's made his life mission about getting attention thus you could even say he does the 3 things I mentioned with the knowledge that it'll give him the attention he seeks & the cycle keeps continuing.

He requires attention. He does things that get him attention. He gets attention. Thats sorta Broner's circle of life.
                    And it pays the bills.

Whats funny is he does a LOT of charity work in Vegas but these fools never post that sht.

Comment

He has to back what he says up by putting up his best performance come fight night

Comment

Working...
                      X