Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Allowed Mandatory: WBC To Decide on Charlo, GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Charlo should get the shot, I'd watch a GGG/Canelo III but GGG can't win decisively in this fight unless he stops Canelo which I'm not sure he can at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
      I see Charlo getting step aside money whilst Canelo (if at all) takes on Lemieux or a similar fight, which means he can fight Golovkin in April/May next year.

If I were Golovkin I would recognise there is no way to crack the enigma that is Canelo and the preferential treatment he receives and give up on him.

but that won't happen because GGG wasted his final prime years chasing Canelo when he could have been taking other fights. Doesn't he see it's a dead end? maybe Golovkin has taken one too many bumps on the head.
      Hello, where were the body shots? Sanchez should take out an AVO on Canelo and GBP.
      Charlo doesn't get any step aside money if the WBC is allowing Canelo an optional defense..
      But I would love to see Canelo-Charlo. I think it would be a great fight that either fighter can win but I'll go with Canelo on this one.

Comment

I'm sure Canelo doesn't duck anyone, but Golden Boy are not keen on him fighting Charlo. Although why should they be, Canelo just beat the division's hardest puncher. Don't fight Lemieux, that's such an easy fight for Alvarez. But yes, it seems Charlo is the guy nobody wants to fight, but they will be forced to eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          I'm sure Canelo doesn't duck anyone, but Golden Boy are not keen on him fighting Charlo. Although why should they be, Canelo just beat the division's hardest puncher. Don't fight Lemieux, that's such an easy fight for Alvarez. But yes, it seems Charlo is the guy nobody wants to fight, but they will be forced to eventually.
          I'm not totally convinced Jermall is the dude 'no one wants to fight' - I mean, in time, maybe, but he's only just arrived at MW and non of the top guys have really had much chance to show if they'll fight him or not. Problem Charlo has is that if the WBC mandates Canelo - GGG III then Jermall will be bumped back til after the winner (probably Canelo) has also fought his WBA mandatory and probably had another voluntary in between each - which could take us til 2020 quite easily or even 2021.

ie:

Dec 2018: Voluntary
          May 2019: GGG 3
          Sept 2019: Voluntary
          May: 2020: WBA mando
          Sept: 2020: Voluntary
          May 2021: Charlo or whoever is WBC mando at that time.

So Jermall better hope he ain't being avoided, because if he is he might be waiting a looong time for that shot. Maybe better to focus on one of the other titlists, we've seen with GGG what happens if you spend your time hanging on the end of the line waiting for the 'A' side to call instead of pushing to make the best fight available right now.
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-01-2018, 05:10 AM.

Comment

It looks like it's going to be David Lemieux either in December or May and then GGG if it he wants it September. I guess Jermall Charlo must continue to await in the wings for his title shot. I knew the WBC was going to protect Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              I would like to see him with Charlo though.
              G has more grit than that cub.
              I am not so sure. After all the flush shots that GGG has absorbed over the years to that china, it just might be permanently cracked.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                Jamall Charlo is no slow ass walking punching bag. He has speed, power and a fighters temperamental attitude. Clenelo will duck🥊
                Gets hit alot and dont,have power to hurt Canelo. I want Canelo vs Charlo too. Hell i wanted GGG vs Charlo. Charlo will lose when he actually fights a top guy. Book it

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  Charlo a guy that has fought a one legged man and nothing else at MW lol. He waiting for a pay day and he will get beat by Canelo. Or GGG. Or BJS, or Jacobs. Who are the top guys in division. Charlo is an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    I am not so sure. After all the flush shots that GGG has absorbed over the years to that china, it just might be permanently cracked.
                    GGG is packing iron.
                    No China in that chin whatsoever.
                    But what is Charlo packing?

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
                      He's mandatory . You act like GGG beat anybody good. The only A class or above opponent he fought he got a draw and a loss. Nothing but a gauntlet of bums. And Canelo only fought old Cotto at a catchweight and bum beater GGG. Not a single middleweight has fought a ton of quality opponents. Sadly Canelo has the best resume with 3 fights at middleweights.
                      Right or not Golovkin had a head of media steam behind him. The buzz was undeserved, but it contributes to PPV buys/hype.

Charlo offers literally nothing at the moment. At least BJS has a fan base behind him and a cult following in the Gypsies/UK groupies.

Charlo needs to be active and fight someone relevant...

I'd rather BJS or Danny Jacobs over Charlo 100%

Comment

Working...
                      X