Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Wilder is Technically Not That Good, Fury Wins on Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arma316 View Post
    Fury is a much better fighter than Ortiz. To put it quite frankly, Wladimir Klitschko was a better fighter than Ortiz and he was shut out by Fury.
    Offensively he is not. Offensively he is top 30 in the world. As for Klitschko, Klitschko has always been a cagey fighter. Don’t get me wrong Fury done the business on him but for me it was a combination of Fury’s brilliance and Klitschko ‘s negative mindset. He was the unified champion had ruled the division for 10 years was never in any trouble in the fight and even when he knew he was behind on the scorecards was still gun shy . Shocking. When he eventually tried to throw caution to the wind in the 12th I was still worried for Fury but he was panicking. Fast forward 3.5 years , 2 lbs of coke ,11 stone of adipose tissue then losing 10 stone of adipose tissue then we have the Tyson Fury of today. I wasn’t totally sold then and I’m definitely not now. He can’t touch Deontay. He may evade him for so and so rounds but the minute he gets clipped that’s it.

When your trainer says you will win on points you areFu#cked because in a best case scenario is that you survive 36 minutes. He is not Mayweather he is not 5ft he is 6ft 9 with a soft succulent chin that will cave in to power of a cruiser weight talk less of Wilder power

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
      That's true. Hatton was basically a better Shawn Porter in my opinion with all that bullrushing and smothering. He's still right about Wilder though.
      People basically summarize Hatton's career as poor based on losing to Floyd and Manny - two of the GOATs in their prime. Did you actually watch Hatton in his prime? He also lived a poor lifestyle and never kept himself in shape until training camp and cut massive amounts of weight. Funny, how you fan boys can diminish someone's legacy with one sentence and doesn't seem that you even watched him during his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
        True. But Wilder hasn't been floored by bums. Also, Wilder is more disciplined in his lifestyle. Based on all accounts, he's a good family man who just trains hard.
        In his 13th fight he was floored by a guitarist.Do you know what’s amazing there is not video coverage of it on the internet which is weird. It was so inconspicuous that some Wilder fans believe he has never been floored. I thought I should share that with you

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          Punchers' Chance > Flailer's Chance
          Reliant on reach advantage < Having the reach advantage

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
            I believe this is the punch you were talking about. Ortiz tried following up and jumping in with a right hand and... POW!! that was the beginning of the end

Yeah that's the punch made the other people watching fight tell me to sit down after I said "whoop his @$$" back to back 😞😞 I eventually sat down after sticking up my middle finger 🖕

Comment

he is probably right!

i didn't see all of fury's last fight, so i will withhold my pick, but you have to understand that styles make fights, and what that means. fury is a better boxer by a stretch. he moves very well for somebody that big. he just does. there's a real question about whether or not wilder will be able to land his power. the balance leans on fury to win the rounds, wilder has a puncher's chance. i can't see how anybody disagrees with that, just looking at the styles.

now, what you also need to consider is how far gone fury was. again, my feed was garbage and i didn't see the whole fight. in his first comeback fight fury looked more interested in teh fights in the crowd, i though the was ready to retire. wilder knocks that dude out. but he lost enough weight to make me pause, and think about just how rough of a time wilder is going to have against a taller guy with head movement.

Comment

Wilder is long and rangy and throws that right hand in quick...tyson can pull back and keep away 6ft 1 heavyweights but wilder is 6ft 7 and with almost the same resch...in fact they looked the same size in the ring Saturday night.
                People forget that fury has been dropped 2 times by straight rights before and they were against small punchers compared with wilder.
                Fury has one serious problem is he seems the lost even more pop in his punches now almost to the fact that even wilder can diregard them.
                That spells bad news for tyson fury and he will bet proper ironed out come november or december.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
                  I believe this is the punch you were talking about. Ortiz tried following up and jumping in with a right hand and... POW!! that was the beginning of the end

wilder's power is hysterical. reminded me a bit of jackson -graham, but jackson slept him with one punch and wilder only rocked his guy . still, if you can hurt a dude on the back foot and off balance like that you are a FREAK. wilder's straight right hand is a gift from god, it's a shame he didn't learn to use it properly as a young man and is such a windmill.

Comment

Wilder does have poor technique sometimes and I wonder what in the hell does his trainer teach him during training camp, just wait for the money shot? Wilder needs to switch his trainer and bring Jermell Charlo's trainer or something. It doesn't make any sense not to have a better jab than what he has or defense. He should be more polished with 40 fights under his belt.

Comment

Technically every opponent wilder has faced was better than him.. Luis Ortiz, Gerald Washington, Artur szpilka, etc until they get Caught with the power is when they lose... Technically deontay wilder sucks

Comment

Working...
                      X