Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk will WIPE out the heavyweight division (mark my words)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not going to happen

I don't see him having a style that will translate well up at heavyweight. He isn't that elusive, he gets hit quite a bit even against very basic fighters at CW he got tagged. If he has Holyfield level chin and toughness then he may do quite well but i don't bet my house on that

I just don't see it with him, winning the super series was good but i didn't see that tournament as being as full of quality as most others did, since then Bredis has been shown to be actually pretty overrated, getting schooled by a 5'7" featherfisted frenchman. And he was supposed to be this total beast which is where much of usyks reputation comes from.

I kind of hope he gets a Joshua or Wilder fight straight away because i want to see him get splattered and go back to cruiserweight rather than a couple of years of hype with him beating useless lumps like brezeale and chisora before getting swatted by one of the top heavyweights.

Usyk is the trendy pick right now but those seldom pan out.

Comment

He might have got tagged a few at Cruiser, but he'll be faster than his opponents at Heavy.

I think he's going to be too small for the super heavyweights, he'll be giving up 30-40 pounds and a load of height and reach.

I wouldn't count him out completely but wouldn't back him to beat one of the current top 2.

It'll be very watchable seeing him try, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        He might have got tagged a few at Cruiser, but he'll be faster than his opponents at Heavy.

I think he's going to be too small for the super heavyweights, he'll be giving up 30-40 pounds and a load of height and reach.

I wouldn't count him out completely but wouldn't back him to beat one of the current top 2.

It'll be very watchable seeing him try, though.
        how many talented super heavies are there? Fury, Joshua, Wilder... Dychko is still a few years away. Ditto Hrgovic. And Usyk should be able to exploit Wilder & Joshua pretty easily.

Comment

No. His game is based on keeping his enemies far so he can outbox them. But in the heavyweights their reaches are longer and they’re taller. I don’t think he’ll do well against the top 3.

Comment

Well, come on with it then. Don't y'all ever get tired of praising men for **** they have yet to do?

Comment

Lol Fury would clown him.

Comment

Originally posted by blue_dolphin View Post
                from a technical standpoint he is head n shoulders above EVERYBODY at HW. there is no heavyweight that can "outbox" him or outsmart him. he posseses the greatest boxing IQ in the division. whoever he fights will simply focus on using size and a lucky punch to win. from a SKILLS standpoint his toughest challenge will be Tyson Fury. but in 2-3 years time Usyk will be undisputed champ.
                Fury's win over Klitshcko urinates and defecates on the whole of Usyk's career - as does Wilder's win over Ortiz.

Come back when Usyk beats a live body at Cruiser or HW...

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  He'll be like Chris Byrd, Michael Spinks type..... beat 1 or 2 but ultimately get brutally stopped and that will be that.
                  Spinks and Byrd beat some legit HWs. I very much doubt Usyk will measure up to these two..

Comment

he was buckled at cruiser a few times, he wont be able to take punches from the top guys, if he does then he will do good

Comment

Lolx.... This is embarrassing. Someone who have not even debuted in the division is already touted to wipe out the division.

Lolx.... What crack are you on bro?

Comment

Working...
                      X