Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If I Was 28, 29 - I'd Have KO'd Mayweather's Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    I don't remember that at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
      I have only one regret about DLH's career it's that he came down in weight and he was dehydrated or somehow screwed up the weight vs Pacquiao. (He shoulda fought Winky instead but nobody really wanted to see it.)

I did....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        KO? Doubt it. He wins on points though. Even washed up he still deserved the decision in 2007.
        You out your rabbit a*s mind. GTFHO

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          Floyd picks those cherries just at the right time
          Any fighter would be cherries to The Best Ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            Pound for pound it’d be a good battle for sure. But the best oscar was at 147, and that is a bigger badder guy than Corrales will ever be.

Style favors Oscar as well. And I think his chin can handle Corrales’ power than the other way around.
            I don't think Floyd would K.O. oscar AT ALL but Floyd would of schooled oscar worse at 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jblo View Post
              Floyd most effective punch came after a jab. A straight right over the top of your jab which almost always found the opponents chin in dominate fashion. He couldnt beat floyd in boxing on his best night... Brawling idk look at the last 5 or 10 seconds of there fight ill give that too oscar. Oscar feels his dad mayweather sr is the best trainer oscar looked his best when mayweather sr was in his corner... He asked him to train him to beat his son. But Sr said NO.... So he knew floyd was better a long time before they fought oscar used politics to stay away from floyd and also had to use him in the end too promote his golden boy promotions....Floyd put them on the map he beat all his fighters and arums too. De la hoya past the torch too floyd he had no choice it was alot of money to be made
              Yeah, Mayweather Sr. added a few wrinkles to Oscars game, but I wouldn't put a ton of stock in it.
              Oscars best night boxing imo was the Tito fight with Alcazar (sp), and Gil Clancy, gave him such a great fight plan that he was outboxing prime Tito silly, making him miss/making him pay all night. Everything was clicking. Floyd Sr. never had Oscar that sharp not that I can recall. Even in the Vargas fight he was not flat-out dominant like he was against Trinidad.

Clancy tells him to kill the clock because they felt he was so far ahead in the final rounds but it still cost him the fight. Tito made up some ground in the second half of the fight, but people still think Oscar was robbed in that one. Btw, Tito is atg and undefeated @ ww top 15 at best. Plus beat a prime undefeated Vargas before Oscar.

Oscar doubled and tripled his jab pretty good at his best. Even in the fight that took place, Floyd didn't really take over until after Oscar stopped jabbing and seemed to be gassing. They even asked him in the post fight about it. Conditioning maybe? Oscar never gave a definitive answer.

Sure, Floyd could counter over the top all day on the Hattons, Maidanas, Cottos, or slower guys he had reach on, but a more prime Oscar would be none of those things. Oddly enough, in a dogfight I would say Floyd would bust Oscar up bad due to how sharp and accurate of a puncher he is, and Oscar natural length advantage would be thrown out the window. That would the wrong fight plan for Oscar imo. Switching trainers because Oscar brought the big bread was a detriment imo as well.
              Last edited by djtmal; 09-01-2018, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Yeah Oscarina, ‘If I Had A Hammer’ I put it in your fishnets & we’d knock that punk out! That’s if I were 29 again.

Comment

• Yes Oscar and pigs fly as well and wait for it Santa Claus is real ... and wait for it, if Floyd was 28-29 he would have KO you in the first few seconds you cross dressing FREAK!!! Stop using Floyds name just to draw up attention for yourself, if you want more attention and media hype then just go DRAG queen on us again haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Any fighter would be cherries to The Best Ever.
                    Cherry picked refers to fighters chosen just at the right time.

That what Floyd has done.

Real champions fight the best, they don't pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                      He outweighed Floyd by over 15 lbs .Floyd weighed 150 at the weigh in. Oscar was naturally the bigger man but Floyd made him miss and capitalised on the fact that he was the superior athlete.

Let’s use your logic then in Oscar’s prime was he undefeated? Which fighters defeated him in his prime? And what makes you think that Mayweather couldn’t considering that they did. Do they have a common opponent? I’m sorry but concluding that Oscar can beat Mayweather in his prime on the basis that he outweighed Mayweather by 15 pounds ,aged 34 years with Mayweather being 30 years and they fought a reasonably close contest does not prove anything. My advice is that you take a closer look at his losses in his prime and you will see similar traits in his predictable errors.

Generally it’s hard to say an undefeated fighter who beat a fighter would have lost to him if that particular fighter was 5 years younger considering he has been beaten comprehensively in his prime. Though your only logic which I deem as warped is their single fight they had. At least you can’t be proven wrong so that’s a plus I suppose
                      Show how out of shape he was. Oscar won titles at Superfeather and his prime years was at welter, naturally he was a welter.

Yes, Oscar's timing was off and he was slowly, much easier to make someone miss then. He still caught Floyd quite a few time.

Roided up Mosley beat Oscar, close fights though, could have gone either way. Floyd took on a Mosley over 10 years later, no roids at 38 only fighting to pay his ex-wife alimony.

Trinidad got a win over Oscar as well, in a fight many thoughts Oscar won, he seemed to rack up a lead then cruise in the latter rounds, Most people had Oscar winning that.

A Prime Roided Mosley and Trinidad both beat Floyd as well.

But much like Oscar, Floyd only cherry picked Mosley when the time is right.

Mayweather never beat great fighter in their prime

Comment

Working...
                      X