No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Scared of Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrowsNestWest View Post
    I mean, Fury told Hearn he can suck his family ***els, so yeah. Hearn wants Joshua v.s. Whyte because there will be pre-fight drama. Usyk ain't gonna be next. Hearn will continue to try to protect Joshua, but it won't last forever. AJ said, he'd fight Wilder even if he loses to Fury, so Hearn is the problem. Either way, AJ will only last until he...
    A. Fights Wilder (I can't see Joshua winning that fight without controversy)

B. Fights Big Baby Miller (I can't see anyone beating Miller except maybe Wilder with a the right shot.

I also think Dillian Whyte and Tyson Fury at this moment in time can beat Anthony Joshua, Fury easily.
    AJ is a lot better than you think. Of the guys you mentioned there, the only one I would make favourite to beat him would be in form Fury. Maybe Usyk too, but I want to see how he looks against a genuine HW before making any predictions about that match.

Comment

AJ...pfft...no one is even talking about that chicken-**** anymore. All eyes are on Fury and Wilder. Hearn can go fck himself with his ****ty cards...."sweet caroliiiiine....price isn't getting up from that, looks like bellew can't continue...". Always with the **** match ups.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        GGG wasn't at HW fighting guys like Whyte, Chisora, Povetkin, Parker on AJ's undercard! If he had been, it wouldn't have taken him 4 or 5 years to make a name for himself in the UK.
        I don't know that there is any proof that matters. Look at Klitschko. He was a smart boxing HW & he tried to make it in the US & didn't. He did make it in Germany, which also wasn't his country, but they got a different & smaller boxing landscape there. And honestly I'm not sure what other things could have impacted his importance to German boxing (& I imagine part of it is not having too many big name boxers in quite awhile to go watch fight so Wlad being there at all no matter his nationality didn't matter to them), but I do know US & the UK are different types of fans & are very pro-their own people vs "outsiders". The US does have an interesting dynamic with Mexican & PR fighters, but we have a nice mix of nationalities in the US so thats more sellable in the US.

It's going to be interesting seeing how many PPVs Usyk vs Bellew sold on Sky. I'm predicting it will be closer to 1million than 500k.
        I guess, but isn't Bellew just lifting his popularity largely off of Haye popularity. Thus are you suggesting Usyk is lifting his popularity off of Bellew's popularity who's lifting it off of Haye's popularity lmfao??? Idk if that trends down like that all the time.

I would suspect these numbers will be lower than Haye vs Bellew (890k for I & 770k for II), but if they are bigger I suspect Usyk won't inherit Bellew's drawing power. He's got a long road ahead of him to became a draw. Although I will say he's did a good backstory to becoming bigger in the years to come with winning the WBSS trophy & now beating a UK favorite.

Randomly has anyone beaten a UK favorite & got hate for that? I know Oscar claimed to receive a lot of hate for beating JCC, although it never hurt his marketability all that much. Then again Oscar was only an outsider to some Mexicans as a Chicano. Usyk would be an outsider to everyone in the UK while KOing Bellew. I can't imagine many in that crowd were rooting for Usyk.

Comment

Aj

AJ is a lot better than you think. Of the guys you mentioned there, the only one I would make favourite to beat him would be in form Fury. Maybe Usyk too, but I want to see how he looks against a genuine HW before making any predictions about that match.
          I just call what I see sir. I see a Champion who's pretty good but lacks the X factor that other guys have (Fury's movement, Wilder's right hand, Miller's size) He is the most well rounded, I'll say.

Comment

He looks like he's just sitting in a chair laughing to me. He did scratch his nose a couple of seconds after Fury's name was mentioned doe. Is that it?
            Here, let me spell it out for you:
            AJ Calm as a coma up until Fury being declined on his 50/50 callout.

1:00 on the interview is when Joshua shows shame, as I said. after him punking out on 50/50 is brought up.

Here is the interview.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOoPW5-oeLg

1:16 after the fake laugh which was produced because Hearn brought up Fury sending another text, this time a photo of him giving AJ the bird, ...at this time AJ starts massaging the chair with his right thumb, this is fear manifesting.

1:40 AJ deeply inhales, signifying either acceptance or denial of the situation. (Hearn bringing up Fury working his way to AJ, bs'ing around trying to justify the duckage)

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I don't know that there is any proof that matters. Look at Klitschko. He was a smart boxing HW & he tried to make it in the US & didn't. He did make it in Germany, which also wasn't his country, but they got a different & smaller boxing landscape there. And honestly I'm not sure what other things could have impacted his importance to German boxing (& I imagine part of it is not having too many big name boxers in quite awhile to go watch fight so Wlad being there at all no matter his nationality didn't matter to them), but I do know US & the UK are different types of fans & are very pro-their own people vs "outsiders". The US does have an interesting dynamic with Mexican & PR fighters, but we have a nice mix of nationalities in the US so thats more sellable in the US.

I guess, but isn't Bellew just lifting his popularity largely off of Haye popularity. Thus are you suggesting Usyk is lifting his popularity off of Bellew's popularity who's lifting it off of Haye's popularity lmfao??? Idk if that trends down like that all the time.

I would suspect these numbers will be lower than Haye vs Bellew (890k for I & 770k for II), but if they are bigger I suspect Usyk won't inherit Bellew's drawing power. He's got a long road ahead of him to became a draw. Although I will say he's did a good backstory to becoming bigger in the years to come with winning the WBSS trophy & now beating a UK favorite.

Randomly has anyone beaten a UK favorite & got hate for that? I know Oscar claimed to receive a lot of hate for beating JCC, although it never hurt his marketability all that much. Then again Oscar was only an outsider to some Mexicans as a Chicano. Usyk would be an outsider to everyone in the UK while KOing Bellew. I can't imagine many in that crowd were rooting for Usyk.
              The only guy who got a bad backlash for beating a UK fan favourite was Hagler with Alan Minter. But that was 40 years ago and the hate was just from Minter fans in the stadium on the night. Hagler is still a very well known and highly respected name in the UK.

UK fight fans don't hold grudges like that. Even Andre Ward, who not only beat Froch but turned down a highly publicised offer to rematch him in the UK, is not hated here.

One thing that has to said about Bellew is that he himself was never a real fan favourite, even in his home city of Liverpool, which is why he needed a big name like Haye to do big numbers. He was well known, but definitely not well loved, lol.

And very few UK fans gave him much of a chance against Usyk. The crowd was pro Bellew on the night, of course. But did you notice .. there was nothing like the same level of booing and jeering from them towards Usyk during his entrance and intro that GGG got against Brook. And Tony was a lot closer to home in Manchester than Brook was in London.

From my own personal experience with my friends and workmates, most of the buzz for the fight was about Usyk, rather than partisan hopes that Bellew might upset him. Very few people gave Tony a chance, tbh.

That's why I'm interested in seeing how well it did with the PPVs.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                AJ...pfft...no one is even talking about that chicken-**** anymore. All eyes are on Fury and Wilder. Hearn can go fck himself with his ****ty cards...."sweet caroliiiiine....price isn't getting up from that, looks like bellew can't continue...". Always with the **** match ups.
                But AJ is a massive, massive star .. and whoever he fights, it's going to be a massive, massive event, and the fans are going to have a great night and everybody's gonna love it ..

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                  Here, let me spell it out for you:
                  AJ Calm as a coma up until Fury being declined on his 50/50 callout.

1:00 on the interview is when Joshua shows shame, as I said. after him punking out on 50/50 is brought up.

Here is the interview.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOoPW5-oeLg

1:16 after the fake laugh which was produced because Hearn brought up Fury sending another text, this time a photo of him giving AJ the bird, ...at this time AJ starts massaging the chair with his right thumb, this is fear manifesting.

1:40 AJ deeply inhales, signifying either acceptance or denial of the situation. (Hearn bringing up Fury working his way to AJ, bs'ing around trying to justify the duckage)
                  Mmmm .. ok. He just looks like he's sitting in a chair laughing to me though.

Comment

had a feeling you might say that.

Comment

The only guy who got a bad backlash for beating a UK fan favourite was Hagler with Alan Minter. But that was 40 years ago and the hate was just from Minter fans in the stadium on the night. Hagler is still a very well known and highly respected name in the UK.

UK fight fans don't hold grudges like that. Even Andre Ward, who not only beat Froch but turned down a highly publicised offer to rematch him in the UK, is not hated here.
                      Fair enough. I'm not sure thats even much of a thing anywhere, but I know Oscar has mentioned it. It didn't really hurt him that much that I noticed doe.

One thing that has to said about Bellew is that he himself was never a real fan favourite, even in his home city of Liverpool, which is why he needed a big name like Haye to do big numbers. He was well known, but definitely not well loved, lol.

And very few UK fans gave him much of a chance against Usyk. The crowd was pro Bellew on the night, of course. But did you notice .. there was nothing like the same level of booing and jeering from them towards Usyk during his entrance and intro that GGG got against Brook. And Tony was a lot closer to home in Manchester than Brook was in London.

From my own personal experience with my friends and workmates, most of the buzz for the fight was about Usyk, rather than partisan hopes that Bellew might upset him. Very few people gave Tony a chance, tbh.

That's why I'm interested in seeing how well it did with the PPVs.
                      Yea but everyone there was hoping doe I'm assuming cuz they were going nuts every time Bellew missed a punch let alone landed a punch. And that hope is what gets you there on fight night more than seeing some foreign guy I bet. So the PPV buys, whatever they may be, is all Bellew not Usyk. Or at best mostly Bellew driven. You'd have a better gauge then me with the UK public & their feelings about a fight, but I think Bellew's best PPV number will still be the first Haye fight when these numbers come in. We shall see doe.

And following the path of wanting Usyk to became a name they need to line up British opposition for him I know that much. Whyte needs to be on Usyk's to do list w/e happens with Del Boy &/or Joshua. I believe one of the main reasons Pacquiao got as popular as he got in the US is cuz he had some high level rivalry's with Mexican fighters. Usyk needs something like that. If they got Usyk fighting too many Povetkin's, Takam's or Joe Parker's he's not gonna have a chance in hell of becoming a name & a big draw in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X