No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Allowed Mandatory: WBC To Decide on Charlo, GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Allowed Mandatory: WBC To Decide on Charlo, GGG

The president of the World Boxing Council, Mauricio Sulaiman, has revealed at the ongoing WBC convention in Kiev, that middleweight world champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 KOs) will be allowed to make a voluntary defense if he returns to the ring in December. Canelo is looking at the possibility of fighting on December 15th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So they are gonna stall Charlo as long as possible... smh.

Comment

After all the crying Golovkin and his fans have done saying Sturm wouldn't fight Golovkin when Golovkin was mandatory. I'm sure they wouldn't want to jump the line and steal Charlo's position. Golovkin has had 2 shots at beating Canelo already.

Comment

Is it pedantry if I point out that the title should probably read 'Canelo allowed voluntary...'? A pretty significant error, I would have said.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
          So they are gonna stall Charlo as long as possible... smh.
          Because Charlo has deserved a fight with Canelo or GGG after the gauntlet of opposition hes been through...

XD XD XD

Comment

I'd love to see the crying on here when a close decision against Charlo ends up 119-109 to canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              After all the crying Golovkin and his fans have done saying Sturm wouldn't fight Golovkin when Golovkin was mandatory. I'm sure they wouldn't want to jump the line and steal Charlo's position. Golovkin has had 2 shots at beating Canelo already.
              I'm good either way... actually I'd probably prefer to see the Charlo fight. I did think GGG edged the last fight - just - but it's clear the trajectory favours Canelo, we'd just see more of the same with a close but clear to Canelo this time round.

Chances are the WBC goes with the money fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Is it pedantry if I point out that the title should probably read 'Canelo allowed voluntary...'? A pretty significant error, I would have said.
                I always find errors in their articles, some big, some small. No idea who the editor for BS is, I thought it was Coyote, then Steve Kim, either way, it surprises me that mistakes like these get overlooked constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                  Because Charlo has deserved a fight with Canelo or GGG after the gauntlet of opposition hes been through...

XD XD XD
                  He's mandatory . You act like GGG beat anybody good. The only A class or above opponent he fought he got a draw and a loss. Nothing but a gauntlet of bums. And Canelo only fought old Cotto at a catchweight and bum beater GGG. Not a single middleweight has fought a ton of quality opponents. Sadly Canelo has the best resume with 3 fights at middleweights.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                    I always find errors in their articles, some big, some small. No idea who the editor for BS is, I thought it was Coyote, then Steve Kim, either way, it surprises me that mistakes like these get overlooked constantly.
                    Yeah, I see 'em constantly but this is a pretty glaring one. I wonder if they pay for that ****... I've done proof reading and editorial work before now and I can always use a few extra £s...

Comment

Working...
                    X