Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Why Are So Many Boxing Fans Still Drawn To Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Broner is like Khan without the KO loses. When ever he steps up he looses. Plus even if he has a good win streak his personal like more than likely will interfere with his pro career. Either he is going to jail or some incident will distract him enough that it will affect his performance.
    I think thats a bit insulting to Khan.

what is Broners best win? getting a close decision agaisnt Ponce de Leon? alot of people thought he lost that.

Khan dropped and came close to stopping Maidana in 1 round, Broner got dropped twice and got humiliated.

Khan stopped Paulie. Broner got a gift SD agaisnt Paulie

Khan got robbed agaisnt a juiced up Lamont Peterson

Jessie Vargas and Adrian Granados got robbed agaisnt Broner.

I dont think they are comparable in any way. Khan was a legit champ, Broner was a hypejob who got gifted vacant belts and when it was time for him to prove he was legit....he was exposed and humiliated.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but I want to see him get knocked out. That's why I watch his fights. The man is scum in my opinion and he's wasted the talent he has. He's still had a decent career but if he had more dedication and stayed at 135 or possibly 140 he could be high up on the P4P list.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
        People love exciting fighter and Broner is one of the top 10 welterweight, entertaining and exciting in the ring.
        If watching a guy not throw any punches is what you consider "exciting" then Broner is your guy. If you like hearing someone b**ch non stop, he is your guy. Broner is trash, Vargas even beat him but had to settle for a draw lol. Yeah real elite fighter Broner is. Keep the laughs coming.

Comment

He isn't really...the dorks giggle when he on TV flipping the biRd. But in reality I know 5 ppl that have free tix to this weekends fights. Yikes. Not natural for a pac fight for sure. PBC tried to charge like it's 2 stars but in reality Broner fans are poor trash and pacs star is fading....

Comment

First and foremost he is able to promote himself with his antics and post-fight interviews. Similar to Mayorga. He's also never in a boring fight and even when he loses he is competitive, never been KO'd. Broner is one of those fighters who everyone is waiting to finally arrive. He has potential if he dedicates himself to the sport, but at 147 I can't see him being very relevant. He can clean up at 140 now that it is relatively safe.

Comment

In a nutshell people tune in to see AB because for the most part he's always entertaining. Mostly during the pre-fight build up but at times when he's in the ring he can be "must see TV." At the end of the day it's about being entertained. Throw in the fact that Al Haymon continually rewards him with paydays and Broner has no incentive to tone down his antics. His sense of entitlement off the charts.

The guy is a very talented fighter but if you ask me he was at his best at 135. If he had the discipline to remain in that weight class he could have remained dominant for years. At 140 and especially at 147 he just a good fighter not a great one.

Even at 40 years of age I expect Pacquiao to win this fight by a competitive but clear decision. When faced with incoming fire Broner goes into a defensive shell. He doesn't let his hands go enough to outpoint Pacquiao even at this late stage of Pac's career.

Comment

This is PRIZE fighting and he puts asses in seats, its all about making money and he does that well, so does khan....but many of you hate people being happy irregardless of your PERSONAL hate. Its a sport where you actually fight, but so many cry babies. Broner made it, stop hating, but this is america many of you were raised off of HATE.

Comment

I know I'm going to get some hate from people who can't stand Broner, but the fact of the matter is that is takes a lot of balls to play the villain role. It takes balls to stand in front of the media and say "This guy is a punk and I'm going to knock him out in the first round" because you're putting yourself out there to be humiliated, eat crow, have trolls laughing at you, etc.

But when a guy says it, it creates interest. The fans want to see if that guy can keep his word, or if the other guy can shut him up. Floyd Mayweather became the highest paid athlete in the world playing that game with the public. Broner copied Floyd's formula and is riding it to the wheels fall off.

It's far easier to say "Oh, you know, my opponent is a really good fighter and I have a lot of respect for him. I'm just going to go out there and do my best" and then claim some moral victory in defeat. With that, you get boring ass events like Pacquiao-Mosley.

Comment

He is entertaining and a character. Good for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                      This is PRIZE fighting and he puts asses in seats, its all about making money and he does that well, so does khan....but many of you hate people being happy irregardless of your PERSONAL hate. Its a sport where you actually fight, but so many cry babies. Broner made it, stop hating, but this is america many of you were raised off of HATE.
                      If you really believe that then why was the Granados fight NOT a sellout in his hometown?

Comment

Working...
                      X