No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin: We Saw it Coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
    BINGO! The writer fails to mention that by round 3 GGG was winded from that point until the end. He was huffing and puffing from the viscous body shots Canelo had laid onto him. The writer also convienently fails to mention that GGG built up the ever famous “fight stats” by doing nothing but jabbing. A jab alone with an occasional power shot will not win fights EVER and especially on this stage. Not only were Canelo’s shots harder but more impactful, showing on the face of his opponent and were constant. GGG threw occasional power shots and while some landed most Canelo rolled with.

The article is obviously biased
    You sure about that?

https://www.boxingscene.com/felix-tr...coverage--1137

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
      --------------------------------------

This line pretty much goes against the hogwash BS that you just wrote - "Maybe the scorecards will go against Alvarez one day, when he’s not the up and coming prospect [as he was against Floyd Mayweather]".

That line suggests that Canelo was robbed against Mayweather. Those score cards went against Canelo because he LOST, period. In fact one idiot judge had Canelo winning the fight.

I am not suggesting this write is biased. I actually agree with what he wrote mostly but you clearly can't comprehend context.
      How does that suggest he was robbed? You're reaching.

Comment

This is a clearly pro-GGG article with a little credit given to Canelo to try to mask the bias. I see it more as bitterness and racism that B-Hop's record still stands.

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...NE&sh=9a324fe1

Just sayin..

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            I mean prove me otherwise man I just don’t see it all than announcers cringe other than roy and Pauline.
            Pauline imho is the worst most biased announcer there is, ALWAYS swinging off certain fighters nuts while refusing to give others credit.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
              Compubox stats is some fat old geezer pushing a button, people should seriously stop even thinking about using it as some argument about fight verdicts. In both fights Golovkin got hit with a completely unignorable amount of power shots. I fail to think what could Golovkin possibly, with mostly his pitter patter jabs mostly landed on the gloves, have done to better Canelo's connects, which were better and more numerous, Golovkin at best, only matched him during some exchanges, only rarely clearly winning an exchange, and almost always receiving the worst of the incoming fire constantly and consistently.
              1 of the truest posts ive ever seen on this site,said without a hint of bias. Couldn't have said it better,these fanbois in the media don't know how to score a fight using the same 4 basic criteria as the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                1 of the truest posts ive ever seen on this site,said without a hint of bias. Couldn't have said it better,these fanbois in the media don't know how to score a fight using the same 4 basic criteria as the judges.
                Fanbois in the media ? What, because they have opinions you don't like ?

Let me guess - an opinion is unbiased if it agrees with your own.

Evens out a bit, but what about the opinions of boxers and ex-boxers ? Are they all fanbois (presumably of Golovkin) too ?

On your planet, how come none of the media are fanbois of Canelo ? Is there a conspiracy that you can let us in to ? Or is a secret that us ****wombles aren't allowed access to ?

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post

Evens out a bit, but what about the opinions of boxers and ex-boxers ? Are they all fanbois (presumably of Golovkin) too ?

On your planet, how come none of the media are fanbois of Canelo ? Is there a conspiracy that you can let us in to ? Or is a secret that us ****wombles aren't allowed access to ?
                  Boxers and ex boxers aren't calling it a robbery.

Go watch xfactor it's more to your liking than boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post

Their fanbois along with most you gggstans because you have demonstrated to not know sh about boxing, otherwise you wouldn't be crying robbery after ggg got clobbered by a huge margin of power shots. Its as simple as that, ANYONE who says you win fights by getting heavily outlanded in power shots,& to the body by a deficit of 56 body shots to 6 doesn't know jack sh about pro boxing scoring. If you think the fighter who landed more weak jabs won the fight despite those FACTS then your just a biased clown.

Btw the judges who all were considered the absolute most skilled & experienced that boxing has to offer,the ones who dedicated their lives without pay for most of it,to boxing;those guys know how to score a fight & they all agree that if not for 3 of last 4 rds,ggg would've lost heavily, meaning Canelo was dominating til then on all cards,so the guys that actually score fights for a living they all agree with me.
                    Last edited by kushking; 09-17-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Boxers and ex boxers aren't calling it a robbery.

Go watch xfactor it's more to your liking than boxing.
                      I'm not calling it a robbery either. Who is ? Best I can tell most media outlets are saying Golovkin edged a closely fought fight, which just happens to tally with my own opinion.

As for boxers and ex-boxers, as I said, evens out a bit.

Andre Ward: Alvarez
                      Claressa Shields: Alvarez
                      Manny Pacquiao: Golovkin
                      Roy Jones Jr: Draw
                      Manny Pacquiao: Golovkin
                      Lennox Lewis: Golovkin
                      Danny Jacobs: Golovkin
                      Terence Crawford: Golovkin
                      Barry Jones: Golovkin
                      Matthew Macklin: Golovkin
                      Anthony Fowler: Alvarez
                      David Haye: Alvarez
                      Carl Frampton: Golovkin
                      Robert Garcia: Alvarez
                      George Foreman: Alvarez
                      Richie Woodhall: Golovkin

And why would I want to watch xfactor ? I want to watch boxing where there is a scoring system that reflects what happens in the ring - how does that get extrapolated to watching the xfactor ?

Jalen Rose (Basketball player) summed it up nicely:

"Its unfortunate for boxing that we come to this show and say 'GGG has no way to win a decision in Vegas', that right there upsets the apple cart for the sport and it continues to hurt the popularity of it".

If I was a Canelo fan (vs a boxing fan) I'd be saying the same thing, but you don't seem to get that yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X