Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil g is the biggest coward known to mankind. let's hope Canelo,Jacobs ignore him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    I'll accept that GGG took 13 years to face an elite, whilst Canelo has 3 elites on his resume almost a decade younger than 3G got his one. Thats the difference.

Yeah but Canelos ducking.... by movig back to his actual ORIGINAL DIVISION.
    Who said Canelo was ducking, man? You got me mixed up with someone else? And yeah - 13 fkn years... **** sucks doesn't it? It shows you the difference between signing with a major promoter who does everything it their power to build you into a star and a bunch of crooks who sideline you and refuse to make you the best fights and then vindictively try to derail your career.

Like I always say, in this sport resume is at least as much to do with opportunity as it is to do with ability. Sure Canelo's a superb fighter, but he's had the breaks too. Golovkin's also a superb fighter who didn't get the same breaks - or who was just unlucky enough to sign with the wrong promoter at the start of his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Who said Canelo was ducking, man? You got me mixed up with someone else? And yeah - 13 fkn years...
      sorry

sucks doesn't it? It shows you the difference between signing with a major promoter who does everything it their power to build you into a star and a bunch of crooks who sideline you and refuse to make you the best fights and then vindictively try to derail your career.
      for 13 years.

Like I always say, in this sport resume is at least as much to do with opportunity as it is to do with ability.
      i mean - you either believe his resume is good or you dont,you cant have it both ways. Its a good resume from 2015-2017, thats my opinion. If you can keep a title for 3 years the you must be pretty good, and he managed that just about.

But you cant pretend hes superb for knocking out bums for 11 years.

Comment

none of those names suggest elite, though like I say they can build towards becoming elite with a top win.

His top level is vacant title winning. Its not elite. We cant class every bob who wins a vacant title as their best achievement as elite, or else li'l stuart hall is an elite.

Whe u are including Caleb Truax, you know your argument is padded.
        Caleb Truax is a world champ at 168, beat De Gale, he's a respectable fighter, don't label him as a middleweight bum.
        Jacobs white washed him, was not competitive.

Jacobs is an elite MW, TOP 5 in a solid division is elite to me.
        His perfs are elite, his GGG fight was an elite perfomance, his KO in 1 round of Quillin was elite, PERIOD

It's just that you NSB boxing snobs only considerate "elite" P4P fighters.

You guys don't know sht about boxing and fall into a too heavy harsh criticism towards fighters hanging too much on this cynical forum.

This forum is an area full of cynical average life idiots where you need to be on the P4P top 10/top 20 list to be seen as a relevant fighter, all the rest are bums/not elite.
        Last edited by BillyBoxing; 10-29-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

sorry

for 13 years.

i mean - you either believe his resume is good or you dont,you cant have it both ways. Its a good resume from 2015-2017, thats my opinion. If you can keep a title for 3 years the you must be pretty good, and he managed that just about.

But you cant pretend hes superb for knocking out bums for 11 years.
          Golovkin's resume is pretty much as good as it could be given the MW landscape over the period he's fought and the misfortune of the fights that just didn't happen - Pirog, Sturm and Martinez principally (possibly Quillin too). Of these only Sturm really should be blamed for not fighting Golovkin - the rest were just bad luck or bad timing. In short, it's not a good resume, but guys like Macklin, Murray, Geale were not bums when they fought Sturm or Martinez either, so what changed? (and incidentally, what's with calling pro-fighters 'bums' man? You come across as better than that).

As to whether he's a superb fighter - well at 35/36 he just fought Canelo (who at 28 is just entering his absolute prime -which I usually reckon at between about 28 and 32 apx) to a draw and the closest possible loss, even if you accept the official verdict. And ultimately a fighter has to be pretty damn good to knock out even contender/challenger level fighters like the three above, time after time, without fail or without an 'off' night or a bad styles match-up, otherwise we'd have a lot more 90% KO records around... how good? Well that we'll never know now. You don't like the word superb? Sure. You gonna have to accept he ain't bad though to run Canelo that close..

And yeah - 13 years (well 12 actually). The fallout from his splitting with Universum was that guys like Arum wouldn't touch him when he came knocking due to his ongoing legal issues. This lead to him signing with K2 who basically have no presence in the US (and a European reboot didn't look good as long as the WBA would never force Sturm to fight him), and no stable or influence with which to make filler fights or build a proper card... in short the repercussions have followed him through his entire career. Golovkin's story is far from unique, of course... many fighters face similar problems, and in many cases that is the last we hear of them. Where Golovkin did get lucky was being picked up by HBO (who were looking for a new star, but whose shrinking budget meant they had to find someone who wouldn't demand too much), without that he may very well have sunk into obscurity without even getting such fights as Jacobs and Canelo.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-29-2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Golovkin's resume is pretty much as good as it could be given the MW landscape over the period
            over the period 2014 to 2017

not outside that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Caleb Truax is a world champ at 168, beat De Gale, he's a respectable fighter, don't label him as a middleweight bum.
              Jacobs white washed him, was not competitive.
              you pretty much know that losing to truax was seen as career suicide for degale.

Jacobs is an elite MW, TOP 5 in a solid division is elite to me.
              His perfs are elite, his GGG fight was an elite perfomance, his KO in 1 round of Quillin was elite, PERIOD

It's just that you NSB boxing snobs only considerate "elite" P4P fighters.

You guys don't know sht about boxing and fall into a too heavy harsh criticism towards fighters hanging too much on this cynical forum.

This forum is an area full of cynical average life idiots where you need to be on the P4P top 10/top 20 list to be seen as a relevant fighter, all the rest are bums/not elite.
              noone says that, the just say the truth that if you are just below elite then you are merely world class...which is just fine a level.

dont pretend anyones tellig you different.

and jacobs will be elite when he becomes elite, not beofre or just because someone thinks so.

Comment

• Its so digusting the way this guy GGG had the entire boxing world fooled. He has never dared to be great once, was a hypocrite of the highest regard and a man of no honor.

Comment

over the period 2014 to 2017

not outside that.
                  Dude was in promotional purgatory until 2013 near as dammit, and besides - very many fighters don't get a decent scalp on their resume until 6 or 7 years into their career. GGGs problem was that he started late and that he ran into a glass ceiling with Universum.

Not saying that means we should just grant him good wins in fights that didn't happen, but when he did finally fight some fairly well respected guys he handled them like no-one else had. Like I say resume has just as much to do with opportunity as ability. Is his resume superb? No... but in my opinion that doesn't preclude him from being an exceptional fighter, even though his lack of decent names does preclude him from being too highly regarded in the all time stakes at 160.

Comment

Dude was in promotional purgatory until 2013 near as dammit, and besides - very many fighters don't get a decent scalp on their resume until 6 or 7 years into their career. GGGs problem was that he started late and that he ran into a glass ceiling with Universum.

Not saying that means we should just grant him good wins in fights that didn't happen, but when he did finally fight some fairly well respected guys he handled them like no-one else had.
                    it is my understanding that jacobs has fought many decision fights - this is not like noone else had at all.

same with canelo.

however i give him solid credit for koing lemmy who was world class and prime, like noone else had, that i agree on.

i think 2 good wins doesnt qualify for being a superb fighter. Most people who win a world title will have 2 good wins or more.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 10-30-2018, 05:51 AM.

Comment

it is my understanding that jacobs has fought many decision fights - this is not like noone else had at all.

same with canelo.

however i give him solid credit for koing lemmy who was world class and prime, like noone else had, that i agree on.

i think 2 good wins doesnt qualify for being a superb fighter. Most people who win a world title will have 2 good wins or more.
                      Fair enough, man. I wasn't asking you to call him superb, merely giving my opinion. That said when much of the boxing the world has considered a fighter one of the 5 or so best in the world for a few years I'd say I'm not alone. Guess it depends on your definition of superb though:

superb
                      /suːˈpəːb/
                      adjective
                      adjective: superb

1. very good; excellent.
                      I don't do p4p - think the whole concept is ridiculous, but most of the rest of the boxing world seem to, and I'd say any fighter regarded as even top 10 in the world, yet alone top 5, fits the definition 'very good' or 'excellent'.

Comment

Working...
                      X