No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Scared of Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I heard the remark you are talking about. I also know sh^t can change on a dime in boxng.

I don't know how Usyk ISN'T on the shortlist if Whyte & Wilder both lose doe like I said.

Hearn is becoming more like Arum with his stances. He's lying yesterday & telling the truth today. He's dogging someone today & he's showing them respect the next. Hearn isn't THAT straight forward a mfer. He's more boxer-like then most promoters with saying sh^t to get attention & saying a lot of sh^t in general. Gotta fill up the time somehow.

So I know Hearn said what you are saying, but I also could see Hearn saying what OP is saying cuz the Joshua opponent list will have gotten butt f#cked with Wilder & Whyte losing if that were to happen.

Again I'm not saying Usyk IS next. I'm saying I can EASILY see him on the short list, but I see Big Baby being the #1 guy & I think he's no worst than #2 for April if things shake out badly for Joshua's future B side opponents.
    Usyk is saying he won't even make the decision on when he moves up to HW till next year, after he's had a break with his family.

Hearn says the fight won't happen till Usyk tells him he wants it. He says the arrangement he has with Usyk's team is that they pick the opponent, and Eddie delivers him .. or tries to. He reeled off a list of possible opponents for Usyk's first fight at HW, and AJ wasn't one of them. Povetkin was, and he's my pick for who it's going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Usyk is saying he won't even make the decision on when he moves up to HW till next year, after he's had a break with his family.
      And I bet if Fury & Whyte lose before the end of the year he still could be on the table &/or offered something.

Hearn says the fight won't happen till Usyk tells him he wants it. He says the arrangement he has with Usyk's team is that they pick the opponent, and Eddie delivers him .. or tries to. He reeled off a list of possible opponents for Usyk's first fight at HW, and AJ wasn't one of them. Povetkin was, and he's my pick for who it's going to be.
      Yea sure, but if Joshua needs an opponent for April & Usyk is one of the top 3 or 4 guys to fight I'm sure Hearn is gonna throw that fact out there to Usyk's team.

I mean lets not forget this is the guy who got Brook the GGG fight. Hearn is a guy who understands opportunity & he'll pass opportunity to the fighters he works with. And its just a fact Joshua could be an opportunity for Usyk in April if things work out like I'm saying they could cuz I don't believe Wilder or Whyte are locks to win their next fights.

Comment

And I bet if Fury & Whyte lose before the end of the year he still could be on the table &/or offered something.

Yea sure, but if Joshua needs an opponent for April & Usyk is one of the top 3 or 4 guys to fight I'm sure Hearn is gonna throw that fact out there to Usyk's team.

I mean lets not forget this is the guy who got Brook the GGG fight. Hearn is a guy who understands opportunity & he'll pass opportunity to the fighters he works with. And its just a fact Joshua could be an opportunity for Usyk in April if things work out like I'm saying they could cuz I don't believe Wilder or Whyte are locks to win their next fights.
        I'm pretty sure that if Chisora beats Whyte it will be Del Boy vs AJ in April, with Usyk on the undercard .. maybe against Povetkin or Whyte.

AJ vs Usyk will be a bigger fight over here once the UK fans get to know Usyk better. Probably the same in the States too.

If Fury vs Wilder is a good, competitive fight there will be probably be a rematch whoever wins, and definitely if the winner is Fury, so I'm ruling Wilder out for AJ in April.

The only way I see Fury being possible for AJ in April is if he crushes Wilder decisively.

Comment

Nobody is beating Fury Verbally that is why, he made Eddie look like a Idiot Running his mouth about him then Tyson pulled out Receipts of Eddie Sucking up to him and trying to sign him not long ago and Eddie been quiet about him ever since.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that if Chisora beats Whyte it will be Del Boy vs AJ in April, with Usyk on the undercard .. maybe against Povetkin or Whyte.
            Thats a sh^t fight & I hope you're wrong. If you thought Del Boy shoulda gotten the decision in the first fight or not or if Del Boy wins the rematch or not, the reality is he just lost to a prospect not THAT long ago & doesn't deserve a title shot if he wins this fight. Whyte just doesn't deserve a title shot either if he loses I'd argue. This should be a crabs in a bucket situation if Del Boy wins.

AJ vs Usyk will be a bigger fight over here once the UK fans get to know Usyk better. Probably the same in the States too.
            I don't agree with Hearn this is THAT big of a fight I should say first off. I mean don't get me wrong any Joshua fight is a big fight, but this isn't a big fight & with Usyk being a Ukrainian dude in the UK I don't expect him to ever get THAT popular with fans. Its the same deal in the UK as in the US with this sh^t. Foreign fighters rarely become popular in another country. It happens & I feel like its not crazy to say it could happen to Usyk, but its not a guarantee & I'd bet against it all day cuz the odds are THAT against it happening.

If Fury vs Wilder is a good, competitive fight there will be probably be a rematch whoever wins, and definitely if the winner is Fury, so I'm ruling Wilder out for AJ in April.
            I've been saying forever Whyte is a lock for April if he wins in December. I think the Joshua vs Wilder sh^t is too much bs these days for these sides to agree to anything anytime soon or by April. This fight is probably getting pushed back til 2020 like Barry Hearn has said was the goal awhile back. Let Wilder get a lil older so its a slightly less risky fight is the smart move.

The only way I see Fury being possible for AJ in April is if he crushes Wilder decisively.
            I think Fury is out for sure for April. I think that could end up being a big fight & will be the biggest fight for Joshua if Wilder is beaten. So the standard promoter move is to marinate the fight & with Fury I think they got a dude is far less likely to lose than Wilder is. So it'd be less risky to marinate that fight another year or two out. That fight is DEFINITELY not happening in April if Fury were to win. Joshua vs Fury is the super fight if that happens. You build up the super fight more.

Comment

Thats a sh^t fight & I hope you're wrong. If you thought Del Boy shoulda gotten the decision in the first fight or not or if Del Boy wins the rematch or not, the reality is he just lost to a prospect not THAT long ago & doesn't deserve a title shot if he wins this fight. Whyte just doesn't deserve a title shot either if he loses I'd argue. This should be a crabs in a bucket situation if Del Boy wins.
              Lets see how Chisora looks now he's got a new training team. If he beats Whyte that will prove he's improved a lot, because Whyte has definitely improved since he beat Del Boy.

I don't agree with Hearn this is THAT big of a fight I should say first off. I mean don't get me wrong any Joshua fight is a big fight, but this isn't a big fight & with Usyk being a Ukrainian dude in the UK I don't expect him to ever get THAT popular with fans. Its the same deal in the UK as in the US with this sh^t. Foreign fighters rarely become popular in another country. It happens & I feel like its not crazy to say it could happen to Usyk, but its not a guarantee & I'd bet against it all day cuz the odds are THAT against it happening.
              GGG is very popular in the UK. Brook sold out the 02 in 10 mins against GGG and did over 3 times as many PPVs as in his only other PPV fight. Brook vs Spence wasn't anything like as big over here as Brook vs GGG.

There's no reason why Usyk can't be just as big in the UK as GGG, or even bigger, considering he's going to be fighting at HW. His WBSS fights got a lot of attention over here, and the Bellew fight even more. He's a charismatic, funny guy, with the kind of zany sense of humour that Brits appreciate. And a great fighter too, of course.

I've been saying forever Whyte is a lock for April if he wins in December. I think the Joshua vs Wilder sh^t is too much bs these days for these sides to agree to anything anytime soon or by April. This fight is probably getting pushed back til 2020 like Barry Hearn has said was the goal awhile back. Let Wilder get a lil older so its a slightly less risky fight is the smart move.

I think Fury is out for sure for April. I think that could end up being a big fight & will be the biggest fight for Joshua if Wilder is beaten. So the standard promoter move is to marinate the fight & with Fury I think they got a dude is far less likely to lose than Wilder is. So it'd be less risky to marinate that fight another year or two out. That fight is DEFINITELY not happening in April if Fury were to win. Joshua vs Fury is the super fight if that happens. You build up the super fight more.
              If Wilder beats Fury I don't think he will be interested in fighting AJ. I think he and his team will be more than happy to milk the WBC and lineal titles on Fox or Showtime for the rest of Wilder's career.

Frank Warren being on the verge of bankruptcy makes Fury vs Wilder a much more realistic possibility, imo, if Fury comes out on top.

Comment

Lets see how Chisora looks now he's got a new training team. If he beats Whyte that will prove he's improved a lot, because Whyte has definitely improved since he beat Del Boy.
                I still say he needs to prove more with this new team. If Del Boy gets a title shot Hearn, Joshua & Matchroom should be criticized when there are higher ranked guys out there.

There's no reason why Usyk can't be just as big in the UK as GGG, or even bigger, considering he's going to be fighting at HW.
                It took GGG years & the better part of his prime to get where he got. Usyk could reach that point if he put in that much time. I'm not sure he gots that much time doe. He certainly doesn't got that much time for making himself vs Joshua a big fight unless that fight is happening 4 or 5 years from now.

If Wilder beats Fury I don't think he will be interested in fighting AJ. I think he and his team will be more than happy to milk the WBC and lineal titles on Fox or Showtime for the rest of Wilder's career.
                I think Wilder wants to fight AJ. I think AJ wants to fight Wilder. I just think there is too much bs between these two teams right now. And I think its extremely unlikely the bs gets pushed to the side for April to happen. Hell I think its getting pushed to the side til 2020. I think we could see Wilder vs Joyce in the UK & Joshua vs Big Baby in the US before we see Wilder vs Joshua any f#cking where.

Comment

Don't know where you get all these ****** posters.
                  Hearn is not Finkel who says things like, "My baby Deontay will not be rushed to fight Klitschko."
                  Hearn pursued Wlad like a mad dog.
                  Hearn and AJ were offering Fury the fight,
                  and Fury said fight will happen "on my own time."
                  Fury thought Wilder is the easier fight.

Comment

Fury, Hearn

Originally posted by EMOBCBG View Post
                    I have seen articles where Eddie Hearn, Joshua Ducka's promotor saying if Wilder loses, then Usyk or Whyte next. So why cant Hearn say Fury Tyson next???? I see a duck swimming under the water.
                    I mean, Fury told Hearn he can suck his family ***els, so yeah. Hearn wants Joshua v.s. Whyte because there will be pre-fight drama. Usyk ain't gonna be next. Hearn will continue to try to protect Joshua, but it won't last forever. AJ said, he'd fight Wilder even if he loses to Fury, so Hearn is the problem. Either way, AJ will only last until he...
                    A. Fights Wilder (I can't see Joshua winning that fight without controversy)

B. Fights Big Baby Miller (I can't see anyone beating Miller except maybe Wilder with a the right shot.

I also think Dillian Whyte and Tyson Fury at this moment in time can beat Anthony Joshua, Fury easily.

Comment

It took GGG years & the better part of his prime to get where he got. Usyk could reach that point if he put in that much time. I'm not sure he gots that much time doe. He certainly doesn't got that much time for making himself vs Joshua a big fight unless that fight is happening 4 or 5 years from now.
                      GGG wasn't at HW fighting guys like Whyte, Chisora, Povetkin, Parker on AJ's undercard! If he had been, it wouldn't have taken him 4 or 5 years to make a name for himself in the UK.

It's going to be interesting seeing how many PPVs Usyk vs Bellew sold on Sky. I'm predicting it will be closer to 1million than 500k.

Comment

Working...
                      X