Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Drops, Stops Alexander Povetkin in Seventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great win for Joshua. Povetkin was a game opponent & I had him winning 3 rounds going into the 7th. The head clash at the beginning of the 6th kind of took the steam out of him after that it seemed. Joshua took total control but Povetkin was showing signs of slowing down. Povetkin landed some big shots & certainly had his moments in the fight but as Froch pointed out he was only throwing power shots in volume so he wouldn't be able to sustain that & he was correct. Joshua closed it out in style. Crazy to think that both Wilder & Joshua's toughest fights have been against boxers in their late 30s. Now things are sorting themselves out in the division. I have AJ, Fury, Wilder & Povetkin as the 4 best in the division followed by Ortiz, Whyte, Parker, Pulev, Breazeale, Miller. Miller & Pulev being the only 2 that have not lost to one of the top 4. There are plenty of up & comers along with several fringe contenders outside the top 10 who can all make for good fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      Really? Mine didn't do that at all
      Yea mine was trash. I went to an illegal stream early on, which is fine, cuz of that bs.

Couple people said why I mighta have problems so I'll check out those things before the next live show.

Comment

• No more excuses Joshua vs Wilder has to happen now. If Wilder beats fury there is no fight Joshua can take but Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
          You're a tool. "Pedboy"? Slide off your bunk bed dog
          If I'm a tool at least I'm useful. It would be nice to see your insight on this, so we could all have a good laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            Sounds a bit like Ortiz vs Wilder doesnt it ?
            What? Lmmfao...

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
              Your heavyweight has the most pathetic record out of any past American champion I have ever seen.
              Ali & Louis must be turning in there grave with what America has to offer as there world heavyweight champion.
              Bummmmsquadddddddd
              He failed the drug test after Joshua refused to exercise his WBA mandatory challenge to fight him in order to fight Carlos Takam for the IBF. Ortiz was Joshua's mandatory challenger for the WBA but AJ refused to exercise that mandatory challenge.

Wilder stood up and decided to give Ortiz a shot at his WBC title after AJ ducked him and then shortly afterwards he subsequently popped for blood pressure medicines and was originally banned by both the WBA and the WBC but the WBC lifted its ban so Wilder could fight him but the WBA did not.

Also, to your point that Wilder has the most pathetic record of any past American champion you have ever seen then why is your boy Joshua is so scared shitless to just stand in the same ring with him let alone fight him?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
                LOL, I don't understand what you're trying to prove with that quote. No where in that sentence do I say Ortiz is heads and shoulders above Povetkin. I listed what Ortiz does better than Povetkin as the reason he's better. If you want to ignore all the examples I've given that's fine by me, It still doesn't change the fact that resume does not equal amount of skill. I think I've been level headed and straight forward with you, but based on the tone of your last post, I'd have to say that your ability to assess boxing and the skill of a boxer is pedestrian at best, and screams of casual fandom. Because anybody who boils a fighter down to resume, has revealed his lack of knowledge and inability to judge what they see when a person fights. The nuances of boxing ability is so far lost on you that you believe in only win's and loses, regardless of the numerous amount of times in boxing history, a boxer with a better resume lost to one with a lesser resume. But your second paragraph explains why, you need Ortiz to be knocked down notches because if not, Wilder holds a win that is only second to AJ's Kiltschiko win, so you don't have the ability to see the reality because you believe wholeheartedly that AJ will beat Wilder because he has the better resume. To admit that resume means nothing, is to drop the fanboyism, and be a boxing fan. So much is your fonboy ways that you don't even realize that Ortiz is better than Washington but yet still could not defeat Wilder, and that reveals who you really are. Go play that fanboy schit with someone else, Im trying to have a conversation with nick_viking, who seems to be a legit BOXING fan.
                Did you even read what I said mate, you usually worth speaking to but not today, clearly you're the one with an agenda discrediting Povetkin with no proof, so whatever you say Ortiz is the best Heavyweight as he's better on the pads and resumes aren't one of the many ways of to measure a fighters accomplishment and level. Didn't even say Ortiz is bad he's just not 'clearly' better than Ortiz. Seriously acting like a resumes and past acheivments mean nothing and I'm the fanboy.... Okay 😂

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  He failed the drug test after Joshua refused to exercise his WBA mandatory challenge to fight him in order to fight Carlos Takam for the IBF. Ortiz was Joshua's mandatory challenger for the WBA but AJ refused to exercise that mandatory challenge.

Wilder stood up and decided to give Ortiz a shot at his WBC title after AJ ducked him and then shortly afterwards he subsequently popped for blood pressure medicines and was originally banned by both the WBA and the WBC but the WBC lifted its ban so Wilder could fight him but the WBA did not.

Also, to your point that Wilder has the most pathetic record of any past American champion you have ever seen then why is your boy Joshua is so scared shitless to just stand in the same ring with him let alone fight him?

That is the most deluded comment of all time. One fighter is 22 fights in to a professional career, and has fought a class above the other, who is 40 fights into his career and only now decided he might need to fight someone ranked in the top 20.

You realise that AJ will only fight 2 fights a year? That makes it difficult for him to have fought every single boxer out there, but his resume is the best of all the heavyweights in the division. He has 3 of the belts, while your boy has 1. The same one he has held and battled bums for, for years. He is the master of ducking his mandatory, and the corrupt sanctioning body has been completely complicit in it.

We had to wait til Fury had a coke habit, put on 10 stone, took two years out and jiggled at a plumber before Wilder took on the so-called lineal champ. Ortiz had to wait til he was 100 years old.

Just face it, Wilder has been making a pretty poor living for a heavyweight "champ", making a mockery of the heavyweight scene by fighting nobodies. He has realised he has a handful of fights left, and then will have to either retire or take up something else. He needs a big pay fight to set himself up, which nobody can blame him for, but when he comes round from the brutal KO AJ delivers, he should get to his knees and thank AJ for the gift that fighting him will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    you don't understand triangle theory. There has to be 2 matchup results between 3 fighters and then you predict the result of the missing third fight. I feel sorry for you that I have to spell this out for you.

In your post you suggested that Wilder is fast, athletic and a better boxer than Joshua. I'm calling you on that - if Wilder can be out-boxed by a Washington who probably struggles to get into the top 20 HW list then he's not this super boxer you make him out to be.

Wilder is athletic. No doubt. He has a very powerful punch. But his defence is crap. Wilder-AJ is most exciting matchup in boxing right now because both are flawed. Whoever lands a power combo first is most likely the winner.
                    man you guys read peoples posts and pretty much make up what ever you want from it huh. I have never once said Wilder is a better boxer than AJ, WTF are you talking about. Saying since Washington out boxed Wilder, then another person could outbox Wilder is a Triangle theory, because you are using what happened with one opponent to theorize how a fight would go against another opponent. You don't need to come with specific names, that's just dumb. And again, a point that you conveniently continue to step over, Ortiz is a better boxer than Washington, yet he could not defeat Wilder, that very outcome right there makes your point absolutely invalid.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheJPF View Post
                      That is the most deluded comment of all time. One fighter is 22 fights in to a professional career, and has fought a class above the other, who is 40 fights into his career and only now decided he might need to fight someone ranked in the top 20.

You realise that AJ will only fight 2 fights a year? That makes it difficult for him to have fought every single boxer out there, but his resume is the best of all the heavyweights in the division. He has 3 of the belts, while your boy has 1. The same one he has held and battled bums for, for years. He is the master of ducking his mandatory, and the corrupt sanctioning body has been completely complicit in it.

We had to wait til Fury had a coke habit, put on 10 stone, took two years out and jiggled at a plumber before Wilder took on the so-called lineal champ. Ortiz had to wait til he was 100 years old.

Just face it, Wilder has been making a pretty poor living for a heavyweight "champ", making a mockery of the heavyweight scene by fighting nobodies. He has realised he has a handful of fights left, and then will have to either retire or take up something else. He needs a big pay fight to set himself up, which nobody can blame him for, but when he comes round from the brutal KO AJ delivers, he should get to his knees and thank AJ for the gift that fighting him will be.
                      There is still a major belt floating out there for AJ to claim and its the WBC if he wants it but so far he has expressed no interest in retrieving it. Why? Is it because of fear?

Also, Yes, you said he fought all these great contenders but what about Wilder? The only reason why Wilder is challenging a Fury in the first place is because Joshua is ducking him and Eddie Hearn had to pull Povetkin out of his ass in order to avoid a showdown with Wilder; After he agreed to the $15mil flat fee, fighting on AJ's home soil and in the venue of his choice.

Likewise, AJ doesn't have the balls to come within a 100 feet of Ortiz or Wilder. He is simply bitchmade.

He got rocked by a cruiserweight that he outweighed by 24 lbs. How pathetic is that?

Comment

Working...
                      X