Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Accepts Dillian Whyte's Offer To Fight on 12/22 in UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Will the WBC sanction this as the final-eliminator that Dillian Shyte ducked a couple months ago?
    That's what I am thinking. It's number 1 verses number 2. Wasn't Ortiz in Line for one of AJs belts?

Comment

At last we might just see some fights that Barry Hearn doesn't want.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        lets see how Whyte gets out of this one
        Whyte legitimately has no issue in fighting anyone. He might be more swayed by the money but he's his own manager and is happy to set up his future whilst waiting for a shot.

If he was a true ducker he wouldnt have put his status with the respective bodies on the line against Parker . He simply doesnt fear any fighter. Even the big bad boogeyman that is apparently Ortiz.

As far as jay deas saying it doesn't make sense.. how does it not? The WBC will mandate this as a final eliminator for second mandatory once and for all putting the issue to bed ..therefore he'll be on a much better trajectory of guarantee if he wins and he gets looooads more money headlining a UK PPV with Whyte than he does fighting some bum on the wilder undercard.

Who was he even fighting on that card? His opponent wouldn't have been named for at least another few weeks negating any type of competitiveness if Ortiz is as good as people say. Would have just been another cakewalk for him.

I think he beats Whyte.. but I think Whyte has a very very good chance of outworking him and putting him on his arse

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          That's what I am thinking. It's number 1 verses number 2. Wasn't Ortiz in Line for one of AJs belts?
          Hearn will ask for it to be sanctioned as a final eliminator I imagine and the WBC would likely do it to put the issue to bed.

Ortiz was mandatory for WBA but chose to go the WBC route and was removed by the WBA for his chlorathiazide pop

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            Yeah, Luis was the WBA mandatory, but Eddie Hearn and GayJ were threatening to drop the WBA, so Ortiz fought Wilder instead for the WBC.

Comment

Well if Whyte was going to give Chisora 25%..... WTF is he going to give Ortiz?

I doubt Ortiz will accept travelling for a lowball %

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                The Brits can't afford that to happen...AGAIN! Hearn has to make this fight to save face!
                Why? They believe anything Eddie says.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Whyte legitimately has no issue in fighting anyone. He might be more swayed by the money but he's his own manager and is happy to set up his future whilst waiting for a shot.

If he was a true ducker he wouldnt have put his status with the respective bodies on the line against Parker . He simply doesnt fear any fighter. Even the big bad boogeyman that is apparently Ortiz.

As far as jay deas saying it doesn't make sense.. how does it not? The WBC will mandate this as a final eliminator for second mandatory once and for all putting the issue to bed ..therefore he'll be on a much better trajectory of guarantee if he wins and he gets looooads more money headlining a UK PPV with Whyte than he does fighting some bum on the wilder undercard.

Who was he even fighting on that card? His opponent wouldn't have been named for at least another few weeks negating any type of competitiveness if Ortiz is as good as people say. Would have just been another cakewalk for him.

I think he beats Whyte.. but I think Whyte has a very very good chance of outworking him and putting him on his arse
                  I just want the fight to happen. Put it to bed so both sides can shut up about it haha

Comment

This could easily be a stinker, especially compared to a Chisora rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      Well if Whyte was going to give Chisora 25%..... WTF is he going to give Ortiz?

I doubt Ortiz will accept travelling for a lowball %
                      I think it's safe to assume that even if Hearn gave Ortiz 750k he would jump at it considering his previous purses.

His filed purse against wilder was 350k USD.

That against what Whyte sells in PPV .. circa 400k means Whyte won't mind at all. He can give Ortiz a million USD and it wouldn't be near what chisora wants as a split

Comment

Working...
                      X