No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Scared of Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fury already said he wouldn't fight Joshua out of principal or some ****?

Regardless, Fury and Warren will be unmanageable if Fury wins, no doubt demanding 60-40 in their favour and the show to be a Frank Warren "royal rumble in the crowd" special.

I think if Wilder wins cooler heads may prevail in the end and that fight gets signed.

If Fury wins i don't see that fight ever getting made, just can't see it.
    The hatred Frank Warren has for Eddie Hearn would have been an obstacle to a possible Fury/AJ fight.

But Warren is on the verge of bankruptcy. He spent a fortune in legal fees suing Ricky Burns and his manager and didn't get a penny out of it, because they both filed for bankruptcy after losing their cases.

Two sayings spring to mind: "Beggers can't be choosers" and "what goes around comes around"

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I've been saying Usyk has a chance to be next if things turn right for him. I think Whyte would have to lose to doe.

And its probably smart to fight Usyk now vs when he's had some time to adapt as a HW. Its marination time with Usyk if Whyte is the April fight, but if not then Usyk is getting a callup quick.

But yea obviously Hearn wants nothing to do with Fury. Fury is a cat who can beat Joshua & make Joshua look like the B side during his the promotion. I'm sure Fury gots all sorts of new & unused insults for Joshua AND Hearn lol. And if he gets by Wilder then thats the Fury you definitely don't wanna fight. They'll have to bend sooner or later & fight Fury doe. There are a lot of UK boxing fanboys right now, but there are more reasonable UK boxing fans who just wanna see the best fight the best regardless of all the bs & for the two UK guys who are top two in the world is gonna be some sh^t they'll wanna see. Idk about April cuz I think Whyte is all but booked for that, but I suspect Fury vs Joshua would happen within 12-18 months depending on the mando bs.
      Hearn has said that AJ/Usyk won't happen till Usyk's team want it, and they have said they want at least one fight at HW first. So clearly, AJ vs Usyk is not going to happen next April.

Comment

AJ has Whyte, Usyk and Miller which are big fights. Pulev; that better be a good undercard. Wilder in April if he beats Fury. And whether Fury wins or looses against Wilder, AJ v Fury is a mega fight in the UK. That's 3 years worth. And I presume Oquendo will get a shot from the WBA at some stage (hopefully before he gets his bus pass).

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          Did you read my response to Earl? I am feeling very similarly.

When Joshua called out Fury why didn't he layout a plan for Fury and Wilder? Why do we act like Whyte, Miller, Pulev or anyone else is good enough?

Yes, exactly, you have Fury fans presently expressing concern with Joshua having interest in Wilder and not Fury.

The question is what is so ****ing difficult about being interested in them both? Why is it when asked about Wilder presently Joshua's alternatives to Wilder do not list Fury? Why is Whyte even a consideration if Fury is not?

Everything you said has nothing to do with the names Joshua or his team bring up when asked about the names we want to see. Nothing I said actually disparages what Joshua has done it disparages how Joshua shows interest.

Y'all can try again.
          I’ll say this again

Hearn has said time and time again the reason Hearn hasn’t mentioned fury as a possible opponent is because of the rematch clause. But you obviously know more than everyone and apparently there’s a two way rematch clause so let’s see how right you are after fury gets knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
            I’ll say this again

Hearn has said time and time again the reason Hearn hasn’t mentioned fury as a possible opponent is because of the rematch clause. But you obviously know more than everyone and apparently there’s a two way rematch clause so let’s see how right you are after fury gets knocked out
            One does not negate the other.

There is an entire career outside of april. What is so difficult about laying out a plan to clear the division?

Comment

Originally posted by EMOBCBG View Post
              I have seen articles where Eddie Hearn, Joshua Ducka's promotor saying if Wilder loses, then Usyk or Whyte next. So why cant Hearn say Fury Tyson next???? I see a duck swimming under the water.
              the interview below is where they discuss Fury's phone call. When Hearns brings up how they declined 50/50 split, take a look at AJ body language. He pretty much gives emotions in this order: shame, fear, acceptance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOoPW5-oeLg
              Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 11-15-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Hearn has said that AJ/Usyk won't happen till Usyk's team want it, and they have said they want at least one fight at HW first. So clearly, AJ vs Usyk is not going to happen next April.
                Take that up with the OP.

I'm just commenting on what he's saying Hearn is saying, which I don't believe is unreasonable if sh^t shakes out badly for Joshua's potential opponents (Wilder loses f#cking up Joshua's biggest fight, Whyte loses & f#cks up April). Then to me Usyk is on the shortlist. And personally if I'm Hearn I'd rather fight him next vs a year or two from now when maybe he's grown into a natural HW & has had more time to adapt into the new division. I can't watch every Hearn video out there to keep track of every single thing he says.

If OP wants to post the video or interview quote he heard this Hearn remark from that would be cool. And if it doesn't exist & OP is a liar than disregard my comments about said non-existent video or article.

But either way if I'm Hearn & Wilder & Whyte loses I believe Usyk is on the short list of 3 or 4 opponents for April & could very well end up being the guy. Personally I think Big Baby goes to the front of the line if that happens (assuming he gets this title bout which I'm hearing wishwashing things about recently), but again Usyk is on the short list.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Take that up with the OP.

I'm just commenting on what he's saying Hearn is saying, which I don't believe is unreasonable if sh^t shakes out badly for Joshua's potential opponents (Wilder loses f#cking up Joshua's biggest fight, Whyte loses & f#cks up April). Then to me Usyk is on the shortlist. And personally if I'm Hearn I'd rather fight him next vs a year or two from now when maybe he's grown into a natural HW & has had more time to adapt into the new division. I can't watch every Hearn video out there to keep track of every single thing he says.

If OP wants to post the video or interview quote he heard this Hearn remark from that would be cool. And if it doesn't exist & OP is a liar than disregard my comments about said non-existent video or article.

But either way if I'm Hearn & Wilder & Whyte loses I believe Usyk is on the short list of 3 or 4 opponents for April & could very well end up being the guy. Personally I think Big Baby goes to the front of the line if that happens (assuming he gets this title bout which I'm hearing wishwashing things about recently), but again Usyk is on the short list.
                  I've seen the latest statements from both Hearn and Usyk's team on Usyk vs AJ. But if you just want to talk about what the OP is saying Hearn is saying, I won't bother posting links to them. I'll just contribute this .. if Hearn ever did say what the OP says he said .. he's saying something different now.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                    the interview below is where they discuss Fury's phone call. When Hearns brings up how they declined 50/50 split, take a look at AJ body language. He pretty much gives emotions in this order: shame, fear, acceptance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOoPW5-oeLg
                    He looks like he's just sitting in a chair laughing to me. He did scratch his nose a couple of seconds after Fury's name was mentioned doe. Is that it?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      I've seen the latest statements from both Hearn and Usyk's team on Usyk vs AJ. But if you just want to talk about what the OP is saying Hearn is saying, I won't bother posting links to them. I'll just contribute this .. if Hearn ever did say what the OP says he said .. he's saying something different now.
                      I heard the remark you are talking about. I also know sh^t can change on a dime in boxng.

I don't know how Usyk ISN'T on the shortlist if Whyte & Wilder both lose doe like I said.

Hearn is becoming more like Arum with his stances. He's lying yesterday & telling the truth today. He's dogging someone today & he's showing them respect the next. Hearn isn't THAT straight forward a mfer. He's more boxer-like then most promoters with saying sh^t to get attention & saying a lot of sh^t in general. Gotta fill up the time somehow.

So I know Hearn said what you are saying, but I also could see Hearn saying what OP is saying cuz the Joshua opponent list will have gotten butt f#cked with Wilder & Whyte losing if that were to happen.

Again I'm not saying Usyk IS next. I'm saying I can EASILY see him on the short list, but I see Big Baby being the #1 guy & I think he's no worst than #2 for April if things shake out badly for Joshua's future B side opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X