Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Accepts Dillian Whyte's Offer To Fight on 12/22 in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    I just want the fight to happen. Put it to bed so both sides can shut up about it haha
    So so true my man. So true.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      I think it's safe to assume that even if Hearn gave Ortiz 750k he would jump at it considering his previous purses.

His filed purse against wilder was 350k USD.

That against what Whyte sells in PPV .. circa 400k means Whyte won't mind at all. He can give Ortiz a million USD and it wouldn't be near what chisora wants as a split
      You maybe right. Even if Whyte semi-lowballs him it's still more than Ortiz usually makes, or would make on the Wilder undercard. Whyte would also make more than he would vs Chisora.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Will the WBC sanction this as the final-eliminator that Dillian Shyte ducked a couple months ago?
        Final eliminator for the second mandatory position you mean

Comment

Good fight and I'll be buying this over Frampton/Warrington for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
            Final eliminator for the second mandatory position you mean
            Hey, Dillian could of fought Pulev in an IBF final eliminator if he didn't want to wait. But had they offered Breazeale a proper purse in negotiations in the first place they probably be in Brizzy's position right now.

Comment

let's see if this fight really gets made

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                I think it's safe to assume that even if Hearn gave Ortiz 750k he would jump at it considering his previous purses.

His filed purse against wilder was 350k USD.

That against what Whyte sells in PPV .. circa 400k means Whyte won't mind at all. He can give Ortiz a million USD and it wouldn't be near what chisora wants as a split
                Yes that all makes sense.

Comment

Make it happen. Ortiz wants it, Whyte wants it, let's see if Hearn will get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Would love for this fight to happen but highly doubtful. Whyte could be in line for a big rematch against Joshua and Hearn isn't going to risk that. This just pressures Chisora to come off on some of his demands and make the Whyte fight for December.
                    He has no choice. Whyte has to fight him.

I have always rated Whyte’s heart as a boxer his balance is terrible but I hope he doesn’t prove me wrong. Chisora should not even be in the mix for anything . I know he beat Takam but beating Chisora proves absolutely nothing.

Let’s knockout this dinosaur even though I will be putting my money on Ortiz. The 12 th round against Parker made that decision easy to make.... sorry Brits if there is something I love more than my fellow countrymen it’s my money

Comment

Its meaningless anyway Wilder would stall for 4-5 years at least based on his past form. Wilder will have lost by then anyway and the winner can fight AJ he has an amazing reocrd of fighting the top 5 fighters.

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Will the WBC sanction this as the final-eliminator that Dillian Shyte ducked a couple months ago?

Comment

Working...
                      X