• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    But you want to comment on....LOL
    Yes. I hate mismatches.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
      One running from Crawford, other running from Lomachenko. Both running into each other arms
      More like both fighting cuz the promoter won't let Bud or l0m0 come out to play.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Espinoza wasn't going to be able to keep all the big names. FOX wants some big headliners themselves. But he isn't losing out on a big match up aside from this one (name value wise). So who is to say he won't get Porter vs Thurman II on SHO? I think he will definitely be pushing hard to get LSC vs GRJ on SHO and Hurd vs Charlo on SHO.

GRJ not fighting LSC unless he gets 5-7Million. Thurman will go on a 8month layoff once this fight is over. Haymon is fućking up. Where is Schaefer to help with this mess?

Comment

Except the fact Ward AND Kovalev were both doing 1 million+ on HBO. They were drawing very good ratings. Spence/Garcia for the most part are in the 600-700k range. Obviously SHO has less viewers, but you can't really say they are bigger names than Ward/Kovalev. On par? Sure, but bigger names? Off what exactly? Ratings so far haven't backed that up yet.
          Ratings don't mean much when it comes to revenue. GGG just did over 1 million on HBO in May yet his ticket sales were garbage at the Stub Hub. Same with Ward and Kov. they never sold tickets the way both Mikey and Spence have. And Kov and Ward never a big draw among the Mexican and Latino fans.

Comment

Mikey showing these chumps what it means to truly chase greatness and how to really try and become champion in a new division. He's not out here chasing some weak link paper champion who's ranked #9 in his division and then tells people he's chasing history.

Comment

200k would be a very solid number for this fight. I don't know if it reaches that much. Ward vs Kovalev didn't nor did any of GGG's fights vs non-Canelo opponents.
              200k on PPV is a flop just like ward kov, bud postal, and ggg jacobs/lemeiux was

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                so does Spence get the same backlash as GGG did for fighting Brook?
                No cuz Triple L did it to avoid any other fights so he can get Nelo. Shet he even did it AFTER he fought Nelo got stripped for fighting vanes

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                  lol mickey hoecia got his excuse ready for when he loses to loma.

"I was damaged after the Spence fight"

"I was drained"
                  This aint about l0m0. l0m0 is stuck at the espn fake news broadcast...….

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    Damn Stephen Espinoza has been loyal to PbC while they were giving him bs fights and this fight is not on Showtime? I’m about to hop off the pbc support. Giving us tuneups but putting the better fights on PPV. BS.
                    Haymon has nearly 200 fighters. Therefore, he has more than enough talent in his stable in order to spread them around.

It's very similar to when Vince McMahon's had an expanding stable of superstars back in 2000. He couldn't match them all up or at the same time on the same platform, so he had to eventually split it into two platforms; The flagship Raw brand would be on the USA network and the Smackdown brand would be on the UPN network.

That is what I believe, Al Haymon is doing with his talent pool now.

Comment

Awesome fight!!! I might make the trip from LA to Texas- Big fight card in Texas has been on my boxing bucket list!!

Comment

Working...
                      X