Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm proud of the Irish brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      I wouldn't have made the bet but, then again, it's not my money at risk.

$10 per month, 12 months in a year. You were able to get Canelo on to the platform, but you're basically looking at needing Canelo to draw 750k people to the platform and keep them there for the full five years to have DAZN cover the outlay for only his deal.

We'll see, I guess
      Canelo seems to have signed to multiple DAZN platforms doe based on the article I read on ESPN this morning. I don't think we are adding up the money right.

I saw it mentioned Canelo is gonna be on 5 or 6 different DAZN platforms in different countries. Thats beefing up DAZN's content in all those countries & Canelo being added gives those platforms more value & therefore more money. This isn't just a DAZN USA thing. This is a DAZN Worldwide thing as far as DAZN is playing the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
        Because Eddie Hearn has an EXCLUSIVE contract with DAZN to provide boxing content for their platform in addition to Hearn being DAZN programming director of Boxing for DAZN.

So in order for any Boxing content not involving Hearn to take place, they need his consent at the very least or he can sue DAZN for literally breach of contract.

He doesn't have to be involved in any of the Golden Boy shows but he at least has to be cool with it.

This doesn't happen unless Eddie says "Go ahead, I won't sue".

GB is not stupid, which is why Alvarez is fighting Fielding, a Matchroom fighter, this is all business behind the scenes.
        Are you sure about this? Because an exclusive deal does not need to be exclusive on both ends. It could possibly mean Hearns' fighters would need DAZN's permission to fight somewhere else, but that doesn't mean DAZN needs permission from Hearn to broadcast other boxing fights.

I'm not saying I know, I'm just wondering whether you truly know, or if you're just assuming that's how it works. It would depend on the contract, and based on the way this has been announced, it doesn't seem like Hearn was involved. Not that it would bother me if he were, I'm just saying it doesn't look like it.

Comment

So Canelo has got a deal that is even bigger than Mayweather's. Very impressive. Imagine if greats such as Leonard, Hagler and Hearns were fighting today, they would have made so much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Yeah for some reason this annoucement seems to bother/burn some people, If people think John skipper (The cokehead) is the only one sorting out this boxing deal then good for them, whatever makes them sleep at night lol.
            Had this deal been signed in England then perhaps what you all are saying, that this deal was Eddie's call would have had more credibility.

However, these are the facts; The deal was made between De La Hoya and John Skipper and signed in the U.S. If Eddie Hearn had anything to do with this deal then we would have seen some kind photo ops of him, Golden Boy and Oscar by now but we have not, because he was never part of this deal.

Besides, why did DAZN give Golden Boy Promotions a guaranteed contract and only gave Matchroom Boxing an optional one where it can be voided in 2 years, if Eddie Hearn is on top of their food chain in terms of boxing content on DAZN; As you all say, then why did they give him such a small window?

Comment

DAZN is stepping up hard. I think it'll be hard to argue you're a boxing fan if you don't have their subscription. We'll see, I wish them all nothing but the best.

Comment

It is going to be interesting to see where boxing is at in 5 years time.

PBC vs Dazn vs ESPN is going to be a war. I hope Boxing can become a mainstream sport again.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  I wouldn't have made the bet but, then again, it's not my money at risk.

$10 per month, 12 months in a year. You were able to get Canelo on to the platform, but you're basically looking at needing Canelo to draw 750k people to the platform and keep them there for the full five years to have DAZN cover the outlay for only his deal.

We'll see, I guess
                  It's a risk they had to take. More than likely, the vast majority of fans are going to join for 1 month to see Canelo fight then cancel their subscription until the next fight. As we know, casuals are what drive the higher PPV's. It's hard to believe that casual boxing fans who only tune in for the biggest names in the biggest fights will subscribe for $120 a year when they could pay $20 to see both fights. I would assume DAZN had some type of calculation going here, where they felt confident they'd be able to bring in millions of full year subscribers with Canelo. Either that, or this was a pure "we got the money" type of thing, where this signing was more of an investment to build the brand. If Canelo's signing results in more big names joining DAZN, which subsequently results in more subscribers, then even if they over payed, it'll be worth it. I think it's a smart move for both parties. DAZN being a streaming only service, there's going to have to be deals cut with network providers to get Canelo bigger fights. I'm more interested in seeing how that works out. Imo, it's more important to boxing, if DAZN works outside their streaming service to ultimately put on the biggest fights, or will this be another one of those "sign with us to fight our guy's" broadcasters. On the plus side, I wasn't going to watch Canelo vs Fielding live, now due to the $9.99 price tag, I will.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                    Daaaaaaaamn

Canelo will ***** on Floyd by the time he retires.

I bet this has Floyd hella jealous right now knowing his petty ass.
                    I think Floyd networth is over 500mil.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      I don't think he would be allowed to do that. They would obviously need to pick opponents who would bring the biggest income to DAZN for him to fight.
                      Bingo. They own him now however they will probably only throw in a live dog fight maybe once or twice and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                      X