Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oquendo Turns Down Miller, WBA Title Shot Over VADA Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! A clear duck by Oquendo. $500000n obviously wasn't enough for him to get in there with Miller. I called this one the minute this fight was ordered. No way in hell Fres gets in there after seeing what he did to Adamek. Fres should just retire. He isn't getting that easy payday like he was looking for against Charr or washed up Briggs. He may not have beat either but his chances of survival were much better because I see Miller steam rolling him in the opening round. Oquendo don't want anything to do with Miller. He would fight Bryan though...

Comment

Maybe George Foreman is available...

Comment

Oquendo isn't very smart. At his age he should of just took the money.
        Even if he somehow manages to get his hands on that piece of shet alphabet soup belt he'll get knocked the fucc out the first time he steps up in competition.
        Big mistake turning down the fight i think...

Comment

Why didn't Miller choose another date? I don't see a problem wanting more time before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            LOL! A clear duck by Oquendo. $500000n obviously wasn't enough for him to get in there with Miller. I called this one the minute this fight was ordered. No way in hell Fres gets in there after seeing what he did to Adamek. Fres should just retire. He isn't getting that easy payday like he was looking for against Charr or washed up Briggs. He may not have beat either but his chances of survival were much better because I see Miller steam rolling him in the opening round. Oquendo don't want anything to do with Miller. He would fight Bryan though...
            The fight would be in 3 weeks time he wants proper drug testing place considering the circumstances he has been in recently nothing wrong with that not to mention big baby has failed a test before

Comment

3 weeks from Saturday. Good job, Eddie....

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                Even if he somehow manages to get his hands on that piece of shet alphabet soup belt he'll get knocked the fucc out the first time he steps up in competition.
                Even if he gets half that after everyone takes their cut, 250k isn't a bad nest egg at his age.

Comment

Hard to say if it was smart or not without knowing more details. If Oquendo just ends up being Miller's first defense, and Oquendo waiting causes Miller to have to fight clean, what did Oquendo really lose out on by waiting?

Comment

I’d argue that he is smart. It’s a dangerous sport and it’s full of cheaters. Why shouldn’t the fight be scheduled so that Miller can be tested properly?

Comment

Was expecting that I was gonna come in here and bash Oquendo but he's totally in the right.

Oquendo has been burned by drug cheats twice already and Miller is a known drug cheat.. not remotely unreasonable for Oquendo to say he wants the fight to be further away than 3 and a half weeks to ensure that there is ample time to do VADA testing on Miller.

Big Baby/Hearn should be pushing the date back to accommodate a more than reasonable request like that, rather than fight someone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X