Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Makes "Improved" Wilder-Joshua Offer, Asks For Meeting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
    Only noticeable defense is Ortiz, who is beleived to be way older than 36
    When Ortiz fought Wilder, Ortiz was 38. When Povetkin fought Joshua, Povetkin was 39.

The rumors of Ortiz being much older don't make any sense. Video of him in the amateurs clearly show him looking his claimed age. If he was really 48 as some claim, that would mean he waited until he was 40 to go pro. It would also mean he was 35 in the amateur videos where he looks like a very very young fresh babyfaced man in his early 20s.

Further, the theory makes absolutely no sense because amateur athletes lie about their age to gain an advantage. A 14 year old claiming to be 12 so he can dominate 12 year olds. If Ortiz was shaving 10 years off his age, that would mean trying to pass as 12 when he was 22.

But even worse than that, he wasn't even fighting at that age!!! By the time he started boxing, there would have been no advantage whatsoever to fudging his age. He started later in life and was fighting adults. Whether he was 18 or 28 would have made no difference, the opponents would have been the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
      Wilder won his belt off Stirverne who won the also VACANT belt against Arreola (considered a bum by everyone). Stirverne had previously been knocked out by someone called Demetrice King (5'11 with a record of 15 wins and 20 losses) and Wilder couldn't even knock Stiverne out the first time, so Stiverne is a bum.

Only noticeable defense is Ortiz, who is beleived to be way older than 36 and even IF he was 36 he is still past prime which he never has done anything with to prove himself as a top guy unlike Povetkin, Klitschko and both Parker and Whyte have better resumes as well. Wilders way worse considering that is the story with 'context' for 40 fights.

Don't throw stones in glass houses.
      What the hell has Parker ever done? He hasn’t looked good in a fight going on 4 years now. And Povetkin is the HW Matthysse. Put a title on the line and he turns into a bum.

Comment

“Improved” offer���� AJ-Whyte 2 is a LOCK for 13/04/19. For all the gullible people out there: Don’t get sucked in by this BS!

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          I really don't understand people defending wilder/his team for ducking this offer.

At the moment, they haven't even responded - but I don't think anyone can argue it's a bad offer. 35% is the low end but it's certainly not a offer to turn down and claim the other guy is ducking. Shirley, or whoever else - it's their job to go discuss these deals - it shouldn't even effect wilders camp, particularly not this far out.
          What you wrote makes very little sense. First you have no information on what percentage was offered, and you don't even know what the guarantee is. How do you pass judgement with out facts? What makes even less sense is that Hearn clearly states in this interview that he just sent the new offer, and is waiting for a response, so whats the deal with your first sentence? And if they tell Hearn they don't want to negotiate while Wilder has a current fight signed, that's actually not a big deal, because that's how most boxers operate. Negotiating the next fight while preparing for a current fight is rarely done, for anyone to even suggest not doing that equals ducking is obviously biased. Wilder will be concentrating on preparing for Fury, and his "people" who are his managers, can't negotiate or make a move with out him, they aren't his promoters. The prudent thing to do, is for Hearn to back off until Wilder vs. Fury is over. If what Hearn is saying is true, then he is showing that he's willing to negotiate a deal that's more favorable to Wilder, he still has to wait till the fight is over, unless Wilder decides to negotiate now, which I don't think he will. The reality is Hearn is desperate to get Wilder to sign before the fight is over, because if Wilder vs. Fury makes even respectable numbers, Hearn/AJ lose more money to Wilder. It's absolutely a good business move for Hearn, but it'll be bad business for Wilder. Try putting yourself in the shoes of both parties, take out the who's ducking who, and you'll probably develop an unbiased perspective.

Comment

If this offer is low.... we shall know by the morning as team wilder will release the offer to the public... (which they should)..... Stick to 50:50 or no fight AFTER he can beat Fury.

Comment

Edwards at it again, playing smoke an mirrors games!

When your own fighters coach says that he doesn’t fancy their chances to beat their rivals and he’s your golden goose then you’re likely gonna do whatever to protect the goose who lays the golden eggs but lately AJ has been laying rotten eggs!

Wilder has eclipsed him this year, fighting both King Kong Ortiz and Slickest Gypsy Tyson Fury is better than Parker and Povetkin easily!

The wool is being pulled, lots of people see AJ as a coward, won’t be long before the pressure to fight Wilder will be too much!

Someone in his family will call him out on it I suppose and then that’s when he’ll get his true wake up call and find his bàlls!

Comment

I know which fight excites me ; Joshua v Povetkin ....NO
                Joshua v Whyte 2.....NO
                Wilder v Tyson ...Yes please !

Eddie Hearn stop putting on shyte PPV's and tie that sleaze ball of a idiot old man to the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                  Same reason Wilder was calling him out when AJ had upcoming fights scheduled. To let whoever concerned that they are there, ready and waiting
                  I agree with this. I think Hearn is taking a shot in the dark to see if he can get them to agree to an offer now rather then taking a chance and possibly having to pay more if Wilder vs. Fury does big business. If they don't take it, at the very least he's signalling they are ready to talk, and (if Hearn's new offer is actually an improvement) are more open to negotiating a better deal more favorable to Wilder. Hearn has to be careful though, because if he keeps pushing and Wilder's team clearly states the'll negotiate after the fight, then when the fights over Hearn says "oh it's to late now", he could look really bad. But I don't see a problem with what he's doing, it makes perfect business sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                    Why make an offer while he's preparing for an upcoming fight? I smell BS. Chill out, Eddie...we ain't dumb.
                    Sadly the dumb Joshua and Hearn dick riders can’t see through Hearn games and manipulation.

Comment

why would wilder sign a contract prior to the fury fight? it makes no business sense. between wilder and tyson theyre hyping this fight right up and if wilder gets through fury he'll have a lot more bargaining power with AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X