Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm calling it now 200k buys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
      garcia doesn’t want the fight there. He didn’t ask for it there. Mikey’s fan base is more San Antonio. He didn’t sell well in Dallas.

It’s not for sure 35-40k and most of those seats will be cheap. That’s why vegas with 10,000 people would be a bigger gate.
      He may not have asked for it being in Dallas, but he damn sure asked for the fight. So no, he is not being set up. They are trying to make this into a big event putting it in Dallas stadium. Can they generate a bigger gate in Vegas? Possibly, but neither are Vegas fighters at this point. You just know for a fact they will do a solid number at Cowboys stadium. Spence put 14k+ against O'campo in the practice stadium, this will get passed the 30k mark.

Fair point on him having a bigger fan base in SA compared to Dallas. But think the fight will be a big enough event for it to do a good number.

As for the PPV numbers? Yeah, good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
        I'm calling it now 200k buys!!!
        200k would be a very solid number for this fight. I don't know if it reaches that much. Ward vs Kovalev didn't nor did any of GGG's fights vs non-Canelo opponents.

Comment

Now on the flip side of that.... IF which is a BIG IF!! If Spence and Garcia does good numbers I wonder if that'll make Thurman, Porter or Garcia want to fight Spence finally? 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
            Now on the flip side of that.... IF which is a BIG IF!! If Spence and Garcia does good numbers I wonder if that'll make Thurman, Porter or Garcia want to fight Spence finally? 🤔
            Bigger question is if it does good numbers, does that mean those fights will also be on PPV? We know Spence vs Crawford whenever it happens is PPV, but Spence vs Porter or Thurman PPV as well?

Comment

Damn Stephen Espinoza has been loyal to PbC while they were giving him bs fights and this fight is not on Showtime? I’m about to hop off the pbc support. Giving us tuneups but putting the better fights on PPV. BS.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                200k would be a very solid number for this fight. I don't know if it reaches that much. Ward vs Kovalev didn't nor did any of GGG's fights vs non-Canelo opponents.
                Good points!! I feel like the support from the Hispanic fan base will contribute and that they will do their best to promote this fight. But I don't think it'll do any worse than Ward or GGG though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                  One running from Crawford, other running from Lomachenko. Both running into each other arms
                  “I can’t fight Mikey Garcia after long rest.”

Comment

Well it's finally here. The fight has now been officially finalized.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                      Damn Stephen Espinoza has been loyal to PbC while they were giving him bs fights and this fight is not on Showtime? I’m about to hop off the pbc support. Giving us tuneups but putting the better fights on PPV. BS.
                      Espinoza wasn't going to be able to keep all the big names. FOX wants some big headliners themselves. But he isn't losing out on a big match up aside from this one (name value wise). So who is to say he won't get Porter vs Thurman II on SHO? I think he will definitely be pushing hard to get LSC vs GRJ on SHO and Hurd vs Charlo on SHO.

Comment

Working...
                      X