Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: After Hart I Want To Unify With Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    No it isn't. So why are people praising Canelo so highly for doing it and saying it proves he has more balls than GGG?

Would Canelo have had the balls to call out 2014 Carl Froch, at 168, in the UK?

Would he fck!

Like I said, if GGG had moved up to fight Rocky Fielding they would have crucified him for it.
    I’m not as active on this forum as I used to be. So I really can’t speak on folks praising Canelo for this fight. I assumed hardcore fight fans would be putting this fight in proper context.

As for would Canelo had the ballz to fight Froch. I think him moving up to middleweight challenging GGG is close to an equivalent.

Comment

Is there a date for ramirez vs hart?
      He mentions December on HBO
      But no date or venue.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        I’m not as active on this forum as I used to be. So I really can’t speak on folks praising Canelo for this fight. I assumed hardcore fight fans would be putting this fight in proper context.

As for would Canelo had the ballz to fight Froch. I think him moving up to middleweight challenging GGG is close to an equivalent.
        Canelo actually moved down from SMW to fight GGG. He had no choice about moving up from SWW. Nature made that choice for him.

Canelo has only made 154 once since fighting Floyd in 2013 - and that was against Smith, in a fight that had no prefight PED testing for Canelo whatsoever. (Smith was tested by UKAD)

Canelo is 5' 8" and built like a tank. No way should anybody still be trying to pretend he is a SWW fighting above his natural weight division at MW.

Comment

I won't be surprised if Canelo fights Ramirez. If he gets by Fielding, and he should, that would be a big money fight for the Mexican fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by KingWiked View Post
            Clenelo is becoming da new hypejob. What's next, he's gonna challenge Joshua for his titles, get da **** out of here with that! Oscar is whispering in this kid's ear too much, jus cuz he got gifted twice vs. GGG (should've fought outside of vegas), doesn't mean he can beat every bigger guy out there. Come back down to earth & fight da Charlos, Andrade, Jacobs, Andy Lee, Martin Murray, Billy Joe after his dumbass returns from suspension & trilogy with GGG. Hurd is bound to move up soon, he's a big 154lber
            Just watch the 2nd fight WITH NO SOUND IN ITS ENTIRETY.

I got brainwashed by the commentators when I watched it with sound, both by British and American commentators. They made me think the fight was competitive. They made me think GGG "hurt" Canelo in one round.

The 1st one I would give it to GGG, but the 2nd one NO WAY. In fact I think Canelo won 8-4 at least, but all the contested rounds were given to GGG to do justice for the 1st fight.

In the 2nd one it was a total BEATING from Canelo to GGG from beginning to end, GGG was in reverse the whole fight, which NEVER BEFORE happened with any other opponent of his. His face was a mess at the end, even though the majority of the punishment he got was actually in the mid mid section. Just because he was able to stand up 12 rounds receiving a beating it doesn't mean he won. Had that fight been in the oldie fashion of 15 rounds, Canelo would have stopped him by the 14th for sure, because the beating was becoming just too harsh already by the 12th.

I really, really wish Canelo instead of doing that stupid move of going to get a meaningless questionable "belt" at 168 with a mediocre fighter, would challenge Floyd for a revenge fight at a 155 catchweight, because I am sure Canello would KO and send the hugging clinching elbow-hitter back pedaling coward to the canvas more than once and stop him. Having dominated and backed up GGG while taking his best punches and not being even tickled by them, he would simply CRUSH Floyd in a matter of a few rounds, exactly the way he did vs. Khan, even after getting hit in the face by weak punches repeatedly and looking like a chump. THAT I would lie to see. This aggressive forward-moving fearless version of Canelo HAS NOTHING TO DO with the green, drained, inexperienced and frankly stupid version of Canelo that Floyd conveniently faced so many years ago when Canelo wasn't ready for it, even less so while being drained as a corpse in the weigh-in,, obviously having worried more about making the catch weight than actually preparing to win that fight.
            Last edited by sterilizer; 10-12-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I did watch da fight without sound plenty, i had it 116-112 for GGG. He outlanded Canelo. Yes canelo landed da body shots but overall, GGG did a lil more. Watch closely and at one point it even looks like Canelo couldn't take it anymore & was completely gassed. Every major media outlets had it same as i did, like 30 outlets had GGG winning while only 2 had Canelo. Da most they could've happened & i mean it as da worse of da worse would've been a draw. GGG won da 2nd half of da fight without a doubt. There were a couple of rounds early in da fight that could've gone either way & were very hard to score but even if u gave them to Canela, its a draw. They should've fought in Barclays Center, Stubhub, or MSG, not where he's always gonna get da nod. I also had Lara beating Canelo so i know this fool is taken care of. Politics

Comment

Big mistake not going for Uzcategui and the unification

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  So GGG was a coward for not fighting Ward in his first fight at SMW ..... because Ward called him out and Abel said anybody from 154 to 168.

But Canelo can have 2 fights at SMW, and when Ramirez calls him out ... Zurdo should stop picking on smaller guys!

Classic Bscene hypocrisy!!!
                  canelo bests zurdo no matter when it happens, and ill put my account in the line, not against you of course cuz i will like to see you around for a while.. but anyways canelo has unfinished business at 160 and i think those are harder fights than zurdo... canelo knows zurdo very well he used to promote him and they sparred together lots of times, i doubt canelo sees him as a harder fight than ggg ...

Comment

Comment

Benavidez is the best at 168 but Canelo-Zurdo would be a great fight! Zurdo has a lot of dog in him he'll show up bigtime for this one

Comment

Working...
                      X