Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oleksandr Usyk will WIPE out the heavyweight division (mark my words)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    Well, come on with it then. Don't y'all ever get tired of praising men for **** they have yet to do?
    Smiles.... This is the first time am agreeing with you on this forum.
    Let's wait until he has some couple of fights in the HW division before dreaming of being an undisputed.

That seems to be to far for him a achieve from my opinion.

Comment

Idk he was getting touched up by Tony Bellew. But lets see.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        Smiles.... This is the first time am agreeing with you on this forum.
        Let's wait until he has some couple of fights in the HW division before dreaming of being an undisputed.

That seems to be to far for him a achieve from my opinion.
        To be fair bubba, I reckon this is our first interaction outside of Wilder/Joshua threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          To be fair bubba, I reckon this is our first interaction outside of Wilder/Joshua threads.
          Lolx...... you might be correct about that.
          In boxing, there are no permanent enemies nor friends.

Comment

History tells us that this is highly unlikely. Evander Holyfield, who is probably the greatest cruiser of all time (Usyk is probably 2nd right now imo)struggled with some of the bigger heavyweights. its just not that easy.

Comment

I can agree that he is the most skilled out of the elite bunch, but he lacks power in the heavyweight division, and his chin is still to be tested. However, if he can withstand a heavyweight punch he has a real chance of becoming a credible force.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                The same Bredis that got absoloutley exposed by Mikaelian?
                Well fair point, man. He looked horrible in that fight. I think he wasn't 100% fit or had a bad day or something. He's a much better fighter than that for sure. Let's see if he can come back to his former self, i mean the guy who fought Usyk.

For now though, it's hard to argue against Oleksander. He's such a class apart.

Comment

Fury, wilder, and Joshua would kill him and so would Ortiz..

Id like to see him with secondtier guys like Miller, Whyte and Parker to get a better idea.

Im just not blown away by usyk.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Fury, wilder, and Joshua would kill him and so would Ortiz..

Id like to see him with secondtier guys like Miller, Whyte and Parker to get a better idea.

Im just not blown away by usyk.
                    Yeah, I agree with this ^^^

Usyk seems that he is at his physical best at Cruiser but he isn't big enough to take on the majority of the tested HW's, especially the 'Big 3'. Considering his height and how bulky he looked against Bellew, that also may be his maximum without becoming a little fat and then, slower.

He's 31. He won't outlast Joshua to become undisputed. Joshua v Wilder or Joshua v Fury has to happen first and Usyk will not be able to step up, have a couple of fights to see how he goes at HW and then manoeuvre in for the Undisputed HW Crown.

BUT, lets see how he goes. I am keen to see if he can mix it with the big lads. There are a few people I reckon he could fight; Parker, Hughie, Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                      Not going to happen

I don't see him having a style that will translate well up at heavyweight. He isn't that elusive, he gets hit quite a bit even against very basic fighters at CW he got tagged. If he has Holyfield level chin and toughness then he may do quite well but i don't bet my house on that

I just don't see it with him, winning the super series was good but i didn't see that tournament as being as full of quality as most others did, since then Bredis has been shown to be actually pretty overrated, getting schooled by a 5'7" featherfisted frenchman. And he was supposed to be this total beast which is where much of usyks reputation comes from.

I kind of hope he gets a Joshua or Wilder fight straight away because i want to see him get splattered and go back to cruiserweight rather than a couple of years of hype with him beating useless lumps like brezeale and chisora before getting swatted by one of the top heavyweights.

Usyk is the trendy pick right now but those seldom pan out.
                      You summarised my feelings well, I always questioned the quality of the super 6, the Bellew fight confirmed my suspicions, that was a good reference point. Usyk won well and made good adjustments, so a lot of the flaws are getting glossed over by his fans, maybe over emphasised by his detractors but the flaws are there.

Usyk is geared towards boxing, his stance/posture, style, movement is about fighting at distance and controlling the distance, he will struggle to implement that against the big 3 and maybe a few others too but I wish him well

Comment

Working...
                      X