Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Wilder is Technically Not That Good, Fury Wins on Points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    it was a nice shot indeed...call me picky, but it would've been even nicer if he didn't almost fall down afterward. something about wilder gives the impression that everything just happens by chance in there.

the counter shot he landed on szpilka was nicer imo.
    I mean that shot certainly didn't happen by chance. You can see him loading up for the counter the entire time as he was baiting Ortiz.

But as for him being off balance? I mean good luck finding clips where he isn't off balance lol.

I do think Wilder gets underrated a bit. Folks think he just swings crazy until he lands. But there is a method to his madness. It's only when he has his opponent hurt when he just goes ape ***** and swinging from every direction.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      I mean that shot certainly didn't happen by chance. You can see him loading up for the counter the entire time as he was baiting Ortiz.

But as for him being off balance? I mean good luck finding clips where he isn't off balance lol.

I do think Wilder gets underrated a bit. Folks think he just swings crazy until he lands. But there is a method to his madness. It's only when he has his opponent hurt when he just goes ape ***** and swinging from every direction.
      well he definitely has the perfect coach for that style...he's just been a very long work in progress. i'm not sure what the reasons may be for the extended learning curve, but at 40 fights he should be a lot more polished.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
        well he definitely has the perfect coach for that style...he's just been a very long work in progress. i'm not sure what the reasons may be for the extended learning curve, but at 40 fights he should be a lot more polished.
        He has a style that is effective for him and that's fine. I'm sure Breeland and others attempted to make him into a technical fighter but that wasn't to be. So what you do instead is try to make his current style as effective as possible. Wilder's jab when he commits to it is very sharp and has a lot of snap in it, and he's learned over the years to be able land his big counter shot.

His style has its advantages as well though. He's kind of like Mayorga, but with added game changing power.

Obviously he can be out boxed, but I would try to push him around in the clinch. He is a very light HW and has a skinny frame. Washington at times was able to push him back and pretty much handled him on the inside for the first few rounds. I expect Fury will try to implement a similar game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          He has a style that is effective for him and that's fine. I'm sure Breeland and others attempted to make him into a technical fighter but that wasn't to be. So what you do instead is try to make his current style as effective as possible. Wilder's jab when he commits to it is very sharp and has a lot of snap in it, and he's learned over the years to be able land his big counter shot.

His style has its advantages as well though. He's kind of like Mayorga, but with added game changing power.

Obviously he can be out boxed, but I would try to push him around in the clinch. He is a very light HW and has a skinny frame. Washington at times was able to push him back and pretty much handled him on the inside for the first few rounds. I expect Fury will try to implement a similar game plan.
          yea, the 1-2 is his bread and butter...he needs to be more active with his jab. Washington was out jabbing him. I think fury will be able to take a lot off his shots by rolling with them. szpilka had success looking and rolling the impact off the big shots...until he shifted right into that right hand anyway. I just don't feel like fury at this stage will be sharp enough to keep it up for 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Go watch Canelo vs. Lara! As long as Wilder stays on the hunt, he'll win the fight! Fury thinks he's Sugar Ray Leonard at HW, and he's nowhere near! He has to do much more than he did Saturday to get the win! This is what the Guardian had to say about Klitschko vs. Fury:

Final thoughts

Klitschko has spoken in German but my grasp of the language [guesses that German for “rubbish” is. Fails] isn’t brilliant. But let’s just say he didn’t look impressed by losing the title or Fury’s Aerosmith rendition.

But perhaps his biggest disappointment will be that he lost in such half-hearted fashion. Any half-decent heavyweight would have fancied their chances against Klitschko on that performance. Was he old? Injured? Ready to retire? Psyched out by Fury? We’ll find out in the next few months, perhaps but Ali v Frazier that was not. It really was a sad, pale ghost of the great heavyweight fights of the past, even with the shock result.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/li...ry-boxing-live

I hope Wilder vs. Fury is a much better fight, and I think it will be, only because Wilder will make it that way!
            Well canelo was the cash cow in that fight and it was controversial. bad example lol and Mayweather never had a problem fighting on the defence. obviously not saying Furys on that level but hitting and not getting hit is the name of the game.

I don't know what the Guardians opinion on the klitschko fight has to do with anything. Fury outboxed him and deserved the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Lol, Kill? Yeah, maybe with a barrage of headbutts.
              How the fuk do you see Hatton beating Porter? More workrate? He's gonna outfight Porter? Or is he gonna be slick in there Duran style? Or is he gonna box *gasp*?

Comment

Working...
              X