Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If I Was 28, 29 - I'd Have KO'd Mayweather's Ass!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Well I very much disagree, prime Oscar at 147lbs destroys Floyd. Floyd just managed to get the decision against retired past prime Oscar, after Oscar faded in the second half of the fight. Never had the timing in his right hand, and out jabed Floyd in the first half.

Hard to see how you can have Floyd beating a prime Oscar when he just managed to beat Oscar in that bad of shape.

Logically you must believe Oscar was not that past prime, which all the evidence says he was
    He outweighed Floyd by over 15 lbs .Floyd weighed 150 at the weigh in. Oscar was naturally the bigger man but Floyd made him miss and capitalised on the fact that he was the superior athlete.

Let’s use your logic then in Oscar’s prime was he undefeated? Which fighters defeated him in his prime? And what makes you think that Mayweather couldn’t considering that they did. Do they have a common opponent? I’m sorry but concluding that Oscar can beat Mayweather in his prime on the basis that he outweighed Mayweather by 15 pounds ,aged 34 years with Mayweather being 30 years and they fought a reasonably close contest does not prove anything. My advice is that you take a closer look at his losses in his prime and you will see similar traits in his predictable errors.

Generally it’s hard to say an undefeated fighter who beat a fighter would have lost to him if that particular fighter was 5 years younger considering he has been beaten comprehensively in his prime. Though your only logic which I deem as warped is their single fight they had. At least you can’t be proven wrong so that’s a plus I suppose
    Last edited by Noelanthony; 09-01-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• If he boxed as good as he boxed Tito, yeah I'd give him a shot at outpointing Floyd by virtue of being the longer guy. When Oscar let everything flow off his jab he was at his best. Floyd would have to take some leather to get some in.
      Last edited by djtmal; 09-01-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        BARZ...... set it up .........AYE -VERB. Vs LARRYXXX

Comment

• Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
          Nonsense. Floyd called Oscar out years before they actually fought.
          I don't remember that at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            I don't remember that at all.
            You're an embarrassment to all americans SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Then why did he duck Floyd when Floyd was trying to fight him that Floyd had to leave top rank to get the fights & money he wanted?
              So, was that a bad idea for Floyd? And who did that sound exactly like? Floyd and Manny. So now that you're in a corner, did your idol duck Oscar or Manny?

Comment

• Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                You're an embarrassment to all americans SMH
                No dummy, because it didn't happen. Great screen name. Must've taken you forever to come up with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  So, was that a bad idea for Floyd? And who did that sound exactly like? Floyd and Manny. So now that you're in a corner, did your idol duck Oscar or Manny?
                  Oscar was always in a higher weight class than Floyd even though floyd was always calling him out.

Evidence proves manny ducked floyd though

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
                    I agree with Oscar. Prime Oscar destroys Floyd.
                    Your crazy oscar was easy work for money

Comment

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                      Not in my world. His ZERO is fake. Floyd is not undefeated fighter.
                      Yes! Many of his wins were doctored by las vegas judges. His record should have 4 losses at the least.

Comment

Working...
                      X