Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn "Are We Running Or Begging Deontay Wilder?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Showtime actually come out and say that the PPV numbers were 320k? Because I smell a Canelo-like cover story on the PPV numbers, like the Canelo vs Beefy Smith fight. After that fight there were "rumors" about how the fight did but never actual conformation. They are doing the same thing here. If I am wrong, I'd like to see an actual article and statement from Showtime about the numbers.

Comment

It’s both, Eddie. You’re begging in the media and running behind closed doors.

Comment

Like I've been saying, Wilder gonna talk himself into a bind and he's doing a fine job of it too, LMAO.

"My arm was broke",

"Fury was covered in baby oil",

"I won 10 rounds in that fight, won easy",

"I had 7 surgeries on my right arm heading into the fight",

"400 years of slavery kept me from winning",

"Joshua is running scared",

"Joshua and Hearn are begging me for the fight now more than ever",

"Joshua is old news now, it's all about Fury and me"

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Wilder told Joe Rogan's podcast: "They're definitely begging now. He's trying to reach out, all of a sudden, his management trying to reach out to mine."
          Woops......

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            u will back wilder no matter what the evidence says

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Wilder has unfinished business with Fury. Princess Joshua will have to wait on the sidelines until the real men at heavyweight settle their score.
              lmao real men

how h0m0erotic

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
                lmao real men

how h0m0erotic

If you automatically think of ****sexual activity when reading the word 'men', that's a problem that you have to fix within yourself.

'Now show me where the bad man touched you.'

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  Deontay had plenty of fights before he fought for a title.
                  I've never heard of any other fighter being accused of "ducking" a champion while that fighter was still a young contender moving up the ratings for the first time. You have to get into the top 15 to even be eligible for a title shot and you can't force the champion to fight you until you become the mandatory.

Not to mention the fact that Klitschko would have no reason to want to fight Wilder while he was an unknown prospect. When was this fight supposed to occur exactly? For what reason? On what network? You're not making any sense.

Comment

Oh!!! Bobby Barrett and Sid Knee, take the damn L already. Sheesh! You have both been told and the evidence shown... The Wilder Fury fight was a success and it had a material affect on the Joshua progress. It has been explained why Wilder is playing the hand he is playing... And why AJ is in a bit of a bind.

Heres the problem you two are having. You personalize this stuff. Eddie Hearn's would not piss on you to stop you from burning guys... And its not chess anymore! its checkers now because market forces are a force of nature and when they speak, they determine the path of events to follow. Simply stated:

People will pay a premium, yes what your favorite poster WBC guy says, not that I care, just saying...To see Wilder and Fury. And it does matter who AJ fights because AJ has to establish a market for his next move. But that is the beauty of market forces! It will force Little Tommy twinkle toes Hears to make his fighter fight the best. No checkers, no strategy needed. And if AJ wants to be a fool and keep a date, and fight someone who is not instrumental in this run off, so be it. He risks being dethroned if he fights a live dog, or, not doing well at the gate, or underwhelms, if he chooses a dead dog.

If I were AJ and Hearns I would also be on every street corner challenging Wilder to a hotel lobby scuffle! And I would go to the Travellin camps and call Fury out as well! Maybe AJ can put the diminutive of stature Hearn upon his broad shoulders, give him Alex Jone's bullhorn and have him insult both men until they want to punch his face is so much they agree to a match!

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      So a young rising contender, who has never won a world title before, works his way up to the #1 ranking in the most respected organization, waits for his mandatory title shot, and wins in a near shut out. And you complain that he was "ducking" a different champion, who fought on a different network, without having any idea whether that champion's organizations had any willingness to move Wilder up the rankings? You're being absolutely ridiculous.

Finkel said Wilder needed two quick defenses, and sure enough, he scheduled two quick defenses. When he said that, Klitschko had already signed to fight Jennings on HBO. So how can Wilder, a Showtime fighter, duck Wladimir, an HBO fighter, when Wladimir already signed to fight a different opponent before Wilder ever got his title shot? Doesn't make any sense.

Finkel handled both Wladimir and Wilder. Finkel was going to make the fight in 2016 once Wladimir's HBO contract had expired. It's not Wilder's fault Wladimir got upset by Fury.
                      a young 30yr old rising contender with 30+ fights. Didn’t finkel refer to him as a prospect still?

Comment

Working...
                      X