Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Accepts Dillian Whyte's Offer To Fight on 12/22 in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Wilder fan base finally respects Whyte IF he beats Ortiz? Would Whyte suddenly become a good boxer in the HW? Just musing

Comment

• Would Wilder fan base finally respects Whyte IF he beats Ortiz? Would Whyte suddenly become a good boxer in the HW? Just musing

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
        That's actually factually incorrect. Once a fighter signs with a promoter, the promoter can go after any fight that he wants, by that same token, the promoter does not have to make a fight because the boxer wants it. Promoters don't work for the fighter, it's the other way around. Promoters are in it to maximize their own revenue, and they'll always push the fighter on the route that line their pockets, which is one of the reasons the Ali act was so important for the protection of boxers. A boxer can request the promoter go after a fight, but in the end, the promoter can say he doesn't want to make that fight, or the fight is not financially viable. The fighter either takes the fights that are offered, or sits on the shelf until the contract runs out, similar to Ward and Mikey.

Now managers are a whole different thing, Managers are under contract to the Boxer, so the manager is employed by the boxer. So a boxer can say go get me this fight, and the manager can advise against, but in the end, if the boxer says get it, the manager will try to secure the best deal, and then the boxer has to decline or except. Some managers have huge sway like Al Haymon, and most of his boxers will heed his advise, the boxers who don't usually don't come out good on the other end, just look at Khan, and how Jacobs viewership declined after signing with Hearn, and now he will be losing his deal with HBO.
        Is Haymon a promoter or a manager? I always hear the latter. And I'm specifically referring to guys like Spence.

Comment

• You guys presume and assume far too much. Not everybody has the same deal/contract terms with a promoter. Who owns who after the contract is signed is usually down to the paper it was written on but in some cases not even that. Look at AJ, Eddie Hearn could barely afford it ignore what he says?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
            Is Haymon a promoter or a manager? I always hear the latter. And I'm specifically referring to guys like Spence.
            Haymon is a manager. If you watch PBC you'll see that those fights are actually promoted by Dibella, Mayweather, and sometimes the fighters them selves.

Comment

Working...
            X