No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Garcia To Be Announced As FOX PPV March 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
    200k on PPV is a flop just like ward kov, bud postal, and ggg jacobs/lemeiux was
    It's not if the guys aren't getting paid much and aren't huge names like Pacquiao, Canelo and Mayweather.

Comment

GGG haters attacking Spence in 1,2,3.....go!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
        200k on PPV is a flop just like ward kov, bud postal, and ggg jacobs/lemeiux was
        What determines if a PPV flops or not depends on the guaranteed purses of both fighters. So if both want say 6+ million? Yeah, 200k isn't going to cut it. But if they get like 4-5 million each? Then 200k is perfectly fine. You can get by without a loss on the event with that.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          We shall see. Numbers wise, both are doing good numbers on SHO but not GREAT numbers. Only Broner/Wilder are touching a million or getting close to it. So how big are these two exactly at the moment? Could it be those two going up against each other can generate the 200k buys? Possibly, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Wilder/Fury PPV numbers will tell us something about how well these fights will do. If it does bad, then you can't expect Spence/Garcia to do much better.
          Random note but wilder's sho ratings could be directly related to how pbc used fox to develop his following? As all of his pbc fights were on fox other than the ones on sho

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            Ratings don't mean much when it comes to revenue. GGG just did over 1 million on HBO in May yet his ticket sales were garbage at the Stub Hub. Same with Ward and Kov. they never sold tickets the way both Mikey and Spence have. And Kov and Ward never a big draw among the Mexican and Latino fans.
            That was a last minute change. GGG has done well on both coasts.

Again, we shall see but I can't confidently say Spence/Garcia are bigger names than Ward/Kovalev.

Now the Latino factor? Definitely valid.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
              It's not if the guys aren't getting paid much and aren't huge names like Pacquiao, Canelo and Mayweather.
              No I get what youre saying and agree that smaller name fighters shouldn't be expected to pull big numbers on ppv but In terms of the fights themselves generating revenue goes, the event itself is indeed a flop.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                GRJ not fighting LSC unless he gets 5-7Million. Thurman will go on a 8month layoff once this fight is over. Haymon is fućking up. Where is Schaefer to help with this mess?
                GRJ gets paid very well no doubt, but I think that fight can happen. GRJ legit only wants to fight once a year so no excuse for it not to happen around May-July.

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
                  Random note but wilder's sho ratings could be directly related to how pbc used fox to develop his following? As all of his pbc fights were on fox other than the ones on sho
                  Sure, him fighting on FOX and NBC certainly could have helped his stardom. But I mean guys like Thurman/Porter/DSG/etc fought on terrestrial television as well.

Wilder/Fury All Access starts this Saturday. Three weeks to create a spark. Let's see how they do.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Sure, him fighting on FOX and NBC certainly could have helped his stardom. But I mean guys like Thurman/Porter/DSG/etc fought on terrestrial television as well.

Wilder/Fury All Access starts this Saturday. Three weeks to create a spark. Let's see how they do.
                    Agreed idk if fox or NBC helped but those knockouts definitely did

Comment

I can't believe anybody on earth would be UPSET with this fight! People take tune ups, people take years off between fights. This is a big fight between two solid fighters! If you watch boxing, and think Mikey is out of his league, you're drunk. Do I think he wins? No. But he can definitely hang. He doesn't take a lot of punishment. I mean, who has beat up Mikey? No one really. TC moves up and it's the best thing ever. Mikey moves up and we act like he's a dwarf. Did you complainers think Ocampo was an excellent match up? Or Algeri? Come on. Mikey won't knock him out. But he can fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X