Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Wilder is Technically Not That Good, Fury Wins on Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    People basically summarize Hatton's career as poor based on losing to Floyd and Manny - two of the GOATs in their prime. Did you actually watch Hatton in his prime? He also lived a poor lifestyle and never kept himself in shape until training camp and cut massive amounts of weight. Funny, how you fan boys can diminish someone's legacy with one sentence and doesn't seem that you even watched him during his prime.
    I never said ANYTHING about Hatton being poor. ANYTHING!!

Comment

People basically summarize Hatton's career as poor based on losing to Floyd and Manny - two of the GOATs in their prime. Did you actually watch Hatton in his prime? He also lived a poor lifestyle and never kept himself in shape until training camp and cut massive amounts of weight. Funny, how you fan boys can diminish someone's legacy with one sentence and doesn't seem that you even watched him during his prime.
      All I did was give my take on his style and you went off the deep end.

Comment

Fury ran from WK all night and he will do the same and hold against Wilder. If Wilder stays patient and fights off his jab he should have no problem either KO'ing or winning on points.

Comment

If Hatton was a beautiful boxer I didn't be like ok Hat, lmao. But........

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            Offensively he is not. Offensively he is top 30 in the world. As for Klitschko, Klitschko has always been a cagey fighter. Don’t get me wrong Fury done the business on him but for me it was a combination of Fury’s brilliance and Klitschko ‘s negative mindset. He was the unified champion had ruled the division for 10 years was never in any trouble in the fight and even when he knew he was behind on the scorecards was still gun shy . Shocking. When he eventually tried to throw caution to the wind in the 12th I was still worried for Fury but he was panicking. Fast forward 3.5 years , 2 lbs of coke ,11 stone of adipose tissue then losing 10 stone of adipose tissue then we have the Tyson Fury of today. I wasn’t totally sold then and I’m definitely not now. He can’t touch Deontay. He may evade him for so and so rounds but the minute he gets clipped that’s it.

When your trainer says you will win on points you areFu#cked because in a best case scenario is that you survive 36 minutes. He is not Mayweather he is not 5ft he is 6ft 9 with a soft succulent chin that will cave in to power of a cruiser weight talk less of Wilder power
            Love this guy. Your a big fan of aj but can still acknowledge wilders ability without an ounce of bias or fanboy influence. Top man. Rare thing from what i've seen on here.

Comment

I followed hatton. He has a good win vs tyzu in what was tyzus last fight. The other big name win was castillo but he was clearly washed up. Mayweather and pac were pretty much in control the entire time they fought him and Collazo arguably beat him. I can understand the argument of him being overrated. His accomplishments weren't as great as what his popularity was.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                Wlad was shot in that fight. He couldn't even KO Bryant Jennings in his previous fight, and if you'll recall, Ortiz knocked out Jennings that same year.

Fury landed less than 23% of his punches and fewer than 9 punches per round against a completely immobile Wlad.

Wilder will not stand still and he will throw punches.
                Ortiz is better than klitschko because he KO'd jennings and Wlad did not ? Incredibly stupid...so i guess Kevin Johnson is better than Fury because he KO'd Pianeta and Fury didnt...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Ortiz is better than klitschko because he KO'd jennings and Wlad did not ? Incredibly stupid...so i guess Kevin Johnson is better than Fury because he KO'd Pianeta and Fury didnt...
                  Prime Klitschko would obliterate Ortiz. Or Wilder, Joshua, or Fury.

But Wlad was already showing signs of slowing down in the Bryant Jennings fight. Moving less, being more hesitant to throw punches than he already was.

I'd take 2018 Ortiz to beat 2015 Wlad. On the other hand, 2013 Wlad KOs Ortiz inside 8 rounds. And in a year or two we'll probably see Ortiz's skills drop drastically from where they are now, as it generally happens to heavyweights around this age. There are not a lot of heavyweights in history that looked good at 39 or older. Wlad was mortal like the rest of them and Fury caught him at the right time (and Joshua caught him a further 18 months later than the right time).

Comment

Originally posted by Arma316 View Post
                    Fury is a much better fighter than Ortiz. To put it quite frankly, Wladimir Klitschko was a better fighter than Ortiz and he was shut out by Fury.
                    The entire fight between Wlad and Fury was pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                      With Everyone talking about Wilders straight Right hand, it wouldnt surprise if his gameplan was to attack the body early setting up the big power shot in the later rounds
                      That is exactly what he needs to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X